The Academy and body parts

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Snowrose
Rising Hero

Re: The Academy and body parts

Post by Snowrose » 26 Jun 2015 04:45

sorry other people were also saying what the academy required so I did not realize i had let additional cats out of the bag thank you for removing things that were inaproprate.

the essence of my post is its important to train students to find a good variety of components because we do not know what guild the students will end up in after they leave the school

Hopefuly this post is more approprate.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 26 Jun 2015 15:45

Chanele wrote:Good you keep her in check, that information was way out of line. With that said, you have quite a few posts to delete to uphold this standard.
Point me in the right direction and I will!

You think it's a bad rule to not allow revealing of spell components on the forums?

Snowrose
Rising Hero

Post by Snowrose » 26 Jun 2015 21:58

i do not think its a bad rule i just got caught up in the thread and was not thinking.
and I thought chanele was agreeing with you.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 27 Jun 2015 20:07

Snowrose wrote:i do not think its a bad rule i just got caught up in the thread and was not thinking.
and I thought chanele was agreeing with you.
I got a feeling she was ironic, but sometimes it's hard to make out irony or not in written form so I could be wrong.

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 04 Jul 2015 15:28

Cherek wrote:
Chanele wrote:Good you keep her in check, that information was way out of line. With that said, you have quite a few posts to delete to uphold this standard.
Point me in the right direction and I will!

You think it's a bad rule to not allow revealing of spell components on the forums?
I never got how that is fair towards newbies, especially compared to all those minmaxers with wizinfo. Not to mention those with access to wiz capacity. Seems more than enough do, to stop pretending and make the game at least easier for the rest. It will never be equal terms anyway.

Manglor
Rising Hero

Post by Manglor » 09 Jul 2015 11:12

Laurel wrote:I never got how that is fair towards newbies, especially compared to all those minmaxers with wizinfo. Not to mention those with access to wiz capacity. Seems more than enough do, to stop pretending and make the game at least easier for the rest. It will never be equal terms anyway.

Nothing in the game is a secret anymore. Embrace this, especially for the youngsters who may actually appreciate it, and make their initial foray into guilds a bit more enjoyable.

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 09 Jul 2015 12:34

Manglor wrote:
Laurel wrote:I never got how that is fair towards newbies, especially compared to all those minmaxers with wizinfo. Not to mention those with access to wiz capacity. Seems more than enough do, to stop pretending and make the game at least easier for the rest. It will never be equal terms anyway.

Nothing in the game is a secret anymore. Embrace this, especially for the youngsters who may actually appreciate it, and make their initial foray into guilds a bit more enjoyable.
Indeed.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 10 Jul 2015 02:02

Yeah we have a forum rule saying "don't share guild abilities", we usually don't bother with that when it comes to simple stuff like special attacks for common guilds, since as you say most of that stuff is common knowledge anyway. However spells and their ingredients are NOT common knowledge. And if you know all guilds spells and ingredients you have either recently been in all spellcaster guilds, or you're an admin, or you got access to up to date source code some other way. I seriously doubt many players have this kind of knowledge and I like that there are things in guilds that you actually have to be a member to find out.

A lot of new players join the Academy and learn how spellcasting in Genesis works and which components are needed in a very very well coded step by step learning process. I think most players will find that much more enjoyable than just looking up on a webpage and learning everything they need right away. In the spellcaster guilds I have been a member of I always thought it was fun NOT knowing what the next spell you were gonna get was. Had I had access to a list of all spells, uses and ingredients I think it would have made the whole process much more boring to me, and made it less fun to reach the next rank/level/etc.

And if someone wants to help academy members with components and don't know what to get, why not just ask one what they need...? And they'll tell you if they want to. If they even need help. Don't assume all newbies even _wants_ help, a lot of them are doing very well on their own and learning as they go.

Actually, I think those with tons of wizinfo and stolen code on their computers are the losers here in the end. Sure they might have an "edge" in some cases by knowing exactly how stuff works, meaning they get slightly better XP/hour rate than some others, but are we sure they're having more FUN than a greenhorne who just managed to find her first spell component on her own? The feeling of accomplishment is what games generally rely on. Just posting the entire source code on the website would make the game fair, sure, but would it make it more fun? I doubt it.

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 11 Jul 2015 09:45

Cherek wrote: spells and their ingredients are NOT common knowledge.
Hopeless. Years go by, examples fly by and it's still the same hopeless bullshit.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/