Keeping your titles and basing them differently ...

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.

Having read the note below, I think the idea sounds:

... worth a try, let's test it for a month.
38
72%
... like a mistake. Don't do it.
15
28%
 
Total votes: 53

Chanele
Titan
Posts: 536
Joined: 04 Mar 2010 12:39

Re: Keeping your titles and basing them differently ...

Post by Chanele » 20 Apr 2015 09:58

This might be a solution to increase PvP and lessen the impact and loss of death's but will we ever address the huge size differences?

I think it would be good if brute had less influence up to a certain mortal level, titan or champion perhaps. It must be quite disheartening, for a new player, when they learn how hard it is to reach the higher levels. Old people would still keep their advantages but new people would at least have a chance to compete at the same level.

Edit: Introduction of new mortal titles has already been made, bringing new ones won't hurt it further. Besides, everyone knows who's the big guns due to the rankings. A few new titles might be fun.

Boreaulam
Wizard
Posts: 64
Joined: 24 Apr 2012 20:03

Re: Keeping your titles and basing them differently ...

Post by Boreaulam » 20 Apr 2015 14:07

I read this thread with great interest.

I fully approve this idea.
Much was said about it, but I want to touch a point that wasn't really mentioned before:
Guild wars:
I think that will help a lot with guild wars.
Right now, many natural guild wars are not started because people are afraid to die.
Some smaller guilds cannot compete with big guilds or even try.
Because loss in these battles will make this guild even smaller and weaker.

New approach will help even smaller guild to participate in wars because they won't fear to loose size and members, only equipment and pride.

Re Mortis:
I want to address you issue with 3 smaller myths killed one big one.
I think that will be have positive impact on social life.
Right now, we have a "bully" friendly environment: Small players cannot say anything that will displease huge bully myth cause he will kill them.
With this improvement we will be able to give smaller players some options that they didn't have before: Gather a team and revenge without fear to be killed to a size of adept.

User avatar
Cherek
Site Admin
Posts: 3170
Joined: 04 Mar 2010 04:36

Re: Keeping your titles and basing them differently ...

Post by Cherek » 20 Apr 2015 15:00

Chanele wrote:This might be a solution to increase PvP and lessen the impact and loss of death's but will we ever address the huge size differences?

I think it would be good if brute had less influence up to a certain mortal level, titan or champion perhaps. It must be quite disheartening, for a new player, when they learn how hard it is to reach the higher levels. Old people would still keep their advantages but new people would at least have a chance to compete at the same level.

Edit: Introduction of new mortal titles has already been made, bringing new ones won't hurt it further. Besides, everyone knows who's the big guns due to the rankings. A few new titles might be fun.
If some new myths decide to not grind further and stay at small myth to be able to PVP with less risk, and if that also leads to the big myths being killed now and then, then it will have an impact on size differences eventually. A lot of "ifs" involved of course in that, and it wont solve it completely, but it might help a little. But I don't think the main reason for this idea is to solve that problem. We probably need another solution for that. There's really only two solutions aren't there? Boost small ones, or nerf big ones. But that's probably another thread too...

I am curious though how you first worry about the huge size differences, and in the next sentence suggest that adding more mortal titles won't hurt? Or did I misunderstand something? Is not the general consensus that the introduction of the current titles is one major reason why we now have the huge size differences? Would not introducing new titles beyond myth in all likelihood make that problem worse? As you would have even more reason to continue grinding past myth?

Laurel

Re: Keeping your titles and basing them differently ...

Post by Laurel » 20 Apr 2015 15:09

Loose stats ... blah blah and then comes Mim and states that loosing imbues hurts more than loosing stats. Go figure ... ;)

Arcon

Re: Keeping your titles and basing them differently ...

Post by Arcon » 20 Apr 2015 16:51

Would death recovery be taken away?

I think it should since you are guaranteed to stay in your current mortal level so you can't loose too much. And if a myth die, so what? People are too big as it is and they will still stay as myth.

User avatar
Irk
Rising Hero
Posts: 335
Joined: 14 Apr 2010 01:23

Re: Keeping your titles and basing them differently ...

Post by Irk » 20 Apr 2015 17:01

speak for yourself, chars like Morr or Fluffy or me would lost LOTS if myth would stay on current level.

Chanele
Titan
Posts: 536
Joined: 04 Mar 2010 12:39

Re: Keeping your titles and basing them differently ...

Post by Chanele » 20 Apr 2015 17:34

Cherek wrote:
Chanele wrote:This might be a solution to increase PvP and lessen the impact and loss of death's but will we ever address the huge size differences?

I think it would be good if brute had less influence up to a certain mortal level, titan or champion perhaps. It must be quite disheartening, for a new player, when they learn how hard it is to reach the higher levels. Old people would still keep their advantages but new people would at least have a chance to compete at the same level.

Edit: Introduction of new mortal titles has already been made, bringing new ones won't hurt it further. Besides, everyone knows who's the big guns due to the rankings. A few new titles might be fun.
If some new myths decide to not grind further and stay at small myth to be able to PVP with less risk, and if that also leads to the big myths being killed now and then, then it will have an impact on size differences eventually. A lot of "ifs" involved of course in that, and it wont solve it completely, but it might help a little. But I don't think the main reason for this idea is to solve that problem. We probably need another solution for that. There's really only two solutions aren't there? Boost small ones, or nerf big ones. But that's probably another thread too...

I am curious though how you first worry about the huge size differences, and in the next sentence suggest that adding more mortal titles won't hurt? Or did I misunderstand something? Is not the general consensus that the introduction of the current titles is one major reason why we now have the huge size differences? Would not introducing new titles beyond myth in all likelihood make that problem worse? As you would have even more reason to continue grinding past myth?
Well the damage was done ages ago when the new titles was introduced. Now I actually believe the biggest players are closing in on the "real" cap. Nerfing them will most likely cause them to leave so it would be better to boost the journey for the rest. Adding new titles and increase the growth to myth via less influence of brute would make the gap smaller.

It seems by the rankings Morrison is the biggest character, put a roof just above him. Add more titles in between myth and that roof (safe spots), lessen impact of brute up to myth and I believe you will get what you aim for, people will actually have a small chance to catch up and it will encourage participating in PVP. I mean today a newly turned myth is still tiny compared to these guys. That is why I would like more titles in between, being safe on tiny myth will not compete with the big guns and will also not increase PvP.

I'm also curious, you say this idea is based on encouraging people to do other things than grind grind grind. But on the other hand you introduce rankings and even split them up on each stats, something that will have the opposite effect. How were your thoughts behind this?

User avatar
gorboth
Site Admin
Posts: 2317
Joined: 03 Mar 2010 20:51
Location: Some old coffin

Re: Keeping your titles and basing them differently ...

Post by gorboth » 20 Apr 2015 17:45

Chanele wrote:I'm also curious, you say this idea is based on encouraging people to do other things than grind grind grind. But on the other hand you introduce rankings and even split them up on each stats, something that will have the opposite effect. How were your thoughts behind this?
It isn't that we want to ruin grinding, or think it is bad - it is that we don't want it to be the only game in town.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Chanele
Titan
Posts: 536
Joined: 04 Mar 2010 12:39

Re: Keeping your titles and basing them differently ...

Post by Chanele » 20 Apr 2015 17:51

gorboth wrote:
Chanele wrote:I'm also curious, you say this idea is based on encouraging people to do other things than grind grind grind. But on the other hand you introduce rankings and even split them up on each stats, something that will have the opposite effect. How were your thoughts behind this?
It isn't that we want to ruin grinding, or think it is bad - it is that we don't want it to be the only game in town.

G.
Alright fair enough, but to encourage guilds conflicts and improve PvP and peoples approach to that, will also require something that will decrease the size gaps. I think that is just as big reason as avoiding death due to penalties.

Laurel

Re: Keeping your titles and basing them differently ...

Post by Laurel » 20 Apr 2015 17:55

Chanele wrote:
gorboth wrote:
Chanele wrote:I'm also curious, you say this idea is based on encouraging people to do other things than grind grind grind. But on the other hand you introduce rankings and even split them up on each stats, something that will have the opposite effect. How were your thoughts behind this?
It isn't that we want to ruin grinding, or think it is bad - it is that we don't want it to be the only game in town.

G.
Alright fair enough, but to encourage guilds conflicts and improve PvP and peoples approach to that, will also require something that will decrease the size gaps. I think that is just as big reason as avoiding death due to penalties.
Like fixing the shit with changed qexp happy weeks modifier and changing race-changers as two first things?

Post Reply
http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/