"attacks you"

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Drip
Wanderer

"attacks you"

Post by Drip » 18 Apr 2015 03:25

When you enter a room and something attacks you, leave the room, <afocus> to cast a spell, go back to the room where the enemy is and <cast cheiropoto>
You aren't fighting anyone. Even if the message you see when you enter the room is that () is attacking you.
Fix so if something is attacking you, the player automatically attacks back before being dealt damage.
(if you don't understand what I've written, assume I have bad wording)

Aristos
Veteran

Re: "attacks you"

Post by Aristos » 18 Apr 2015 11:55

Drip wrote:When you enter a room and something attacks you, leave the room, <afocus> to cast a spell, go back to the room where the enemy is and <cast cheiropoto>
You aren't fighting anyone. Even if the message you see when you enter the room is that () is attacking you.
Fix so if something is attacking you, the player automatically attacks back before being dealt damage.
True, sometimes it works, though. It says "you attack <x>!> when you go back to the room, but that's only when X was running, not you.

The idea behind being not attacking when you enter a room you just left is to give you a chance to "make peace" or "assist" so that the focus of the attack is different.

The problem can be solved by simply typing "kill <x>" as soon as you enter the room. It makes sense because you were the one running out, so if you return, or the npc follows you, he attacks you, but you don't, since you're trying to get out of the fight.

You'll be rid of the problem with "afocus" as soon as you graduate. I don't think any other guild has such a thing.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 18 Apr 2015 14:13

Hm yeah, I agree. That would be better. I dont know if its an easy fix or a very complicated one though. I suggest using the "idea" command in game to begin with. It might increase the chance that one of our skilled archwizards will notice it and have a look.

cotillion
Site Admin

Post by cotillion » 18 Apr 2015 14:23

This is partly by design.
The one leaving the fight should get a disadvantage.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 18 Apr 2015 18:18

Oh. Didn't know that. I guess that makes sense too.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/