Keeping your titles and basing them differently ...

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.

Having read the note below, I think the idea sounds:

... worth a try, let's test it for a month.
72%
... like a mistake. Don't do it.
28%

Total votes: 53

Leia
Wizard

Re: Keeping your titles and basing them differently ...

Post by Leia » 20 Apr 2015 19:23

This, this, this.
Double and triple that.

I've been pounding that drum to anyone who'd hear it for awhile. Death is presently too costly to encourage RP of the type that leads to prolonged encounters and guild wars. The stuff that used to make Genesis exciting when I was new.

I agree with Cherek (and others) - no new levels above myth, sandwich some in between. And while yes, myths have more to lose in the model, that model just might encourage some rebalancing effects, where - over time - the top levels start to even out a bit.

I think this idea is absolutely worth a go (and I for one hope it sticks.)

Greywolf
Adventurer

Post by Greywolf » 22 Apr 2015 08:15

Arcon wrote:Would death recovery be taken away?

I think it should since you are guaranteed to stay in your current mortal level so you can't loose too much. And if a myth die, so what? People are too big as it is and they will still stay as myth.
I think death recovery becomes much more important for larger Myths if this idea is implemented.They should probably get to keep it. Perhaps only Myths should have it.

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 23 Apr 2015 00:09

Here is a though.
How about making QEXP more readily available?
So that its no issue getting to the cap?
How about making a hard cap on size so you actually cant grow anymore once you hit very violent?
And then instead tossing the EXP you gain into a death "insurance" or you can use that extra exp to buy stuff.. Like your own choice of imbues.

Just a thought.
Brute system aint gonna change anyway
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Mim
Rising Hero

Post by Mim » 23 Apr 2015 09:36

Laurel wrote:Loose stats ... blah blah and then comes Mim and states that loosing imbues hurts more than loosing stats. Go figure ... ;)
I am a noob.
But I still belive that loosing a top imbue takes more time to recover than death does.
Maybe I am wrong. It happened before.
(I think last time I was wrong was 15 october 1974, far to close to the time before, which was 3april 1969)

OgreToyBoy
Champion

Post by OgreToyBoy » 23 Apr 2015 10:05

Mim wrote:
Laurel wrote:Loose stats ... blah blah and then comes Mim and states that loosing imbues hurts more than loosing stats. Go figure ... ;)
I am a noob.
But I still belive that loosing a top imbue takes more time to recover than death does.
Maybe I am wrong. It happened before.
(I think last time I was wrong was 15 october 1974, far to close to the time before, which was 3april 1969)
All depends on how fast you can make xp. I suck at the whole xp thing so take forever to recover, can I get to change imbues for recovery xp I'd be grateful.

Greywolf
Adventurer

Post by Greywolf » 03 May 2015 22:42

This is a great idea. Any chance of it happening?

Snowrose
Rising Hero

Post by Snowrose » 06 May 2015 07:35

you could always after people hit myth have another catch point every couple of million xp
(or a relitive amout of exp similar to the difference between myth and the level below it rounded up)
so while they wont as easilly know when they pass a catch point unless they die a few times but theyd still have a nice pvp safty net which is the point of this change.

If im understanding this correctly it wont add stats or levels to the game it will only affect people killed in pvp repetedly so that they dont lose more than a fixed amount if people deside to declare open season on them. it will also naturly be the most benificial for newbies who have a much smaller window between levels.

Zhar
Wizard

Post by Zhar » 07 May 2015 14:45

Here's a crazy idea to promote interaction.

How about we implement the "can't drop below the level if you reach it" thingie, then reset all champ+ people to the champion level and make it an absolute maximum you can reach with grinding/xp. After that, if you want to improve your stats/mortal level you'll have to "socialize":

Each kill on a player of your size equals 20% xp needed to advance to the next level with regular xp. Each death from equal sized or smaller player means you lose 20%. Killing someone bigger nets you 40% (1 level difference) or 60% (2 level difference) xp.

So, when you're champion you can kill 5 champs or 3 legends or 2 myths (or any combination of those that amounts to 100%) to become legend. Then you can work on becoming myth (by hunting legends and myths since champs don't give you xp any more). Once you reach myth you only get xp for killing other myths, it increases slowly and goes down every time someone champ+ kills you (on a plus side you're immune to people below champ).

Sounds fun?
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.

Irk
Rising Hero

Post by Irk » 07 May 2015 14:53

WOOO HOOO great fun :lol:
I dont know what pills you take, but take half :)

Dread
Great Adventurer

Post by Dread » 07 May 2015 14:55

Zhar wrote:Here's a crazy idea to promote interaction.

How about we implement the "can't drop below the level if you reach it" thingie, then reset all champ+ people to the champion level and make it an absolute maximum you can reach with grinding/xp. After that, if you want to improve your stats/mortal level you'll have to "socialize":

Each kill on a player of your size equals 20% xp needed to advance to the next level with regular xp. Each death from equal sized or smaller player means you lose 20%. Killing someone bigger nets you 40% (1 level difference) or 60% (2 level difference) xp.

So, when you're champion you can kill 5 champs or 3 legends or 2 myths (or any combination of those that amounts to 100%) to become legend. Then you can work on becoming myth (by hunting legends and myths since champs don't give you xp any more). Once you reach myth you only get xp for killing other myths, it increases slowly and goes down every time someone champ+ kills you (on a plus side you're immune to people below champ).

Sounds fun?
I love it. Sounds amazing. My only critique would be that it would make 80% of the guilds nonviable.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/