The Herlads overtaking issue

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Syrk
Rising Hero

The Herlads overtaking issue

Post by Syrk » 11 Nov 2015 00:26

I would like to state my view on the Heralds overtaking and the actions
wizard Varian took to remedy the situation.

The possibility to enter Heralds of Valar by its enemies was a bug.

The bug needed to be fixed. The possibility to take over enemies guild
is not a feature but a bug.
Surely it was cool to exploit it but i would not expect the wizard to let
it go if he/she takes care of the thematical consistency of Middle Earth.

On my part I do not feel i was slighted by Varian in any way. He did
the proper thing. I might voiced my displeasure - in the game - about
Heralds weaklings who were crying, begging and asking an elfie wizard
for help as they are such weaklings themselves and could do nothing about
might of Angmarian Army - but that was just roleplaying.

I do not have any ill feelings towards Varian or his action and did not
mention the Herald thing outside the game. Not in any emails, forums,
facebook, chatting system - nowhere.

There is no problem at all.

Syrk

Hektor
Veteran

Re: The Herlads overtaking issue

Post by Hektor » 11 Nov 2015 15:34

Good post.
Lawful evil - conform or die.

Tharandil
Adventurer

Post by Tharandil » 12 Nov 2015 06:04

It was rather amusing to see you in the Heralds and I had a good laugh about it, thanks!

Alisa
Hero

Post by Alisa » 12 Nov 2015 09:26

It Just shows even the gods aren´t infallible...

But when they fail, they fix it and pretends it was never possible in the first place :-)

Snowrose
Rising Hero

Post by Snowrose » 30 Nov 2015 10:26

from a ooc stand point, It gave us a cool few days of rp in our ME guilds. and some cool posts to read in general. And it did uncover a bug that may have been exploited in a far worse way had it not been handled so ICly and dramatically. Also this is not the first time a good aligned shire guild managed to get a "questionable" member. Ive heard stories of a goblin becoming a guardian of the shire way way back when the donut was young. Also kudos to a quick fix by the middle earth wizard(s).

Mersereau
Champion

Post by Mersereau » 01 Dec 2015 04:30

Snowrose wrote:Also this is not the first time a good aligned shire guild managed to get a "questionable" member. Ive heard stories of a goblin becoming a guardian of the shire way way back when the donut was young. Also kudos to a quick fix by the middle earth wizard(s).
Rangers once had a member join Angmar shortly after it was coded, was killing the shopkeeper in the ROG guildhall.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die."
-Mel Brooks

Titan

Post by Avatar » 08 Dec 2015 11:40

Mersereau wrote:
Snowrose wrote:Also this is not the first time a good aligned shire guild managed to get a "questionable" member. Ive heard stories of a goblin becoming a guardian of the shire way way back when the donut was young. Also kudos to a quick fix by the middle earth wizard(s).
Rangers once had a member join Angmar shortly after it was coded, was killing the shopkeeper in the ROG guildhall.

Bandit, me and a few others kept raiding the RoG guild hall in the olden days, killing all NPC's there. Ellessar finally closed the guild down for evil aligned players, so we no longer could raid the guild hall.
Angmar! ANGMAR!! ANGMAR!!!
Pulp Znuga! PULP!!!!

cotillion
Site Admin

Post by cotillion » 08 Dec 2015 14:18

Avatar wrote: Bandit, me and a few others kept raiding the RoG guild hall in the olden days, killing all NPC's there. Ellessar finally closed the guild down for evil aligned players, so we no longer could raid the guild hall.
The guild hall attack prevention code which has been implemented all over the game is one of the worst fun-destroying changes we've done.
A more balanced approach could have been implemented.

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 08 Dec 2015 15:32

cotillion wrote:
Avatar wrote: Bandit, me and a few others kept raiding the RoG guild hall in the olden days, killing all NPC's there. Ellessar finally closed the guild down for evil aligned players, so we no longer could raid the guild hall.
The guild hall attack prevention code which has been implemented all over the game is one of the worst fun-destroying changes we've done.
Indeed, raiding guildhalls would have been awesome

Titan

Post by Avatar » 08 Dec 2015 16:46

cotillion wrote:
That we agree on :)
Angmar! ANGMAR!! ANGMAR!!!
Pulp Znuga! PULP!!!!

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/