What does the future hold?

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Titan

What does the future hold?

Post by Avatar » 13 Dec 2015 00:15

Tonight, I will be posting the following on the board, within the guild of Angmar. I post it here as well, as I really think it is a thing that should be known, outside the walls of the guild, so as to avoid false rumours and stories to surface at a later time. It is also a topic I think should be discussed in public, as it could be an issue for others guilds as well, in the future.

Greetings fellow soldiers,

As you all know, changes happened to the guild, not long ago,
when the captain position was changed into a permanent one,
and I was given the privilege of holding it.

When I was given this position, I accepted it, with the
intention of bringing much needed changes to this guild. Changes
that would ensure stability and a better flow around here.

A wizard, from outside this domain, offered to code it all, as
he coded the changes to the Captain position, something I will
be eternally grateful to him for. I wrote a document, outlining
my ideas for what changes I would like to see for this guild.

They were, generally accepted by Varian and Eowul, on the
condition that a failsafe was added as well.

A failsafe that would make sure the leadership of this army, never
would be able to take the guild hostage. Something both I, and
the wizard, that were to code it all, agreed with. I even offered
a solution for it in my document. A solution that was rejected,
as a solution, thought up by Varian were the preferred one, for him
and Eowul.

The solution they want, is one that neither me, nor the other
wizard, can get behind, as it does not fit the army, nor would
it bring stability to the army. We have offered various versions
of the failsafe since then. All have been denied, as they insist
on having their version implemented.

We even asked for my changes to be implemented now, and the
failsafe to be implemented afterwards, thus giving us time to
find a version of it, that would work, and fit this guild. That
has been denied as well, by Varian and Eowul.

Naturally the other wizard has withdrawn his offer to code anything
as things stand now, thus leaving this guild in a state where I, as
Captain, have no real power. I have no way of enforcing the rules
or anything else around here, as the voting system is bugged, which
became evident when the vote to kick Berwyn from this army went down
the drain, despite it being a resounding YES for that to happen. The
only response I received after asking for someone to look into it, was
to call another vote.

I can do so on again, on the 16th of december, and it will likely bug
out once again. It is a mockery of the leadership and this guild.

Berwyn is to be kicked from the guild, after he put a whip to an
officer in the army, several times. I ordered the officer, who has
now left the army, for obvious reasons, to kill Berwyn for his
transgressions, which he did. In return, he was given an automatic
ban from using his smash, for a month. I asked the powers that be, for
this ban to be lifted, as there was a solid RP reason for what was done,
and that has been refused as well.

As it is now, I hold a fancy title, with no substance behind it. I am
a Captain in an amputated guild, and have been informed today, that we
can hope for changes to happen in a year, or two, at the earliest. as things
stand now.

This coming summer, I reach my 25th year in these realms, and I am
tired. Tired and burned out. I have no more fight left in me.

This is the promised update on affairs in the guild. I am sorry, it is
not what was expected, nor is it what I had planned and hoped for. But it
is what it is.

It has been a privilege to have served in this army for so many years,
and I am PROUD to call myself a brother in arms, to you people. I know
not yet, what my next move will be. I am an Angmarim, born and bred.

I cannot see myself anywhere else, and I cannot serve in an army that
is in ruins. The strings that hold this place together are old and outdated,
and none to fix it, as long as things stand the way they do now.

My only other option, the way I see it, is to bow out, and retire myself
completely. Maybe it is time. I know not. Time will tell.

Should I depart this guild, or these realms, I will leave my position,
so that an election will be called, for the Captaincy.

Angmar! ANGMAR!! ANGMAR!!!

Avatar Ligonier, Hand of the Witch-King and Captain of the Angmarim Forces
Pulp Znuga! PULP!!!!

Laurel

Re: What does the future hold?

Post by Laurel » 13 Dec 2015 02:16

From my experience I have only bad things to say about Eowul's actions. I'm sorry both major ME guilds are treated bad by wizards.

kirsach
Wanderer

Post by kirsach » 13 Dec 2015 02:44

And are there any Krynn guilds "treated not bad by wizards" ?
In fact I can see only two melee and two magic guilds treat good by wizards (and one melee dont touched but very difficult to join by new members as well).

Alisa
Hero

Post by Alisa » 13 Dec 2015 11:10

Are discarding all the other changes worth not getting the failsafe Eowul and Varian want?

I mean, considering that your system doesn´t work at all now, from what you state here.

I know it must be a really bitter pill to swallow, otherwise this post wouldn´t be here.

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 13 Dec 2015 11:35

Alisa wrote:Are discarding all the other changes worth not getting the failsafe Eowul and Varian want?

I mean, considering that your system doesn´t work at all now, from what you state here.

I know it must be a really bitter pill to swallow, otherwise this post wouldn´t be here.

THey want a failsafe so that members can revolt and this remove every notion of stability that Avatar wants to install, wich is idiotic -.-
Avatar already has a failsafe for guildleader inactivity planned

Titan

Post by Avatar » 13 Dec 2015 12:05

Alisa wrote:Are discarding all the other changes worth not getting the failsafe Eowul and Varian want?

Well, their idea of a failsafe is a mutiny system, where an NPC will come around once a month, asking every member if they are happy with their guild leadership. If enough says no, an election is called. We all know how hum,an nature works, which means people will say yes, just fgor the hell of doing so, thus throwing the guild into elections time and again. This will create instability. Something the guild really needs to move AWAY from.

We, meaning the coder and I, have offered ideas for changes to their version of the mutiny, meaning that only officers can summon the NPC, and that only guild members of a certain guild age, and rack, can actually 'vote' when the NPC comes around, thus eliminating the possibility that people create small characters to join the guild with, to force elections and rig them.

Another issue is that they DEMAND that the mutiny is implemented before the other changes. The other changes are ESSENTIAL for the guild actually function, which is why the coder and I, want the other changes to be implemented now, and the fail safe added afterwards, so that the wizard coding it, can actually do it properly.
Last edited by Avatar on 13 Dec 2015 15:00, edited 1 time in total.
Pulp Znuga! PULP!!!!

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 13 Dec 2015 12:49

Well, their idea of a failsafe is a mutiny system, where an NPC will come around once a month, asking every member if they are happy with their guild leadership. If enough says no, an election is called. We all know how hum,an nature works, which means people will say yes, just fgor the hell of doing so, thus throwing the guild into elections time and again. This will create instability. SOmething the guild really needs to move AWAY from.

We have offered ideas for changes to their version of the mutiny, meaning that only officers can summon the NPC, and that only guild members of a certain guild age, and rack, can actually 'vote' when the NPC comes around, thus eliminating the possibility that people create small characters to join the guild with, to force elections and rig them.

ANother issue is that they DEMAND that the mutiny is implemented before the other changes. The other changes are ESSENTIAL for the guild actually function, which is why we want the other changes to be implemented now, and the fail safe added afterwards, so that the wizard coding it, can actually do it properly.
Wizards don't seem to get, that there is plenty enough disruptive people playing this game, who don't mind to create numerous alts to take over guilds based on votes and elections because they can. Because they don't care for RP, the guild, the theme, the players who put years of their efforts in said guilds. This is my perception, because I don't want to take it further, where wizards do it for the benefit of said disruptive individuals.
Last edited by Laurel on 13 Dec 2015 12:57, edited 1 time in total.

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 13 Dec 2015 12:52

I can't believe this, but I agree with Laurel here.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Alisa
Hero

Post by Alisa » 13 Dec 2015 13:58

well...

I hear you saying its a shitty solution, and i can see your arguments against it. You just got the stability of a steady title instead of it bouncing around now.

Laurel, you´re making sense! Keep it up :-) (sorry, couldn´t resist a poke here)

Basically i think all vote/whatever failsafes to change guild leadership should be like the ogres skull collection... It wont work untill you logged a certain amount of hours and done a certain amount of things(xp,kills,head ripped, donating flowers to gentle people?)

//EDIT : Well, i misunderstod Avatar :-) Not him holding back.
Last edited by Alisa on 13 Dec 2015 15:00, edited 1 time in total.

Titan

Post by Avatar » 13 Dec 2015 14:45

Alisa wrote:well...

Your actions already answered my question, you don´t think the guildchanges are worth getting a more unstable design of leadership.
I was just poking you to think on it again.

My actions mean nothing in this proces, as I have no power. Seems a modified version of the mutiny solution can be agreed on, but it all gets stuck when it comes to agreeing on whether it should be implemented before the other changes, or after the other changes.

This whole argument is happening between the coding wizard and Varian. I am fully behind the coding wizard in this, but my opinion really doesnt matter, as I am not the one who is to spend the time coding it all.
Pulp Znuga! PULP!!!!

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/