Peculiar and exotic items in protected areas

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Mim
Rising Hero

Peculiar and exotic items in protected areas

Post by Mim » 01 Apr 2015 11:23

Greetings!

To have extra chances for peculiar and exotic items in limited areas feels not OK.
I tested out the rumours about Minas Morgul and the rumours are not rumours anymore, but facts.
After 2 hours of grinding 3 peculiar and 1 exotic dropped (12 unusual) from less than 350 orcs.
This is unacceptable!!

Also noted was this Mage Orc Spy who attacked me (I barely escaped with my life) who obviously thought it was HIS killing area. I always thought MMs were roleplayers.

Chanele
Champion

Re: Peculiar and exotic items in protected areas

Post by Chanele » 01 Apr 2015 12:03

Only friends and themselves are allowed to kill them;)

Kas
Legend

Post by Kas » 01 Apr 2015 12:23

Harads, and not orcs I presume?

If you refer to the Harads, I don't think there is any substantial data suggesting that they drop peculiar and exotic items in a more frequent manner than anywhere else in the game.
Might and Glory flaming for changing dawn, ancient power revealed of an iron crown, clear and cold and shining so far and bright, crush the world in one clash of your binding light.

Gû kîbum kelkum-ishi, burzum-ishi. Akha - gûm-ishi ashi gurum!

Icarus
Veteran

Post by Icarus » 01 Apr 2015 12:26

No, I actually believe he means the black-orcs and uruks inside Minas Morgul...

Dat Mim be crazy!
Flee you fools!

Mim
Rising Hero

Post by Mim » 01 Apr 2015 12:30

Kas wrote:Harads, and not orcs I presume?
Harads are outside and not inside a protected area.
What I refer to are areas that are protected by a guild inofficially.
If this has to do with Gorboth beeing ex MM I do not know, but this really stinks.

Kas
Legend

Post by Kas » 01 Apr 2015 12:40

Mim wrote:
Kas wrote:Harads, and not orcs I presume?
Harads are outside and not inside a protected area.
What I refer to are areas that are protected by a guild inofficially.
If this has to do with Gorboth beeing ex MM I do not know, but this really stinks.
This thread smells like a joke, but just in case:

Well, killing inside Minas Morgul warrants death if you are found, obviously. Regarding the droprates of peculiar and exotic items in our city, I have no clue. We never grind there and therefore have no data on it, but I doubt it unless the immortals have made exceptions to that particular dangerous area.

:D
Might and Glory flaming for changing dawn, ancient power revealed of an iron crown, clear and cold and shining so far and bright, crush the world in one clash of your binding light.

Chanele
Champion

Post by Chanele » 01 Apr 2015 12:51

A joke? How can you believe that?

The last one was better though ;)

Kas
Legend

Post by Kas » 01 Apr 2015 13:07

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 01 Apr 2015 14:53

Mim wrote:Greetings!

To have extra chances for peculiar and exotic items in limited areas feels not OK.
I tested out the rumours about Minas Morgul and the rumours are not rumours anymore, but facts.
After 2 hours of grinding 3 peculiar and 1 exotic dropped (12 unusual) from less than 350 orcs.
This is unacceptable!!

Also noted was this Mage Orc Spy who attacked me (I barely escaped with my life) who obviously thought it was HIS killing area. I always thought MMs were roleplayers.
Stun receptive Balrog was better! ;)

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 01 Apr 2015 15:44

Heh ... Mim, you should see the drop rates in the Merc and Ogre areas. That's where the fabled "haunted" imbuements can occur. These actually have 4, rather than 3 imbuements in one item. So far, only about a dozen have actually spawned since we opened imbuements as they are just that rare. But ... yep, you guessed it ... every single one spawned within 10 rooms of the Merc or Ogre guilds. You have me totally pegged. I take care of the guilds that matter to me! The rest can just ... er ... go suck a yellow toe!

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/