View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 24 Apr 2018 00:58

Forum rules


- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.



Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
New Event: Global War 
Author Message
Greneth wrote:
Next you've introduced Guild Warzones and havent defined who can take them. Should Amberlee decide she wants the Knights Guild zone whose going to stop her? PvP in general is frowned upon because even with the recovery system it still takes an assload of time to get back. Not all of us have a big ass Ogre or Neidar to run behind. With the inbalance of levels and guild population i can already tell you without running the event which guilds would win.


If Amberlee wants to take an area in this event, she needs to collect star gems (anyone of any size can do this), deliver them to her foundry (anyone can do), optionally arm them (anyone can get gear even if it's forged or bought from npc smiths), and then tell them where to spawn (anyone can do). Or she could use her guild's troop transport to pick up existing troops (anyone can do), take them to Vingaard (anyone can do), and drop them off (anyone can do).

Replace Amberlee's name with Greneth, and you seem to have a lot of possibilities for participation. You could even RP and try to establish a treaty and strategies with other guilds or heck even your own guild.

Maybe the explanation wasn't perfectly clear on everything, but it clear says you can't attack soldiers. Nowhere does it say pvp impacts points. So what's the problem with player size in this event?


08 Jun 2016 03:03
Rising Hero
User avatar

Joined: 29 Feb 2016 19:51
Posts: 318
Location: Everywhere
Strategic deployment of NPCs who do all the fighting?

I'd be happy to play a 5-star General..

It does seem a bit disappointing if players can't actually help fight the battle in the field.
Perhaps players can only fight enemy champions?
Still, it's interesting..

Who has the time to write it, though?

_________________
Chillin
[-_- ]
Click here to become a pupil of my Brute! It's really cool, I swear.


08 Jun 2016 03:13
Profile WWW
Emraht wrote:
Greneth wrote:
Next you've introduced Guild Warzones and havent defined who can take them. Should Amberlee decide she wants the Knights Guild zone whose going to stop her? PvP in general is frowned upon because even with the recovery system it still takes an assload of time to get back. Not all of us have a big ass Ogre or Neidar to run behind. With the inbalance of levels and guild population i can already tell you without running the event which guilds would win.


If Amberlee wants to take an area in this event, she needs to collect star gems (anyone of any size can do this), deliver them to her foundry (anyone can do), optionally arm them (anyone can get gear even if it's forged or bought from npc smiths), and then tell them where to spawn (anyone can do). Or she could use her guild's troop transport to pick up existing troops (anyone can do), take them to Vingaard (anyone can do), and drop them off (anyone can do).

Replace Amberlee's name with Greneth, and you seem to have a lot of possibilities for participation. You could even RP and try to establish a treaty and strategies with other guilds or heck even your own guild.

Maybe the explanation wasn't perfectly clear on everything, but it clear says you can't attack soldiers. Nowhere does it say pvp impacts points. So what's the problem with player size in this event?


And should Amberlee decide to arm her npcs she can obtain much better eq (That newbies and smaller players cant), purchase more then one transport consistently (which a lot of newbies and small players cant) and if she wanted to be a dick sit there with her troops and attack anyone who exits the Keep to prevent a knight from dropping troops.

Now youre gonna say thats what treaties and allies are for and then im gonna point out the vast difference of active myths amongst the guilds.

So that is my problem with player sizes. Ive seen people camp guild halls and use much less reasoning to go on a gank spree. This is inviting it on a whole new level and beyond a single domain.

"Theres a Ranger kill them for maybe having troops! Im only a merc/necro but im allied with the MMs so i now have a reason and who cares if im 7 levels higher!"

"Kill all knights that leave the keep! They may have troops to deploy!"

"Why would i ally with Knights, Neidars and Scop? Its obvious whose got more people..."

"For what reason do we Knights and Scops have for even playing while these asshats run around with such a lame excuse to kill us anywhere now?"

You think of the event as just an event which seems really fun, dont get me wrong. But I look at it as how does this allow for assholes to be even bigger douches?


08 Jun 2016 03:33
Greneth wrote:
You think of the event as just an event which seems really fun, dont get me wrong. But I look at it as how does this allow for assholes to be even bigger douches?


There's no arguing with you on that. Every event is an opportunity for people to be bad. If you have any suggestions for improving this idea, feel free to contribute.


08 Jun 2016 03:48
Emraht wrote:
Greneth wrote:
You think of the event as just an event which seems really fun, dont get me wrong. But I look at it as how does this allow for assholes to be even bigger douches?


There's no arguing with you on that. Every event is an opportunity for people to be bad. If you have any suggestions for improving this idea, feel free to contribute.


I dont have one other then making everyone the same level. Just sharing my concerns.


08 Jun 2016 03:51
Rising Hero
User avatar

Joined: 18 Apr 2015 03:28
Posts: 374
Location: Vingaard Keep
Perhaps a really harsh punishment? Immediate deletion?

_________________
They denied that wealth could be printed, they denied that lunches were free;
They denied that Wishes were Horses; they denied that a Pig had Wings;
So we worshipped the Gods of of the Market Who promised these beautiful things.


08 Jun 2016 04:24
Profile
Wanderer

Joined: 09 Feb 2015 22:29
Posts: 56
This seems very time-consuming and complicated. it's brilliant in one way but there's no way I'd want to compete and no way I'd win, anyways. I can have a good guess at who'd win, too.

Not SCoP that's for sure.

All that it would do is up the risk factor for douchebaggery from my purview.

It's hard to make a good event.


07 Dec 2016 08:52
Profile
Myth

Joined: 06 Mar 2012 00:14
Posts: 1519
Snedecor wrote:
This seems very time-consuming and complicated. it's brilliant in one way but there's no way I'd want to compete and no way I'd win, anyways. I can have a good guess at who'd win, too.

Not SCoP that's for sure.

All that it would do is up the risk factor for douchebaggery from my purview.

It's hard to make a good event.



SCOP+Their allies did a pretty good job of winning last time they made an effort :P And quite a bit of douchebaggery aswell.

Seems you cant get it through your head that the [difficulties] you're going through, is nothing in comparison as to what they did.


07 Dec 2016 17:43
Profile
Adept

Joined: 27 Nov 2013 01:34
Posts: 102
We often talk about how to build things in the game to make it more fun. Why don't these things ever come to fruition? Its comical really and there is a set script to follow:

First someone says that blah blah, wiz and code it. Volunteer system, must be engaged, snore. Yeah, we all get it and I am not a coder so I never knock the code, frankly because I cant help fix it. Can we stop this excuse? We all know it so well.

THEN, after that, someone whines about size and how it is unfair if someone gets a shoeprint on their boot. If people spent half the time on questing that they spent on whining about how big they weren't, they might actually get some size.

Ever think about making relationships to help you get the sought after experience? Nah, that's too easy - I will just complain instead.

Then, after those two the slaughtering and butchering of the idea commences. Part of the leadership we encourage is to lean into conflict. I love debate, but its not a debate, its a crucifixion of any idea. If you find a "problem" have at least 2 solutions to counter it. If you don't come with solutions, it is called whining.

Just think how cool an event like this could be... we lay the frame work, work out the kinks with everyone's solutions to potential problems, write up a "business case" of sorts and there it is... prime for someone who might want to take a stab. Don't kill things because you don't like them, instead, help them grow into something you DO like


12 Dec 2016 17:08
Profile
Champion
User avatar

Joined: 04 Mar 2010 04:46
Posts: 615
Location: United Kingdom
Etanukar wrote:
We often talk about how to build things in the game to make it more fun. Why don't these things ever come to fruition? Its comical really and there is a set script to follow:

First someone says that blah blah, wiz and code it. Volunteer system, must be engaged, snore. Yeah, we all get it and I am not a coder so I never knock the code, frankly because I cant help fix it. Can we stop this excuse? We all know it so well.

THEN, after that, someone whines about size and how it is unfair if someone gets a shoeprint on their boot. If people spent half the time on questing that they spent on whining about how big they weren't, they might actually get some size.

Ever think about making relationships to help you get the sought after experience? Nah, that's too easy - I will just complain instead.

Then, after those two the slaughtering and butchering of the idea commences. Part of the leadership we encourage is to lean into conflict. I love debate, but its not a debate, its a crucifixion of any idea. If you find a "problem" have at least 2 solutions to counter it. If you don't come with solutions, it is called whining.

Just think how cool an event like this could be... we lay the frame work, work out the kinks with everyone's solutions to potential problems, write up a "business case" of sorts and there it is... prime for someone who might want to take a stab. Don't kill things because you don't like them, instead, help them grow into something you DO like


+ 1

_________________
If something I wrote sounds confusing ... assume you misunderstood it.


12 Dec 2016 19:10
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software.