Non-flamey Size Discussion

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Thalric
Rising Hero

Re: Non-flamey Size Discussion

Post by Thalric » 15 Jun 2016 17:58

At this point, the flames are not far away.

I read a lot about what it is people DON'T want.

But what is it you DO want?

I personally would like the focus to change away from the grinding.

With the mortal levels so big and obvious, it is hard to look away from the fact that you have to grind a ton to compete.
So, if we can make those smaller or hide them away, everyone will be able to do as they do now, they will just not have the same stuff to show for it.
People will still be able to grind and grow endlessly, hunting EQ and all that. But they will not have a title to show off.

Chanele
Champion

Post by Chanele » 15 Jun 2016 18:03

Thalric wrote:At this point, the flames are not far away.

I read a lot about what it is people DON'T want.

But what is it you DO want?

I personally would like the focus to change away from the grinding.

With the mortal levels so big and obvious, it is hard to look away from the fact that you have to grind a ton to compete.
So, if we can make those smaller or hide them away, everyone will be able to do as they do now, they will just not have the same stuff to show for it.
People will still be able to grind and grow endlessly, hunting EQ and all that. But they will not have a title to show off.
Keep the system as it is in PVE and make a new formula for size influence in PVP encounters to even out the odds.

Ody
Hero

Post by Ody » 15 Jun 2016 18:12

Chanele wrote:Keep the system as it is in PVE and make a new formula for size influence in PVP encounters to even out the odds.
I'd take that.

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 15 Jun 2016 20:16

Greneth wrote:Just a broken record at this point, "Ive been here 20 years, praise me!"

Some of you say the new generation is lazy and just wants shit easy? I think its more of the new generation has better shit to do then no life a text game they cant win.

Cant hold new players, bad reviews, constant indecision...

I know im not about to waste another 10.

Its more an issue of "Why would you get free shit when we've spent time here?" If thats what you want, 5-6 hour max levels, go play WoW

Chanele
Champion

Post by Chanele » 15 Jun 2016 20:55

There's a bunch of choices how to make it easier for new members of the community and still keep the old ones happy.

1, Keep the system as it is in PVE and make a new formula for size influence in PVP encounters to even out the odds.
2, Give newbies a discount on brute (50%?) until they hit legend.
3, Remove the benefit from stat enhancing imbues after you hit supreme, return the old values and let it be a chance/way for new comers to hit back
4, kick the grumpy old ones in the groin

Just a few suggestions..

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 15 Jun 2016 22:16

Draugor: I think the idea of rewarding longtime players with being much bigger, and much more powerful, than any new players, comes with a lot of problems. Yes, experience should of course matter, but new players must also be able to feel they have a realistic shot at competing on a reasonable level, within a reasonable timeframe, or it will feel fruitless to even try. Which is unfortunately what many of our new players report currently, and the statistics confirm this very well. We get a lot of new players, but very few stick around to grow even beyond expert. And even our most successful players are after 1.5+ years of playing (very actively) nothing more than cannon fodder in any PVP conflict. I think PVP could be a lot more fun if we found a way to make it a bit more even, preferably without making all the old players leave...

Ydred
Veteran

Post by Ydred » 15 Jun 2016 23:39

I am all for making it easier to get max quest.

After that I will see the door hit me in the ass. Making pvp different than pve i used to think would be alright if you did something like make champion and below get a faster imbue system. So they can make bigger glittering gems faster. instead of 9 27 81 (faints) to make useful stones they can make them in 4 16 32.

Going much beyond that massive type of help and I will leave and go play evil elsewhere. I dont give a flip about fairness (regarding how well you keep up with me or others (and I am not near the biggest). Not when Monika was huge nor when Xar was nor now. But to change it to where these people seem to want to go is to make it a haven for alts is all I see.

Even pvp means tons of alts ... something someone like greneth who has many titans wants. And I could give a fuck about his alts and others. And alts will lead to more guild bs as we have seen in the past this too due to alts. Now imagine when 3months later you are up to speed. Yea. No not the game I signed up for.

And there are a host of other issues that will arise if you make things 'even'.

So to me max quest puts us all on parity. An easier route to that is the best way to go initially and takes no effort. Just change the multiplier. Beyond max quest being easier, the pandoras box starts to get opened and many unseen issues will arise beyond anything mentioned in this thread.

Ody
Hero

Post by Ody » 16 Jun 2016 01:34

Chanele wrote:There's a bunch of choices how to make it easier for new members of the community and still keep the old ones happy.

1, Keep the system as it is in PVE and make a new formula for size influence in PVP encounters to even out the odds.
3, Remove the benefit from stat enhancing imbues after you hit supreme, return the old values and let it be a chance/way for new comers to hit back
4, kick the grumpy old ones in the groin

Just a few suggestions..
1, 2, and 4 sound really good to me

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 16 Jun 2016 05:23

Cherek wrote:Draugor: I think the idea of rewarding longtime players with being much bigger, and much more powerful, than any new players, comes with a lot of problems. Yes, experience should of course matter, but new players must also be able to feel they have a realistic shot at competing on a reasonable level, within a reasonable timeframe, or it will feel fruitless to even try. Which is unfortunately what many of our new players report currently, and the statistics confirm this very well. We get a lot of new players, but very few stick around to grow even beyond expert. And even our most successful players are after 1.5+ years of playing (very actively) nothing more than cannon fodder in any PVP conflict. I think PVP could be a lot more fun if we found a way to make it a bit more even, preferably without making all the old players leave...

Size in all may not be the only reward available, I'm only seeing "Make everyone the same size" from those complaining about size VS age tho. If you want that, make a hardcap that most of the oldies havent struck yet and/or probably wont. This will still send alot of oldies packing since its more or less the same as destroying what they have worked for :P Or remove qexp, seems alot of the newbies today have alot of time to play wich would give them the chance to reach the same size through grinding, we'd se alot more bots, but that feels like its very legal nowadays.

Everyone has a realistic shot at competing, its been proven you can strike myth within a year, the thing people leave over, and I've heard quite some newbies bitch over this.
Crazy ass, unrealistic and illogical quests that they cant complete, some cant even do it with the doc due to changes, some items not beeing there when they start the quests etc etc, they are used to quests having the items for each specific player this making them easy to complete.

And if you dont quest, no way in hell you'll grow. Alot of quests doesent even hve questgivers, they require you to examine every little pine cone and the seeds within for no logical reason to MAYBE obtain a quest from it. This makes things take ages for newbies to grow, first of all since they dont know they need to examine the grime they found one some little pin whilst looking through a crows nest, and that the quest from this was to find Takhisis panties in Kabal for some far-fetched reason.

Hell some people today have experience from quests that doesent even exist today, thus making it alot easier to max out that part.

People are not used to games that make you spend 2 days (if lucky) on one quest today, hell it doesent even take 2 days to hit max level in alot of games.

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 16 Jun 2016 05:31

Chanele wrote:There's a bunch of choices how to make it easier for new members of the community and still keep the old ones happy.

I'd rather say myth considering alot of people are way beyond myth these days. If the discount goes away at myth, they wont grow much above myth without alot of time invested. But at myth you'll definately matter, would matter at legend to but not at the same level.

But this idea I'd support, 50% brutecut for people under myth/legend. Still wont take a day to hit that level and it wont make the older players time spent as obsolete as some of the other suggestions in this thread, and if someone makes a new char and they are sick of quests, it wont require the same time for them either, it will however make myth very possible within just a few months for the ûber levlers we have

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/