Laurel on definition of harassment

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Mystina

Re: Laurel on definition of harassment

Post by Mystina » 30 Dec 2015 22:17

I understand all MUD are typically player ran. I'm just shocked cuz for a lot of people the website is they first thing they see, and it would benefit the game 10fold to have rules, may emote list this MUD has a ton of cool things that would do wonders of they were promotes. I took tine to read the rules and a good bit of the help files and I was just in awe of everything you can do.

Some stuff genesis has makes most graphical mmo look out of date.

If I had a PC id volunteer, I have a high school degree in graphic arts which includes web design.

I wouldn't need money either is just do it to help promote is awesome mud.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 31 Dec 2015 04:52

Mystina wrote: Some stuff genesis has makes most graphical mmo look out of date.
I agree! We just need to let more people know of it.

And I agree with everything about the webpage. Some year ago I redesigned the look of the webpage to look more modern and easy to navigate, and focused on doing something that looked interesting, that would make people interested enough to hit "play now". But content-wise there's only the bare minimum there really. I'd like to have more quest help, a big nice looking atlas, more info about domains and guilds and all sorts of stuff. But more content also means more stuff to update, which was an issue with our old page, where content was not up to date and links broken etc. And to really be able to update it we would need it built around a CMS system. Now it's just basic HTML.

So I definitely agree a lot more could be done about it to help draw in more players, but to expand the webpage we need someone responsible for it, and currently our "Arch of Web" position is empty. I think I am the closest thing to a web designer we got right now, but I handle a lot of other stuff too, and I am more of a Photoshop person, I can only do basic web programming. So well... anyone is free to apply to become a wizard (developer), or help out in any other way, be that with web design or game design, or promotion in general.

Mystina

Post by Mystina » 31 Dec 2015 15:07

Try guildsworks.com
There are a there ton of website making sites, and there is a lot you can with guildworks tons of top end guilds mmo use it. And had a lot of stuff and ease of webmaking

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 02 Jan 2016 05:49

I decided to split this topic and move the last bunch of posts to the flames section where they belong. It's fine to disagree on the forums, but if we have to resort to insults, let's do it in the flame section, not in the other parts of the forums. That's why we have the flames section after all.

You can find the flame-thread here:
https://www.genesismud.org/forums/viewt ... f=9&t=3372

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 02 Jan 2016 05:55

Mystina wrote:Try guildsworks.com
There are a there ton of website making sites, and there is a lot you can with guildworks tons of top end guilds mmo use it. And had a lot of stuff and ease of webmaking
Thanks for the suggestion. Although I feel pretty happy with our current hosting of the webpage. And we basically have a CMS system setup, but not completely, so we're not using it. Yet. But we really got all the tools we need, the only thing we lack right now is someone with time and skill to work on it, add new content, and keep it updated etc. But that's how it is in a game like Genesis. There's always stuff that could be improved in-game and out of the game, and sometimes people come a long who are motivated and skilled enough to make it happen. Should you be interested to help out at some point later on, when you do have PC, and have played Genesis for a while (we require a certain in-game age and knowledge about the game), you're welcome to apply to become a developer, just like everyone else is.

Now, to try to steer this topic back on track to a harassment rules discussion, sure it would absolutely make sense to have them on the webpage, and I would not be against it. I personally do not feel it's a super-high priority though, since most players seem to be content as it is. They are after all easily accessible in the game, and I can not actually remember a case where someone has broken a serious rule because they did not know about it.

Mystina

Post by Mystina » 02 Jan 2016 12:56

Ok, in was just giving my opinion on it.

I've been harassed in games before and the first time I was playing wow with in 5 min of playing I was called some pretty nasty stuff. I then took it to the forums to ask how to report it, people told me to get a thicker skin, I then said what was called a d found myself on a 72 hr temp ban from the game bad its forum

That's something I wish not to repeat. Which is why I'm passionate about it. Pretty much I don't want that to happen to me or others. Sure long time players have no issue, but not all new players may know.

In this day and age, you can never be too careful.

Syrk
Rising Hero

Post by Syrk » 02 Jan 2016 14:31

Mystina wrote:I've been harassed in games before
Move this to flame's section.
Playing a victim is also a form of harassment.

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 02 Jan 2016 16:12

Syrk wrote:

Dude... why the hatred? :P Heres a shovel for the sand O_O

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 02 Jan 2016 17:08

Syrk wrote:
Mystina shared her experiences from other games and harassment. Who are you to say if it was real or not? I don't know what you're doing or why Syrk, but you're definitely not providing anything useful to this thread. I will delete any further pointless or silly comments from you, and if you keep it up you will be suspended from posting at all.

Syrk
Rising Hero

Post by Syrk » 02 Jan 2016 18:10

Featuring me as a harasser and Mystina as a victim is harrassment.
You and Mystina play along on this one.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/