Genemon Event

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Taro
Adventurer

Re: Genemon Event

Post by Taro » 23 May 2016 23:07

Mim wrote:Found a creature
Anyone else who wants to know, mail me.
BIG thank to Jooli who helped me.
Would not have found it myself.
Also pay respect to Jooli for the help.
“There was this about vampires : they could never look scruffy. Instead, they were... what was the word... deshabille. It meant untidy, but with bags and bags of style.”

Mim
Rising Hero

Post by Mim » 24 May 2016 10:56

The event is fun.
Makes people gather and talk. People I never met before.

It has some weaknesses. My subjective opinion ofc.
The biggest might be that it invites idleplay with triggers and scripts.
Park a player in a room and script/trigger away.

It would be great fun if it could be modified one day so specials, firebolts and balls, poison, paralyzing zoombies etc etc would work.
Someone even came up with the brilliant idea to capture oneselfs image in the places you fight yourself.
Now that would be fun.
Admittedly most likely very hard to code and balance.

Never the less, it is a cool event and made me drop the grinding for some weeks.
Hats off.

Titan

Post by Avatar » 24 May 2016 15:31

The determined scarred male human pulls the red lever. The battle has begun!
An orb in a determined scarred male human's hand glows brightly with a pure white light. He aims
the orb at the ground in front of him and a beam of light shoots forth from it, touching the ground
and forming a bright white dome. The dome explodes suddenly causing you to avert your eyes for a
moment. When you look back you see a white hot brown bull where the dome was.
Your orb becomes cold to the touch as it pulses with a black shadowy hue. You aim the orb at the
ground in front of you and you feel the orb vibrate as a beam of light shoots forth from it,
touching the ground and forming a pusling black dome. The dome explodes suddenly causing you to
avert your eyes for a moment. When you look back you see a black shadowy ancient blue dragon where
the dome was.
A soul magnet appears!

>
The black shadowy ancient blue dragon has been defeated.
The black shadowy ancient blue dragon vanishes into thin air.
The white pillar pulses with power briefly. White won!
Sorry Avatar, maybe next time!
Way to go Guktar!
An orb in a determined scarred male human's hand vibrates and pulses excitedly. He aims the orb at
brown bull A beam of light shoots forth from the orb, surrounding the brown bull in a bright white
dome. The dome explodes suddenly causing you to avert your eyes for a moment. When you look back
you see nothing where the dome was.
The black shadowy ancient blue dragon died.
The buggged Bull and Devils Knights is fucking things up though. I'm disappointed nothing is being done about it.
Angmar! ANGMAR!! ANGMAR!!!
Pulp Znuga! PULP!!!!

cotillion
Site Admin

Post by cotillion » 24 May 2016 17:24

Avatar wrote: The buggged Bull and Devils Knights is fucking things up though. I'm disappointed nothing is being done about it.
I took a quick look and found a bad bug.
It's been reported to the event organizers and we'll have to see how they deal with it.

Titan

Post by Avatar » 24 May 2016 17:59

cotillion wrote:
Avatar wrote: The buggged Bull and Devils Knights is fucking things up though. I'm disappointed nothing is being done about it.
I took a quick look and found a bad bug.
It's been reported to the event organizers and we'll have to see how they deal with it.
THanks a lot Cotillion :)
Pulp Znuga! PULP!!!!

Guktar
Novice

Post by Guktar » 24 May 2016 19:36

Fair. I don't disagree. However there have been a lot of bugged NPCs in the event. I hope they all get patched.

I'm also hoping for some clarification on scripting rules. One discussion I had with an immortal seemed to imply it was all okay, another implied it was not. I'm curious if this event will follow precedent on the turkey event and just allow for it. If not, I am sure those of us who have made use of triggers will be happy to stop. I've only done so after asking an immortal...

I'd also recommend for general event improvements:

Limit the number of battles allowed per day. This eliminates the need for scripts at all (some infernal attempt at "staying ahead" knowing that other people are also scripting and that's the only way you can beat them... I started scripting AFTER I saw others doing it. My bull just let me pull ahead.) If the limit were 20 with no time limit between battles, you could participate in the event daily, and there wouldn't be any feeling of "well no fair, that country has a holiday and their players are logged in 16 hours, how can I ever keep up?" Give it 20 battles, best of the best comes out on top.

Titan

Post by Avatar » 24 May 2016 21:42

Guktar wrote:Fair. I don't disagree. However there have been a lot of bugged NPCs in the event. I hope they all get patched.

I'm also hoping for some clarification on scripting rules. One discussion I had with an immortal seemed to imply it was all okay, another implied it was not. I'm curious if this event will follow precedent on the turkey event and just allow for it. If not, I am sure those of us who have made use of triggers will be happy to stop. I've only done so after asking an immortal...

I'd also recommend for general event improvements:

Limit the number of battles allowed per day. This eliminates the need for scripts at all (some infernal attempt at "staying ahead" knowing that other people are also scripting and that's the only way you can beat them... I started scripting AFTER I saw others doing it. My bull just let me pull ahead.) If the limit were 20 with no time limit between battles, you could participate in the event daily, and there wouldn't be any feeling of "well no fair, that country has a holiday and their players are logged in 16 hours, how can I ever keep up?" Give it 20 battles, best of the best comes out on top.
I like the idea of limiting battles to X number a day.
Pulp Znuga! PULP!!!!

Titan

Post by Avatar » 24 May 2016 22:07

info 21 Jaacar Liege 24 May 2016

Citizens of Genesis!

It is with a saddened heart that I have had to
close the Genemon event. Rampant botting (and
the occasional cracked gizmo) has made the event
highly unfair for those who are actually focused
on this realm and not using triggers or scripts
to control them (such as doing battles in the
arenas).

The Arch of Events is very upset at this turn of
events. When he gets upset, he gets hungry. TRUST
ME when I say that you don't want him hungry,
especially when he's both angry AND hungry. You
will likely be eaten, or worse.

There will be some modifications done to Genemon
before it returns. There will be no rewards given
out for this round.

Jaacar
Pulp Znuga! PULP!!!!

Jooli
Adept

Post by Jooli » 24 May 2016 22:08

I think the event would benefit from it being less like throwing a dice. It felt after some hours spent testing different creatures to be fairly random. When there is little benefit from player interaction in the event, I'm not really surprised it turns to a triggerevent.

Mersereau
Champion

Post by Mersereau » 24 May 2016 22:12

Will actions be taken against the exploiters?
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die."
-Mel Brooks

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/