What does the future hold?

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Ody
Hero

Re: What does the future hold?

Post by Ody » 13 Dec 2015 19:19

Why not do what the glads do? They have a nice system.

kirsach
Wanderer

Post by kirsach » 13 Dec 2015 19:46

Ody wrote:Why not do what the glads do? They have a nice system.
What do you mean? And how it can be compared to Angmar Army?

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 13 Dec 2015 20:20

Ody wrote:Why not do what the glads do? They have a nice system.

The system proposed by Avatar is quite enough to ensure the guild doesent break down

Syrk
Rising Hero

Post by Syrk » 13 Dec 2015 21:10

It must be so that the elfie wizard is an agent of the dreadful
forces of the West and actively working to keep Army in dissaray
and to prevent it from retrieving its rightful standing and power.

I am too wary of individuals or small groups of them who would
vily take over a guild, subjugate it and coerce to serve their
private purposes thanks to possessing powers to deal swiftly
with all opponents within the guild.

A while ago I fought a lost battle in a guild like that
and wish for no other to suffer the same fate.

A system to prevent it is necessary.

Still the Captain of Angmarian forces earned right for a short
time of respite and trust, so he can mend things, and discipline
and nurture troops into a proper fighting state.

Those who do not wish the Army to remain a lementable wreck
it is now, should aid Captain in the just and right task.

Syrk

Mersereau
Champion

Post by Mersereau » 14 Dec 2015 02:39

Ah, once again wizards trying to strong-arm the leadership of a guild, despite a policy of no wizard interference.

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die."
-Mel Brooks

Arman
Wizard

Post by Arman » 14 Dec 2015 04:51

Ok, just want to preface this with this being my opinion as an outsider looking in.

The Army of Angmar has been around for a long time with minimal leadership or management.. with what little there had been driven by whoever was the most powerful, and a handful of popular soldiers being able to hold a position of authority as a final judge. Chaotic? Sure... but I reckon that was one of the charms of it. There are enough evil guilds with stifling leadership structures, and there was clearly an appeal for one that wasn't.

Clearly there has been a recent change in direction for the theme of the Army that are a change from the past. Like needing to apply and fixed ranks, and a seeming allegiance to Mordor (I remember in the past AA used to be against any suggestion they were Morgul Mage lapdogs ;) ). Which is fine... the leadership of the domain have the right to make that sort of change... but it certainly wouldn't have been one i would accepted if i was liege of Gondor.

So while there is some gnashing of teeth over the decisions of Eowul and Varian, at least be thankful I am not liege and responsible for the Army. Because i'd reboot it back to what it was in the past, for all its chaotic goodness. Eowul and Varian seem more aligned towards changing the management structure to be more stable... so rather than focusing on what you aren't going to get, work with them on the changes that align with your thinking. Accept you won't get it all... it will still be a hell of a lot more control than what the guild leadership has had in the past. And again, be grateful the guild isn't under the control of this grumpy crotchety old dwarf ;).

PS Some more context - back in the days when the Army was closed down, i was one of the wizards very against its closure. I saw it left a big void for players wanting to play an evil warrior. Again, the closure was not my call. And ultimately I respected the decision of those who made it. No rage quitting or ultimatums. Instead I took the wizard who coded the Army - Milan - into my domain, and we worked towards filling that void, resulting in the creation of Sanction and the birth of the Dragonarmies... which never would have existed if the Army hadn't been closed. Now we have both :)

Moral? Be constructive in coming up with your solutions when dealing with adversity. Lay off the sniping, threats, or grandstanding. Pulp on.

AK

Titan

Post by Avatar » 14 Dec 2015 09:42

Arman wrote:Ok, just want to preface this with this being my opinion as an outsider looking in.

Clearly there has been a recent change in direction for the theme of the Army that are a change from the past. Like needing to apply and fixed ranks, and a seeming allegiance to Mordor (I remember in the past AA used to be against any suggestion they were Morgul Mage lapdogs ;) ). Which is fine... the leadership of the domain have the right to make that sort of change... but it certainly wouldn't have been one i would accepted if i was liege of Gondor.

Moral? Be constructive in coming up with your solutions when dealing with adversity. Lay off the sniping, threats, or grandstanding. Pulp on.

AK
Well, I read between the lines, and so I will respond.

Angmar is, in no way, a lapdog of anyone. We aid the Tower, if the tower aid us. At the moment, there is no collaboration between us, as the Tower failed to honor their end of the deal. Avatar serves no one. He bows to no one. Nor will Angmar, as long as he has a say in it. I have heard of people claiming me a lapdog of Morgul. It is as far from the truth, as it can be. Avatar has his reasons for doing what he did, and those reasons are no concern for you, or anyone else. ;)

As for the last line in your post. I guess that was aimed at me.

You know not the facts of what has transpired here, and thus you should refrain from assuming such things. There has been a lot of communication going on, and we're basically agreed on how things should be.

Minor detials need hammering out, and one big issue is the one blocking the entire proces from moving forward. I am not threatening anyone with anything, nor am I taking pot shots at anyone. I shared my post from the AA board, in order to start a civil dicussion on the topic, generally speaking. I have nothing against Varian, personally. I like the guy. We just disagree on something. Not an uncommon thing for people to do. That doesnt mean I dont respect him, cause I do.

So lets keep this thread from veiled attacks and whatnot, and focus on discussiing things in a mature and civil way.

On that note, I do hope others will refrain from posting things that slander wizards and other people as well. I have tremendous respect for what the wizards do for the game.
Angmar! ANGMAR!! ANGMAR!!!
Pulp Znuga! PULP!!!!

Arman
Wizard

Post by Arman » 14 Dec 2015 11:37

Avatar wrote: You know not the facts of what has transpired here, and thus you should refrain from assuming such things. There has been a lot of communication going on, and we're basically agreed on how things should be.
Will agree on that... hence my preface :).
I just don't get why you made this a public discussion (and that is an observation not a question.. no need to reply).

And the lapdog thing wasn't a shot at you... more your new title ;).

Titan

Post by Avatar » 14 Dec 2015 11:45

Arman wrote:
Avatar wrote: You know not the facts of what has transpired here, and thus you should refrain from assuming such things. There has been a lot of communication going on, and we're basically agreed on how things should be.
Will agree on that... hence my preface :).
I just don't get why you made this a public discussion (and that is an observation not a question.. no need to reply).

And the lapdog thing wasn't a shot at you... more your new title ;).
Quite a few people suggested I bring it here, and after thinking it over, I agreed that it wouldn't hurt my fight for the guild either, so I did.

Yeah, seems people are more interested in my new title than I am. Players thrown out of guilds, people calling others names, me being labelled a lot of things. All because of a title. I'm glad people get something out of my attempt at reviving Angmar.
Angmar! ANGMAR!! ANGMAR!!!
Pulp Znuga! PULP!!!!

Alisa
Hero

Post by Alisa » 14 Dec 2015 12:38

Avatar wrote: Yeah, seems people are more interested in my new title than I am. Players thrown out of guilds, people calling others names, me being labelled a lot of things. All because of a title. I'm glad people get something out of my attempt at reviving Angmar.

Nice one :-)
There is two options of interpreting that title, and i do believe you have the brains for both!

So you wont convince me it wasn´t done for DRAMA!

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/