How about putting it into the open to discuss instead?

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Laurel

Re: How about putting it into the open to discuss instead?

Post by Laurel » 10 Dec 2015 18:41

Cherek wrote:You misunderstand.
Maybe - that's why I suggested to put it into the open instead.
Cherek wrote:The intention was not to catch players and then punish them for botting. Not at all. The idea was to prevent them from botting in the first place. So no punishments are needed. I don't like punishing anyone. If we keep people from breaking a rule it's much better than waiting for them to break it and then punish them I think. So nobody broke the rules yesterday, and nobody was punished.
Ok - achieved. I still think a carrot would work better.

Yes - my few lines about control and self-combat were a stick, but at least a different one than the same number challenges but packed differently. They'd not need you comming down and talking with an angry Irk for an hour. The issue would auto-solve. Whenever any solution requires the intervention of a protein-based-agent it's prone to be flawed.

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 10 Dec 2015 18:42

So a carrot for all of yous cheating idiot friends? :)

How about.. no?
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Egwene
Beginner

Post by Egwene » 10 Dec 2015 18:43

Laurel wrote: Ok - achieved. I still think a carrot would work better.
I still think its ridiculous that we need an incentive to play the game according to the rules. the incentive for following the rules is not getting punished because you didn't follow them...

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 10 Dec 2015 19:11

Egwene wrote:I still think its ridiculous that we need an incentive to play the game
A game that does not incentivize any of it's players' types in any way is dead.

Egwene
Beginner

Post by Egwene » 10 Dec 2015 19:14

Laurel wrote:A game that does not incentivize any of it's players' types in any way is dead.
You're incentivized by the fact that you gain exp/items/money when you kill stuff. thats the whole point. you're asking for additional incentives for doing what you're already supposed to be doing. When, in fact, most people don't have a problem with the current incentives. Just you.

Ody
Hero

Post by Ody » 10 Dec 2015 19:16

Here's a thought. Why not forcefully log out anyone botting like you do when you idle too long?

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 10 Dec 2015 19:21

Laurel wrote:
Egwene wrote:I still think its ridiculous that we need an incentive to play the game
A game that does not incentivize any of it's players' types in any way is dead.

So... Bye? :?
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 10 Dec 2015 19:41

Egwene wrote:
Laurel wrote:A game that does not incentivize any of it's players' types in any way is dead.
You're incentivized by the fact that you gain exp/items/money when you kill stuff. thats the whole point. you're asking for additional incentives for doing what you're already supposed to be doing. When, in fact, most people don't have a problem with the current incentives. Just you.
I do? I just ask times and times again to tackle the issue people seem to have (I don't - I think the game is harmed in a multitude of different way much more severely by players and wizards) with "botting" in a positive way instead of another number game with wizard's personal decision involvement.
Ody wrote:Here's a thought. Why not forcefully log out anyone botting like you do when you idle too long?
Is that even in game anymore?

Jar
Apprentice

Post by Jar » 10 Dec 2015 20:28

Amberlee wrote: Jar joins the team.
Jar says "I will be silent for a while"
This is the only truth you wrote. Yes, I said this once.
And I meant to be not talkative rather then afk.
Amberlee wrote: Jar never returns and is dropped off in sparkle church when team disbands.
4-6 hours of teaming there..
And this is complete lie. I was talking a lot just from joining, mostly with Bonk, for several hours.
Also I was talking probably more then your character did...
Those interested can always ask Bonk for confirmation.
Amberlee wrote: This is from having experienced teams with Jar.
And this is interesting part - I never teamed with Amberlee... Now I understand more.

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 10 Dec 2015 20:42

haha.
The fact that you dont think you teamed with Amberlee sort of proves my point :)

And for a quick edit.
We didnt team and I talked less than you did in the team.
Hmmm...

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/