View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 21 Apr 2018 11:49

Forum rules


- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.



Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Gems are outrageous.... 
Author Message
Adept
User avatar

Joined: 23 Jan 2016 08:28
Posts: 133
Location: Bree
(Before anyone gets upset, the title is a League of Legends joke.)

Do gems do something special that I've missed out on somehow? (If it's something I have to discover by quests/guild then just say so.)

I don't get why they're separate from coinage. Just for variety?


08 Mar 2016 02:54
Profile
Rising Hero
User avatar

Joined: 18 Apr 2015 03:28
Posts: 374
Location: Vingaard Keep
Mayobe wrote:
(Before anyone gets upset, the title is a League of Legends joke.)

Do gems do something special that I've missed out on somehow? (If it's something I have to discover by quests/guild then just say so.)

I don't get why they're separate from coinage. Just for variety?


Certain magic guilds use them in spells. Also you can sell them for coins.

_________________
They denied that wealth could be printed, they denied that lunches were free;
They denied that Wishes were Horses; they denied that a Pig had Wings;
So we worshipped the Gods of of the Market Who promised these beautiful things.


08 Mar 2016 03:57
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: 03 Mar 2010 20:51
Posts: 2120
Location: Some old coffin
Err ... well, they aren't coins. How would they *not* be separate from coinage?

G.

_________________
Mmmmmm ... pie ...


08 Mar 2016 03:58
Profile
Adept
User avatar

Joined: 23 Jan 2016 08:28
Posts: 133
Location: Bree
Well, they're treated like a different kind of currency by the banks, and I know the gem shops will give good coin for them, but then they're kept by default, so it seemed like something was up.

Ody 'splaint it though.


08 Mar 2016 05:05
Profile
Champion
User avatar

Joined: 04 Mar 2010 04:46
Posts: 615
Location: United Kingdom
Gems are pretty to look at. Much more sparkly than coins.

Many people collect various gems.. for various reasons.
I believe there is someone hoarding Rubies ... *cough*Stern*cough*
Also .. you can have jewelry made with them..
or I believe have certain items encrusted with them if you collect enough.
And they have worth in other ways... as a means of gifting, bribing, distracting, etc..

_________________
If something I wrote sounds confusing ... assume you misunderstood it.


08 Mar 2016 12:59
Profile
Titan
User avatar

Joined: 10 Mar 2010 05:52
Posts: 451
Location: Denmark
Kitriana wrote:
Gems are pretty to look at. Much more sparkly than coins.

Many people collect various gems.. for various reasons.
I believe there is someone hoarding Rubies ... *cough*Stern*cough*
Also .. you can have jewelry made with them..
or I believe have certain items encrusted with them if you collect enough.
And they have worth in other ways... as a means of gifting, bribing, distracting, etc..


Certain weapons use gems as well, to power them.

_________________
Angmar! ANGMAR!! ANGMAR!!!
Pulp Znuga! PULP!!!!


08 Mar 2016 13:00
Profile
Adept
User avatar

Joined: 23 Jan 2016 08:28
Posts: 133
Location: Bree
Avatar wrote:
Kitriana wrote:
Gems are pretty to look at. Much more sparkly than coins.

Many people collect various gems.. for various reasons.
I believe there is someone hoarding Rubies ... *cough*Stern*cough*
Also .. you can have jewelry made with them..
or I believe have certain items encrusted with them if you collect enough.
And they have worth in other ways... as a means of gifting, bribing, distracting, etc..


Certain weapons use gems as well, to power them.

Gem cannon?


08 Mar 2016 17:07
Profile
Titan
User avatar

Joined: 10 Mar 2010 05:52
Posts: 451
Location: Denmark
Mayobe wrote:
Avatar wrote:
Kitriana wrote:
Gems are pretty to look at. Much more sparkly than coins.

Many people collect various gems.. for various reasons.
I believe there is someone hoarding Rubies ... *cough*Stern*cough*
Also .. you can have jewelry made with them..
or I believe have certain items encrusted with them if you collect enough.
And they have worth in other ways... as a means of gifting, bribing, distracting, etc..


Certain weapons use gems as well, to power them.

Gem cannon?


Sure.

_________________
Angmar! ANGMAR!! ANGMAR!!!
Pulp Znuga! PULP!!!!


08 Mar 2016 17:44
Profile
Adept
User avatar

Joined: 23 Jan 2016 08:28
Posts: 133
Location: Bree
(HeadingForTheMountain...)


08 Mar 2016 17:59
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software.