Non-flamey Size Discussion

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Locked
Kilrayne
Apprentice
Posts: 34
Joined: 10 Feb 2015 17:12

Re: Non-flamey Size Discussion

Post by Kilrayne » 14 Jun 2016 22:53

Ody wrote:
Are you saying it's good for a roleplay environment to allow characters to grow beyond the content of the game itself? And you say we're using bad logic.
That's not answering the question. And their growth is neither good nor bad for the game, it just means they have to determine what's going to keep them here.

Ydred
Veteran
Posts: 237
Joined: 29 Nov 2013 02:53

Re: Non-flamey Size Discussion

Post by Ydred » 14 Jun 2016 23:24

Are you saying it's good for a roleplay environment to allow characters to grow beyond the content of the game itself? And you say we're using bad logic.
No clue what this even means. I cant solo all game content even close. Irk maybe. But not me.

Your bad logic is lets protect Kalaman so we can steal Baxter and Calof gear cause MM kills their haradrim etc. Well MM is a guild about as evil as it gets. Nazgul = Nazi basically was the intent of Tolkien. But given this is the depth of your RP yes, it is bad logic. And this is but one example.

You simply want to be relevant in a game where you are not. Give me something for nothing. Well I fully disagree.

In fact I wish the Wizs would make up their mind and decide this issue 100%. Hard cap or leave it at the current soft cap. Cause in its current form I fully enjoy it as a game and with all the RP and everything. If it needs to change I can go start a new ladder in Diablo III and get back to top 50 and shoot for top 10. Or my old WoW guild where i can RP and engage in world pvp etc.

So do the ethical thing and give us a firm answer and lets leave this question alone til 2026.

Greneth

Re: Non-flamey Size Discussion

Post by Greneth » 15 Jun 2016 00:39

Ydred wrote:
Are you saying it's good for a roleplay environment to allow characters to grow beyond the content of the game itself? And you say we're using bad logic.
No clue what this even means. I cant solo all game content even close. Irk maybe. But not me.

Your bad logic is lets protect Kalaman so we can steal Baxter and Calof gear cause MM kills their haradrim etc. Well MM is a guild about as evil as it gets. Nazgul = Nazi basically was the intent of Tolkien. But given this is the depth of your RP yes, it is bad logic. And this is but one example.

You simply want to be relevant in a game where you are not. Give me something for nothing. Well I fully disagree.

In fact I wish the Wizs would make up their mind and decide this issue 100%. Hard cap or leave it at the current soft cap. Cause in its current form I fully enjoy it as a game and with all the RP and everything. If it needs to change I can go start a new ladder in Diablo III and get back to top 50 and shoot for top 10. Or my old WoW guild where i can RP and engage in world pvp etc.

So do the ethical thing and give us a firm answer and lets leave this question alone til 2026.
Well lucky for you Diablo 3 just inherited the Genesis Formula, so you wont be able to reach the top 50 for a few years and thats hoping that a few people quit playing. Top 10? What a joke, maybe in 20 years... find a new dream. Still want to play Diablo 3?

Oh and WoW open world PvP? Naaaaah, well I mean as long as you are cool with being half the size of everyone else and being completely irrelevant. Then I guess it could be fun.

Oh right, none of that applies to you because you have "Experience" with those games right? I dont want to be relevant in a game where I'm not. I'd like this game to be around to ask questions in 2026 and not have to be renamed from Genesis to what its become Grindfest.

Better yet lets do what quite a few games have done and just open another server. Well implment the changes on that server with enforced RP and see which one flourishes and which one has 10 people logged in, maybe. Im sure youll find lots of people that wont mind fronting the bill for another server. Then we can legitimately call one Genesis and one Grindfest. Problems solved no?

User avatar
Ody
Hero
Posts: 396
Joined: 18 Apr 2015 03:28
Location: Vingaard Keep

Re: Non-flamey Size Discussion

Post by Ody » 15 Jun 2016 01:36

Ydred wrote:Your bad logic is lets protect Kalaman so we can steal Baxter and Calof gear
That's what you think our logic is? No. We want to protect Kalaman because it's a Solamnian City. Even the guards shout for joy when they see Knights at the gates. As for gear stealing of npcs. We have rules against this. And repeated breaking of it means banishment. If you're having a problem with finding npcs with gear go blame the rangers.
Ydred wrote:You simply want to be relevant in a game where you are not. Give me something for nothing. Well I fully disagree.
No. I want a game where EVERYONE can be relevant. I'm thinking beyond myself. I'm thinking about a game where anyone and everyone can be relevant in PvP. Friends and enemies alike.

Also I'm not looking for a game where it's a handout. This isn't about catering to 'casual players' if it was I'd suggest we add micro-transactions and make the game a freemium game. This is about wanting a game where people can create a character and be useful in six months to a year.Six months if you're on quite a bit. No one is asking for an easy mode. We're just asking the difficulty settings be taken off of hardcore and set to something more realistic for the current gaming generation. Not many people have 6+ hours to play on the game a day.
Ydred wrote:I can go start a new ladder in Diablo III and get back to top 50 and shoot for top 10. Or my old WoW guild where i can RP and engage in world pvp etc.
So...go. If those games are so wonderful go play them.
Ydred wrote:In fact I wish the Wizs would make up their mind and decide this issue 100%
This is something I can get behind. An answer would be most appreciated.
All I am is your Van Gogh; I paint our dreams on the golden coast
I stay up high, flying solo; Don't come too close
I just ghost
I told you I am the new Poe; I sold my soul to the radio
I steal your heart in the shadows; Don't come too close
I just ghost

User avatar
Cherek
Site Admin
Posts: 3170
Joined: 04 Mar 2010 04:36

Re: Non-flamey Size Discussion

Post by Cherek » 15 Jun 2016 02:43

Ydred wrote:In fact I wish the Wizs would make up their mind and decide this issue 100%. Hard cap or leave it at the current soft cap.
Well, this has been discussed several times on wiz-boards and wiz chat-lines. And it probably was discussed long before I became a wizard too. But we talk about a lot of things. Potential improvement, current problems, etc. Often it ends up as discussions only, just like here on the forums. Which is pretty natural in a volunteer-run game like ours. Major changes are usually hard, time consuming and scary.

Obviously, any global change to stats would be a huge decision that will change Genesis forever, and this seems to be one of those topics that truly splits the players. Some are either very strongly FOR a stat change, while others are very strongly AGAINST it. I haven't heard anyone say "Oh, I am fine either way":) There's a few more options than a hard cap or "leave it as it is" though, but any big change like this would obviously be a gamble, as it would risk losing a number of players. On the other hand one can argue that doing nothing is also a big gamble and risks losing a number of players.

In my opinion, a strength of Genesis has always been it attracts different types of players who enjoy different things, but trying to make every possible type of player happy can sometimes be a problem too. Perhaps at some point we do need to make a decision on what type of game Genesis should be. Is unlimited growth our main thing, the thing that we should rely on to attract new players, or should our main selling point be something else? RP? PVP? Or should we simply continue to try to be a mix of everything?

Tough decisions. Lucky I am not part of the admin! Oh wait... ugh...

Sykil
Adept
Posts: 127
Joined: 27 Jan 2016 18:42
Contact:

Re: Non-flamey Size Discussion

Post by Sykil » 15 Jun 2016 03:19

Ydred wrote:And once everyone is the same size. Size wont be an issue.

Til you have your 15 titans vs my 5 titans. Oh then we need to reduce the numbers allowed in the pvp box you make. So it is equal in all aspects. And let us also reduce all skills to same set. Cause guilds having different skills could be more powerful than others.

So much rubbish in this whine thread. That is all I see. Whines and more whines followed by crap logic.
this
Somebody send this to me when I start:

Genesis Start Guide

User avatar
Alisa
Hero
Posts: 392
Joined: 16 Nov 2014 23:10

Re: Non-flamey Size Discussion

Post by Alisa » 15 Jun 2016 10:47

Cherek wrote:Oh, I am fine either way":)
Change is uncertain.
Staying the same is uncertain.

Some might leave, some might come. It´s alway a balance.
Ody wrote:I want a game where EVERYONE can be relevant.
I may be an old player, but i never had a champ before i started playing Alisa again. My "main", a dwarf, is still hero i believe.
Alisa became relevant(in my eyes) but it has a lot to do with which people you play with and how much time you want to spend grinding. A huge team to run with makes a very huge difference.
Time spent in-game will always reflect in some way with more powerfull options, gear. reputation, whatnots and all.

I dont see the problem as size anymore actually. I see the problem with groupings and mentality, mostly ego.

No, you aren´t allowed to play the big heroic shiny knight unless you gather enough help to actually being it. No, you can´t be the super evil megamind blue army general, if you dont have an army.

And when players gain the support to play the role they want, be it the evil mage or the chaotic good warrior------- Others get hurt. People start accusing each other of ruining the game. When BDA got killed by calians, all calians were cheater, other words, and doing BAD rp.

When BDA changed leadership and gained members, they were cheaters, other words and ... wait, noone said bad rp, wonder why :-)
Kilrayne wrote:Seriously though, to Ody, Greneth and others, how do you justify proposed changes from an RP perspective?
err.... that question doesnt make sense. RP is pretty easy.
1:Gods
2:Magic
3:invasion of body-snatching wizard
4:Germs?

To end my rant, here is my view on roleplaying:
Playing a character, doing RP, DOESN`T mean you live up to highest standard... I mean, i do hope it´s allowed to play a mediocre fighter, a small-minded racistic knight or a evil-hearted mage with qualms about his alligiance to mordor. Or an Ogre addicted to intelligence enhancing herbs........

Draugor
Myth
Posts: 1786
Joined: 06 Mar 2012 00:14

Re: Non-flamey Size Discussion

Post by Draugor » 15 Jun 2016 16:00

Ody wrote:
That's what you think our logic is? No. We want to protect Kalaman because it's a Solamnian City. Even the guards shout for joy when they see Knights at the gates. As for gear stealing of npcs. We have rules against this. And repeated breaking of it means banishment. If you're having a problem with finding npcs with gear go blame the rangers.

What about when we find baxter weaponless and see knights wielding his Blackened bastardsword? :P Who do we blame?

Draugor
Myth
Posts: 1786
Joined: 06 Mar 2012 00:14

Re: Non-flamey Size Discussion

Post by Draugor » 15 Jun 2016 16:18

Ody wrote: No. I want a game where EVERYONE can be relevant. I'm thinking beyond myself. I'm thinking about a game where anyone and everyone can be relevant in PvP. Friends and enemies alike.

That kinda kills it for us that have been here for 10+ years and have massive amounts of time invested in the game and some newbie comes after 6 months and can kick yer arse :P

Its a game that takes a long time to get somewhere, sure I can make a new char and really go for it, I can with little problem make a myth within a year, I know a few that can do it in 6 months, they have a ton of time invested tho.

Or should we change it so that every care-bear kid that wants to get it ALOT easier than its been for us (some that did this without the famed quest doc) whom have actually worked for it?
Just remove brute and its done. Equal growing terms for all, hell purge everyone and remove it. Noone has ANY advantage whatsoever. Not even those that have been here for 20+ years and have helped form the game

Greneth

Re: Non-flamey Size Discussion

Post by Greneth » 15 Jun 2016 17:49

Just a broken record at this point, "Ive been here 20 years, praise me!"

Some of you say the new generation is lazy and just wants shit easy? I think its more of the new generation has better shit to do then no life a text game they cant win.

Cant hold new players, bad reviews, constant indecision...

I know im not about to waste another 10.

Locked
http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/