Ydred wrote:Depends on how this is implemented.
1) Evils need an OOC theif guild. Wouldnt want MM to be the only ones who suffer lost stuff.
Lets make sure to share this equally with the goodies also.
2) Spamming of steal shouldnt be possible. Extremely annoying to see a thief spam steal while you are in the process of mail and can see what happens but not quit out fast enough to stop them.
3) What you steal should affect how hard it is to pull off. Stealing a weapon might be easier than a suit of armour. Armour when moved tends to make alot of noise.
4) How much you steal should affect how hard it is to pull off. And there should be a maximum of any items you can steal at once, perhaps dependant on types of items. Coins you can steal much more of than say herbs or a stack of weapons.
We have been offered nothing though. Just that this will happen.
So flesh some of this out. Dont just implement it in game for the unbalance to ruin the fun for many.
And trust me the times you forget to wear an item or store some items and loose them is already annoying for most. But it is also true that it is our fault cause we forget to close containers etc. So not too annoying.
I just hope everyone gets to enjoy this fun. Especially the goodies, since Kenders are good, I would think they would steal from evils, of course kenders never steal really, they just 'could'. But that begs the question too.
And yes, there should be more protection than just awareness for theft. Much like Kit said.
Personally this will end up burning out all those who are stolen from is all I see. Worthless for the game as a whole. Especially since anyone under expert is probably new and will love this style of fun when starting game.
Just find that nice intense item .... but oh wait so fun to lose it before you get to AH. Ah fun for the thieves. Yippy. We can be the MMO who fights the norm. Sweetness!
1. Agreed, both sides should have some sort of thiefguild.
2. Again, agreed, it should cost mana and/or have a cooldown, I can imagine it would be quite mentally taxing to sneak up on a big bad myth and try stealing [silly stuff].
3&4. Ofcouse, also items that would make a sound when stolen, perhaps one item at a time with an exception for coins, gems and herbs? As herbs tend to not make clinking noises when handled. Stealing 50 potion bottles out of a backpack sounds quite insane unless you're stealing for stoners or dead people (HAH! Mages!
) Also, stealing more than 10-20 quite noisy coins would generate sound and be big for ones hand wouldnt it?