How about putting it into the open to discuss instead?

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Draugor
Myth

Re: How about putting it into the open to discuss instead?

Post by Draugor » 11 Dec 2015 17:44

Cherek, they where under botting somehow, not exactly what the logic was atm but its something about "you didnt do it yourself" :P
Those triggers make botting easy as hell tho and should be illegal

Alisa
Hero

Post by Alisa » 11 Dec 2015 17:51

Draugor wrote:
Laurel wrote:
Weren't "ask triggers" considered rule breaking and punishable???

Used to be, should still be, should be very illegal since they make it very very easy for bots
I could easily make a trigger that does what someone tells me also, that should be flagged same as ask. Or reacting to when he taps his foot, blows his nose or swears.

Asks makes it easier for bots, but when you talk of bots you talk of people who have made all the follow triggers needed, all the combat aids, recasting strength with the egg or anything like that.
I can´t see it will have any huge effect. I am willing to accept i might be wrong though.

I guess it would strain the machine a bit(don´t know if it would do anything) if every spoken, asked, whispered, free emoted command would have a 1 sec check to repeat, and take into consideration things like keyphrases first, last, in between or such. Not to mention the bots knowing each others aliases so asking dpack makes someone get all from pack, give unworn imbued weapons to blabla, give unwielded imbued armours to blabla, kiss gem, throw up :-)

seems like too much effort in relations with effect.

By setting a trigger I choose that Alisa will react like that when it happens. I type okay, but i tend to have trouble reading the scrolling text which is why i like triggers. That is of course also affecting my opinion here, as i would like to play the game on the grounds i find reasonable.
I like the game relaxed, and not so gung-ho about all.

/edit Well, other answers too :-)

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 11 Dec 2015 19:29

Agreed :o problem is those triggers are alot harder to monitor, cause when I get attacked I use the special attacks commands I have, but the pure ask triggers can make you do some very advanced stuff

cotillion
Site Admin

Post by cotillion » 11 Dec 2015 19:45

I don't get how people dare to use ask triggers unless they have very long whitelists..

> ask bot commune stern I heard you have a pill for me!
> ask bot password

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 11 Dec 2015 19:48

cotillion wrote:I don't get how people dare to use ask triggers unless they have very long whitelists..

> ask bot password

They usually have some sort of keyword in the ask command.

ask cotillion idbehold assist
ask cotillion idbehold climb rock

et cetra :)
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 11 Dec 2015 19:51

cotillion wrote:I don't get how people dare to use ask triggers unless they have very long whitelists..

> ask bot password

"ask bot drop all"
Actually worked on a team once, years ago :D

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 11 Dec 2015 20:20

For me an "ask trigger" is simple commands, like "ask cherek kill second troll" for example. I don't think too many use commands that completely control you, since as Cot suggested it's just too dangerous. And those who try it probably end up deciding against it efter someone else has used it to control them.:)

Last time we discussed this I think most agreed that such triggers were really only bad if used to control _unattended_ team members, and that's already defined in the rules as illegal. Having such triggers to help you follow your leader in places where it's a mess to follow, or to sharpen your weapons when you use a smith, or similar, is probably something almost all players use? It's really not much different than a normal assist trigger in my opinion.

Now if you start using it to control someone completely, it of course invites that person to leave the computer... so in that matter one might say that allowing such triggers at all could encourage botting. So there's that. But controlling an AFK character when grinding, either automated or by a team leader _is_ already illegal anyway, regardless of how you do it, so I kind of feel the bad type of "ask triggers" is already covered by the rules?

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 11 Dec 2015 20:44

Cherek wrote:For me an "ask trigger" is simple commands, like "ask cherek kill second troll" for example. I don't think too many use commands that completely control you, since as Cot suggested it's just too dangerous. And those who try it probably end up deciding against it efter someone else has used it to control them.:)

Last time we discussed this I think most agreed that such triggers were really only bad if used to control _unattended_ team members, and that's already defined in the rules as illegal. Having such triggers to help you follow your leader in places where it's a mess to follow, or to sharpen your weapons when you use a smith, or similar, is probably something almost all players use? It's really not much different than a normal assist trigger in my opinion.

Now if you start using it to control someone completely, it of course invites that person to leave the computer... so in that matter one might say that allowing such triggers at all could encourage botting. So there's that. But controlling an AFK character when grinding, either automated or by a team leader _is_ already illegal anyway, regardless of how you do it, so I kind of feel the bad type of "ask triggers" is already covered by the rules?

Its actually easy to make them safe

Just add "asks you utyr kill goat" only the ones that know the first command will be able to get him to do anything

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 11 Dec 2015 21:28

Draugor: True.

Zestana
Expert

Post by Zestana » 12 Dec 2015 18:12

Draugor wrote:

> ask bot password

"ask bot drop all"
Actually worked on a team once, years ago :D
"ask poet Chade asks you: drop all"
"ask totty Poet asks you: drop all"
"ask chade Poet asks you: drop all"
"ask chade Totty asks you: drop all"

Quite a good week of gear that was. Still can't believe it worked 4 times before they fixed it.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/