Laurel on definition of harassment

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Draugor
Myth

Re: Laurel on definition of harassment

Post by Draugor » 27 Dec 2015 17:50

I am alittle unnerved that Zestana had to add "In years" O_O

Mystina

Post by Mystina » 28 Dec 2015 05:59

Ody wrote:We already have harassment rules. They can be read any time in game <help rules>. Why clutter the web site with a list of what defines harassment? What we have works and it's worked for years.

It's unprofessional to have a Mud site send not list the rules, not everyone reads in-game help files.

Every mud I played has the game rules on the site, and in some cases part of the game where hour read it and agree be for you make a character.

Heck I don't know all the rules as a newbie because all the help in game help files are overwhelming.

Having a subsection for rules would help ease that, I'm speaking as a newbie, because I'm new to the game.

Adding rules isn't clutter.. it should be on there from the get go, as rules are important, how are clearing putting the rules up seen as clutter but a list of guilds isn't??

I'm not trying to be argumentative, I just as a gamer and MUD player don't understand why it would be clutter or even an issue.

Mystina

Post by Mystina » 28 Dec 2015 06:01

Zestana wrote:
Mystina wrote:What I think should happen us the people who currently run the game, need to come up and agree on 2 sets of rules

Rp laws

And non rp harassment rules

Post both on the web site with discipline action for both.

And the people who run the game need to follow them to the letter to set an example for everyone.

The rules in question should be basic enough to understand, broad enough to encompass alot, but narrow enough to follow and follow through with action.
I don't think there has been a case of sexual harassment in years in Genesis. This conversation comes down to what defines and what does not define griefing a player to a certain point.

I was saying harassment as everything from, being cyber stalked to griefed.

gold bezie
Expert

Post by gold bezie » 28 Dec 2015 14:53

Ody wrote:We already have harassment rules. They can be read any time in game <help rules>. Why clutter the web site with a list of what defines harassment? What we have works and it's worked for years.
I agree with ody here, but i do want to add that it would be better if the guide https://www.genesismud.org/guide.html would tell a little bit more info on what the right syntaxes are for new players on how to find the necessary info.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that.

Mystina

Post by Mystina » 28 Dec 2015 16:08

Please explain how a rule tab is clutter???

I just don't get it even mmorpg high end guild websites have a rule tab.... 0_0;

And those are Way strict.......

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 28 Dec 2015 19:33

Indeed. The question remains "worked in whose favour", but that's perception I guess.

Mystina

Post by Mystina » 30 Dec 2015 12:53

Laurel wrote:
Indeed. The question remains "worked in whose favour", but that's perception I guess.
It would benefit new players like myself to have it on a site that is easy to read

Right now checking in game you're subjected to having to possible read it on a small tablet screen like myself, or have to try to read it between the ntell, and mob/player spam of coming and going. It can make it hard to read if you are trying to read rules and have this

Rule rule
Newbie I need help
Rule rule
Johnson leaves east
Janedo enters from the west
Kappa and his team arrive from the west
Donko enters from west assisting kappa
Rule rule
Mayfield enters from assisting kappa
Onizuka enter from west assisting kappa
Mob x arrives
Mob x arrives
Mob x arrives
Newbie what do you need help with
Newbie I'm lost in the farmers crops
Rule rule
Newbie go south check map
Rule rule

That pretty much what happen to me when I tried to read the rule, this might seem irrelevant
But I do gave Add and aspergers, and it can be heard to only read help texts in game. A lot of ppl come and go and ntell can get spammy with help. Would help me and others like me better understand the rules and not unintentionally break them ad ignorance isn't an excuse.

Kitriana
Champion

Post by Kitriana » 30 Dec 2015 13:10

I do agree with you that it should be somewhere on the website.

But just to help you out in the meantime .. you know you can remove your pin temporarily if you want quiet from the ntell line.
So you could pick a quiet spot, remove the pin .. and read at your pleasure.
If something I wrote sounds confusing ... assume you misunderstood it.

Mystina

Post by Mystina » 30 Dec 2015 14:26

Ya I will, where is a good quit spot in sparkle?? The library??

I love this MUD I don't want to see anything bad happen, or have my character deleted for something I wanted aware of.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 30 Dec 2015 14:48

Mystina: In order to make sure our rules are up to date I believe it's best to have ONE document, but of course we could make it so the website reads the in-game rule files and shows them on the website as well. Although you must realize this is not a commercial game with a paid staff, in Genesis any work on the game is made by volunteers on their spare time. There are a lot of things that could be added to the website, and a lot of things I would like to see there as well, but the simple simple fact is that we currently have nobody actively working on the website.

That does not mean you can't suggest ideas and changes etc, I am just explaining this so you know how things work, and why sometimes things people suggest are not implemented, even it it's a good idea. It's not because we don't want to, it's simply because there's nobody who's volunteered to work on it. If someone wanted to add the rules to our website, I would definitely not be opposed to it. Until that happens, I believe finding a quiet spot to read them is the best way. The library sound like a good place. Or the second floor of the inn. Or the common board room in the Tower of Realms. Or just somewhere outside Sparkle. There's plenty of quiet spots around Sparkle.

As for deletion of characters or punishments, I do not think you need to worry too much. For most violations, you usually receive a warning first. But find a quiet spot and reading through our rules is of course still a very good idea.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/