Multiple players living in one house - is this a problem?

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Ives
Beginner

Multiple players living in one house - is this a problem?

Post by Ives » 25 Feb 2015 17:26

If I remember right, logging in with two characters at the same time is not allowed. Are the wizards going to think that I'm playing more than one character (cheating) if my kids are logged in at the same time that I am? We could potentially have 5 people playing from one house if everyone was going at once here and I don't want someone's character to get deleted or anything like that. Do I need to do anything to make sure that we're not breaking a rule somewhere?

Trying to help breed a new generation of Genesis players for you all,
Ives

Irk
Rising Hero

Re: Multiple players living in one house - is this a problem

Post by Irk » 25 Feb 2015 17:42

you have to speak with wizards and inform them about such situation.

Ives
Beginner

Post by Ives » 25 Feb 2015 17:49

Thank you for your help!

Mirandus
Site Admin

Post by Mirandus » 25 Feb 2015 19:06

They have been pretty good about it in the past,

When I was in University I lived with a fellow mudder. We simply told them we lived together and named the characters and all seemed to be okay.

I don't see it'd be different now.

Arcon

Post by Arcon » 25 Feb 2015 20:22

Just send a mail to AoP to inform them and that should be enough.

Snowrose
Rising Hero

Post by Snowrose » 25 Feb 2015 22:43

me and my hisband both play gen and never had an issue, (though hubby doesnt play much latly) Heck we started in the same computer lab with several other Genesis players. one advantage of a small close knit community like genesis is the admin don't just auto nuke you they will talk to you if there is an issue.

if you want to make sure to keep things clear you can have people in your household use the "second" command for if any person in the household has alts. if the admin can see ok bob has 2 chars mary has 3 chars and the rest have one each they will probibly realize its a family or computer lab.

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 26 Feb 2015 06:33

INform the AoP and you'll be fine "Hewey, dewey and louey will be playing from this IP as we live in the same house" or something :o Its usually not an issue

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 26 Feb 2015 18:14

Draugor wrote:INform the AoP and you'll be fine "Hewey, dewey and louey will be playing from this IP as we live in the same house" or something :o Its usually not an issue
Yup. That's the best way. I'll make a note of it and if anyone should wonder about the IPs it wont be an issue.

Snowrose
Rising Hero

Post by Snowrose » 26 Feb 2015 23:57

maybe there could be a family command were people can register the other people playing same household if concerned about IP. only viewable by wizards and self.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 27 Feb 2015 00:46

We have the command Snowrose. I am it.:)

It might be good that it actually requires some human contact and some effort in explaining your setup and why you play from the same IP. Just a command might open up for a lot of "families"...

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/