PvP in Genesis

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Elita
Apprentice

Re: PvP in Genesis

Post by Elita » 08 Feb 2016 23:07

I encourage the fact that you guys start talking about different ways of making PvP enjoyable, but the fact
still remain that some people simply despise it, they get stressed out, anxious etc from it. And if they choose
to join a neutral guild, shouldnt they be free from PvP? unless they choose to engage in it themselves?

Kas
Legend

Post by Kas » 08 Feb 2016 23:09

Elita wrote:I encourage the fact that you guys start talking about different ways of making PvP enjoyable, but the fact
still remain that some people simply despise it, they get stressed out, anxious etc from it. And if they choose
to join a neutral guild, shouldnt they be free from PvP? unless they choose to engage in it themselves?
Not if their leaders compromise them by dragging them into a war, no. :)
Might and Glory flaming for changing dawn, ancient power revealed of an iron crown, clear and cold and shining so far and bright, crush the world in one clash of your binding light.

Gû kîbum kelkum-ishi, burzum-ishi. Akha - gûm-ishi ashi gurum!

Mersereau
Champion

Post by Mersereau » 08 Feb 2016 23:20

Four pages and no wizard response is all the answer you need.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die."
-Mel Brooks

Kitriana
Champion

Post by Kitriana » 08 Feb 2016 23:26

Mers -- to be fair .. these four pages came up all very quickly in the last hour or so.
I'd give them a day to at least catch up and respond.
If something I wrote sounds confusing ... assume you misunderstood it.

Elita
Apprentice

Post by Elita » 08 Feb 2016 23:36

See I dont agree here, if in a non-neautral guild, sure. But in a neutral guild the only ones
that should be held accountable for anything should be individuals, not the whole guild. IMO

Mersereau
Champion

Post by Mersereau » 08 Feb 2016 23:40

The point is they have no answer or are unwilling to change anything.

No, I don't have an answer anyway. The game is so horribly unbalanced on this topic it would probably require a major recode.

You can't really separate PVE vs PVP deaths, and an excellent tactic is using PVE to kill someone. How do you differentiate between the two?

When they removed the death penalty, there were all sorts of rumors that guilds were just going to wait until it was reinstated to continue hunting people. That's pretty crappy RP, especially since it involved one of the proclaimed best RPing guilds in the game.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die."
-Mel Brooks

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 09 Feb 2016 00:26

Elita wrote:
See I dont agree here, if in a non-neautral guild, sure. But in a neutral guild the only ones
that should be held accountable for anything should be individuals, not the whole guild. IMO
They were not, by decision of the leader - in this case it ended how it ended.

Kitriana
Champion

Post by Kitriana » 09 Feb 2016 00:28

Why instead of being so negative --- why doesn't everyone try to think of reasons and ways it could work.
All I hear is .. its not going to work... bad idea... you guys are stupid for thinking it can be fixed ... why bother.. don't fix it because we like the broken version we have ... the wizards don't care...

Seriously.. I've never seen a larger bunch of defeatists in my life.
If something I wrote sounds confusing ... assume you misunderstood it.

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 09 Feb 2016 00:34

Kitriana wrote:Why instead of being so negative --- why doesn't everyone try to think of reasons and ways it could work.
All I hear is .. its not going to work... bad idea... you guys are stupid for thinking it can be fixed ... why bother.. don't fix it because we like the broken version we have ... the wizards don't care...

Seriously.. I've never seen a larger bunch of defeatists in my life.
my ideas are here: https://www.genesismud.org/forums/viewt ... f=6&t=3405

:)

Sykil
Adept

Post by Sykil » 09 Feb 2016 00:45

What make this world real for me is why I stay and roleplay here. Knowing I can die becase I act bad is part of why so real for me here.

I think is more a problem if there are so big here who can ignore death and act badly anyway. Recovery there is not good.
Somebody send this to me when I start:

Genesis Start Guide

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/