View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 16 Jul 2018 10:57

Forum rules


- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.



Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
The Herlads overtaking issue 
Author Message
Rising Hero

Joined: 06 Jul 2011 22:24
Posts: 320
I would like to state my view on the Heralds overtaking and the actions
wizard Varian took to remedy the situation.

The possibility to enter Heralds of Valar by its enemies was a bug.

The bug needed to be fixed. The possibility to take over enemies guild
is not a feature but a bug.
Surely it was cool to exploit it but i would not expect the wizard to let
it go if he/she takes care of the thematical consistency of Middle Earth.

On my part I do not feel i was slighted by Varian in any way. He did
the proper thing. I might voiced my displeasure - in the game - about
Heralds weaklings who were crying, begging and asking an elfie wizard
for help as they are such weaklings themselves and could do nothing about
might of Angmarian Army - but that was just roleplaying.

I do not have any ill feelings towards Varian or his action and did not
mention the Herald thing outside the game. Not in any emails, forums,
facebook, chatting system - nowhere.

There is no problem at all.


Syrk


11 Nov 2015 00:26
Profile
Great Adventurer

Joined: 04 Mar 2010 01:25
Posts: 195
Good post.

_________________
Lawful evil - conform or die.


11 Nov 2015 15:34
Profile
Adventurer

Joined: 04 Mar 2010 11:55
Posts: 83
It was rather amusing to see you in the Heralds and I had a good laugh about it, thanks!


12 Nov 2015 06:04
Profile
Rising Hero
User avatar

Joined: 16 Nov 2014 23:10
Posts: 320
It Just shows even the gods aren´t infallible...

But when they fail, they fix it and pretends it was never possible in the first place :-)


12 Nov 2015 09:26
Profile
Rising Hero
User avatar

Joined: 09 Mar 2012 22:04
Posts: 307
Location: Reseda
from a ooc stand point, It gave us a cool few days of rp in our ME guilds. and some cool posts to read in general. And it did uncover a bug that may have been exploited in a far worse way had it not been handled so ICly and dramatically. Also this is not the first time a good aligned shire guild managed to get a "questionable" member. Ive heard stories of a goblin becoming a guardian of the shire way way back when the donut was young. Also kudos to a quick fix by the middle earth wizard(s).

_________________
Image


30 Nov 2015 10:26
Profile ICQ YIM
Titan
User avatar

Joined: 05 Mar 2010 01:05
Posts: 499
Snowrose wrote:
Also this is not the first time a good aligned shire guild managed to get a "questionable" member. Ive heard stories of a goblin becoming a guardian of the shire way way back when the donut was young. Also kudos to a quick fix by the middle earth wizard(s).


Rangers once had a member join Angmar shortly after it was coded, was killing the shopkeeper in the ROG guildhall.

_________________
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die."
-Mel Brooks


01 Dec 2015 04:30
Profile YIM
Titan
User avatar

Joined: 10 Mar 2010 05:52
Posts: 451
Location: Denmark
Mersereau wrote:
Snowrose wrote:
Also this is not the first time a good aligned shire guild managed to get a "questionable" member. Ive heard stories of a goblin becoming a guardian of the shire way way back when the donut was young. Also kudos to a quick fix by the middle earth wizard(s).


Rangers once had a member join Angmar shortly after it was coded, was killing the shopkeeper in the ROG guildhall.



Bandit, me and a few others kept raiding the RoG guild hall in the olden days, killing all NPC's there. Ellessar finally closed the guild down for evil aligned players, so we no longer could raid the guild hall.

_________________
Angmar! ANGMAR!! ANGMAR!!!
Pulp Znuga! PULP!!!!


08 Dec 2015 11:40
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: 04 Mar 2010 01:14
Posts: 285
Avatar wrote:
Bandit, me and a few others kept raiding the RoG guild hall in the olden days, killing all NPC's there. Ellessar finally closed the guild down for evil aligned players, so we no longer could raid the guild hall.


The guild hall attack prevention code which has been implemented all over the game is one of the worst fun-destroying changes we've done.
A more balanced approach could have been implemented.


08 Dec 2015 14:18
Profile
Myth

Joined: 06 Mar 2012 00:14
Posts: 1571
cotillion wrote:
Avatar wrote:
Bandit, me and a few others kept raiding the RoG guild hall in the olden days, killing all NPC's there. Ellessar finally closed the guild down for evil aligned players, so we no longer could raid the guild hall.


The guild hall attack prevention code which has been implemented all over the game is one of the worst fun-destroying changes we've done.
A more balanced approach could have been implemented.


Indeed, raiding guildhalls would have been awesome


08 Dec 2015 15:32
Profile
Titan
User avatar

Joined: 10 Mar 2010 05:52
Posts: 451
Location: Denmark
cotillion wrote:
Avatar wrote:
Bandit, me and a few others kept raiding the RoG guild hall in the olden days, killing all NPC's there. Ellessar finally closed the guild down for evil aligned players, so we no longer could raid the guild hall.


The guild hall attack prevention code which has been implemented all over the game is one of the worst fun-destroying changes we've done.
A more balanced approach could have been implemented.


That we agree on :)

_________________
Angmar! ANGMAR!! ANGMAR!!!
Pulp Znuga! PULP!!!!


08 Dec 2015 16:46
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software.