Punishments in Genesis

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.

First offence of Double Logging - Fair/Harsh enough

1 week suspension
47%
Loss of 1/4 combat experience
13%
Loss of 1/2 combat experience
40%

Total votes: 30

Syrk
Rising Hero

Re: Punishments in Genesis

Post by Syrk » 26 Feb 2016 20:44

It was stated many times that gen administration has no numbers and no fancy to police everyone everytime.

So instead of investigating and proving if it is a serious offense or not, just let it be a warning the first time and set penalty after that.
No need to inquire and judge, no room for favouritism. Just clear and simple rules.

People will learn from the first time and after that there will be no excuse.
Administration would need to get involved more deeply only in special cases.

Mirandus
Site Admin

Post by Mirandus » 26 Feb 2016 20:57

I want to make sure a couple of things are clarified,

If you use the <second> command to <second a name> where name is any of your seconds, you will NEVER have to worry about double logging. The game is designed to not allow double-logging if the registration is taken.

What this is all about is someone who knowingly logs in a second player. They do not register them as a second and they play them both at the same time.

I also want to point out that newbie island has a sign specifically about rules where it asks players to <help rules> so they are aware of them. Many simply gloss over these signs and may not read them. Perhaps for the rule sign we should add in <yes I understand> type piece.

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 26 Feb 2016 20:58

Syrk wrote:It was stated many times that gen administration has no numbers and no fancy to police everyone everytime.

So instead of investigating and proving if it is a serious offense or not, just let it be a warning the first time and set penalty after that.
No need to inquire and judge, no room for favouritism. Just clear and simple rules.

People will learn from the first time and after that there will be no excuse.
Administration would need to get involved more deeply only in special cases.
This is basically how I feel, too. But "special cases" for me would pretty much include any established character intentionally double logging. They should all know better.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 27 Feb 2016 06:55

Half CEXP without recovery.
When you double log, you KNOW you are cheating.
Therefore NO mercy.

I also feel anyone not voting this way either condones cheating, cheat themselves or know someone that will cheat.

There is NO REASON to why the punishment for this shouldnt be harsh.
I would even say to the point of losing QEXP.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 27 Feb 2016 07:21

Amberlee wrote:Half CEXP without recovery.
When you double log, you KNOW you are cheating.
Therefore NO mercy.

I also feel anyone not voting this way either condones cheating, cheat themselves or know someone that will cheat.

There is NO REASON to why the punishment for this shouldnt be harsh.
I would even say to the point of losing QEXP.

3/4 combat exp imo, or 1/3 qexp :P All chars ofc

Mayobe
Adept

Post by Mayobe » 27 Feb 2016 15:57

Amberlee wrote:I also feel anyone not voting this way either condones cheating, cheat themselves or know someone that will cheat.
Easy, tiger.

I agree with your position on the issue (up to the 1/2 cxp point), but making bold assumptions about other people's intentions is usually a sign that you're riled up rather than having anything to do with the people you're accusing.

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 27 Feb 2016 16:26

Mayobe wrote:
Amberlee wrote:I also feel anyone not voting this way either condones cheating, cheat themselves or know someone that will cheat.
Easy, tiger.

I agree with your position on the issue (up to the 1/2 cxp point), but making bold assumptions about other people's intentions is usually a sign that you're riled up rather than having anything to do with the people you're accusing.

Riled up?
Sometimes, but not now.
Strong opinions?
Indubidably.

Some people here have been cheating for years with double logging and has not been caught.
It's been reported but no punishments given.
I dont like cheaters at all, be it double loggers, botters or people that abuse bugs.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Titan

Post by Avatar » 27 Feb 2016 16:50

Mirandus wrote:I want to make sure a couple of things are clarified,

If you use the <second> command to <second a name> where name is any of your seconds, you will NEVER have to worry about double logging. The game is designed to not allow double-logging if the registration is taken.

What this is all about is someone who knowingly logs in a second player. They do not register them as a second and they play them both at the same time.

I also want to point out that newbie island has a sign specifically about rules where it asks players to <help rules> so they are aware of them. Many simply gloss over these signs and may not read them. Perhaps for the rule sign we should add in <yes I understand> type piece.
I didn't know about that feature. I will list my seconds then, to avoid logging in a character, while another id LD.
Angmar! ANGMAR!! ANGMAR!!!
Pulp Znuga! PULP!!!!

Mersereau
Champion

Post by Mersereau » 27 Feb 2016 16:58

None of the above options are applicable in my opinion.

Considering the history of this offense and I've seen what people have done by giving away characters and others multiboxing for over a year, personally I'd like to see complete deletion.

I'm not sure why mortals are being asked how punishments should be applied. That really shouldn't be our bailiwick.

The only real concern should be that punishments are handed out the same for each case of this. Too many times that hasn't happened.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die."
-Mel Brooks

Sykil
Adept

Post by Sykil » 27 Feb 2016 18:29

I am glad they ask what players think. This is transparency and opportunity. Mersereau, we disagree.

Cherek already give the recipe for cheating public on forum: Control a friend's computer. This is why he never punished bot teams. This is why this is also futile exercise to ask for double login.
Somebody send this to me when I start:

Genesis Start Guide

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/