Non-flamey Size Discussion

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Titan

Re: Non-flamey Size Discussion

Post by Avatar » 16 Jun 2016 10:30

Last edited by Avatar on 16 Jun 2016 15:42, edited 2 times in total.
Angmar! ANGMAR!! ANGMAR!!!
Pulp Znuga! PULP!!!!

Chanele
Champion

Post by Chanele » 16 Jun 2016 11:11

You're the only one whining so I suggest you reread your own post. Welcome to the future!

Leadership experts claims the biggest mistake a leader can make is to focus on the negative people who lives in the past. Focus on the ones open for changes and those willing to adapt and the latter will follow. This will ofcourse also make people leave but they were at the wrong place/ position to start with.

OgreToyBoy
Champion

Post by OgreToyBoy » 16 Jun 2016 12:42

What I want :P

Separate questxp from combatxp and general xp, fixed brutality dependant on amount of combatxp regardless of questxp.
Let questxp have its own stattable and just slap on those stats ontop of the other stats.
Make the combatxp table a lot more demanding, like 2-3x what it is today.

Perks and extra abilities to be unlocked, like teleport and power words :p

Let us all be small again :)

Zestana
Expert

Post by Zestana » 16 Jun 2016 15:07

Some of you, older and younger, sound like a bunch of spoiled self-righteous children that can't get your way or will say F*** off if you don't get your way..... Just give it a rest already.

And that's coming from me... that should really tell you something.

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 16 Jun 2016 19:14

Chanele wrote:You're the only one whining so I suggest you reread your own post. Welcome to the future!

Leadership experts claims the biggest mistake a leader can make is to focus on the negative people who lives in the past. Focus on the ones open for changes and those willing to adapt and the latter will follow. This will ofcourse also make people leave but they were at the wrong place/ position to start with.

I just agreed with you tho :P

Ydred
Veteran

Post by Ydred » 16 Jun 2016 21:22

Draugor might have a decent solution. I think til legend like Chanele said. Mid legend? Making myth to easy will allow idiots like me to get tons of myths.

But we are going to have to ask if we are narrowing the gaps so far, where are evil tank rotations and other aspects that seem to only be represented in goodie themed guilds? The system of balance is very unbalanced in many other ways. And there are many other issues to this aspect. Mostly favoring the goodies.

And does this mean when you reach myth and die you are on the recovery system? which will be abit slower than staying at slightly brutal til myth or something. Not by much mind you but it will be different.

And what of quest? I still think allowing brute to max out with say 250 quests is the best method of parity.

But this wouldnt be horrible either. Especially if evil guilds got tank rotations and stuff they lack since every MMO to date does not model itself on the must be unique bs that genesis tries. I remember Boron telling me this years ago and me laughing about it. Mrpr couldnt explain it much better in logical sense. I left wizzing due to it (largely) as I saw it as very inconsitant in its application. But now that we have so much change, we can fix alot of issues where unique isnt so important or hidden behind when felt like. There isnt much unique in these games and nothing genesis does WoW doesnt do in graphics and more. Move behind is just another rescue, but both are thought of as unique. So evils cant have it. But both are really just different ways of rotating tanks. There are many other examples here but I will leave it there.

Alisa
Hero

Post by Alisa » 17 Jun 2016 17:51

Ydred wrote: Move behind is just another rescue, but both are thought of as unique. So evils cant have it. But both are really just different ways of rotating tanks. There are many other examples here but I will leave it there.

Evils should have the ability to "pull infront" instead of move behind :-)

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 17 Jun 2016 18:01

Alisa wrote:
Ydred wrote: Move behind is just another rescue, but both are thought of as unique. So evils cant have it. But both are really just different ways of rotating tanks. There are many other examples here but I will leave it there.

Evils should have the ability to "pull infront" instead of move behind :-)

Now THAT would be fun :D I'm with Alisa on this one! Also, its quite in line with evils, would be perfect for angmarim or so

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 18 Jun 2016 01:07

Alisa wrote: Evils should have the ability to "pull infront" instead of move behind :-)
That's a fun idea actually.:)

Kas
Legend

Post by Kas » 18 Jun 2016 11:52

The trolls in Minas Morgul "moves cowardly behind". Always found that one to be rather amusing.
Might and Glory flaming for changing dawn, ancient power revealed of an iron crown, clear and cold and shining so far and bright, crush the world in one clash of your binding light.

Gû kîbum kelkum-ishi, burzum-ishi. Akha - gûm-ishi ashi gurum!

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/