The Admin have been in the process of discussing ways to enhance gameplay, specifically when it comes to pvp. The current way of doing things makes death very costly, acting as a deterrent to pvp as an option most people would choose on any regular basis.
One proposal which has emerged would offer to change the game in two main ways:
- Mortal levels (wanderer, veteran, legend, etc.) would change to be based on total acquired exp rather than stat average.
- The death penalty would be altered so that a player cannot lose exp past what is required to maintain their current mortal level.
- Once you earn a mortal level, you can never drop below it when you die.
- If pvp engagement drops you down to your mortal-level baseline, you can achieve a state of "nothing to lose" which might make pvp much more fun and less demoralizing.
- Myth++ players have a lot more to lose than non-myth++ players. This is one of the problems with the proposal.
- Players could no longer use death to re-spec their stats. This is another problem.
- Because the same level of exp might lead to very different stat-averages based on your racial stat modifiers and your allocation of experience across your stats, two players might reach the same mortal levels at very different levels of power. Not really a problem, perhaps, but interesting!
- Re-stratification of where the levels are achieved, possibly including more mortal levels that go far higher than the current myth average.
- Re-opening the attic in the Sparkle AG so players can deal directly with death to re-spec their stats.