Non-flamey Size Discussion

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
nils
Titan

Re: Non-flamey Size Discussion

Post by nils » 05 Aug 2016 10:07

Ardor wrote:I can´t really see a problem in it other than me having less to work for it.. kinda takes away the feeling of having to work hard to become a true Myth

In my suggestion I specifically note that it's important that the amount of grind-time remains the same, but quicker in the earlier levels. Ody will never become myth, but he might have a shot at legend. :)
Nil Mortifi Sine Lucre

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 05 Aug 2016 20:42

nils wrote:
Ardor wrote:I can´t really see a problem in it other than me having less to work for it.. kinda takes away the feeling of having to work hard to become a true Myth

In my suggestion I specifically note that it's important that the amount of grind-time remains the same, but quicker in the earlier levels. Ody will never become myth, but he might have a shot at legend. :)

Tbh, if he can strike legend, all the needs it time for mythm, so... better kill him when the chance is given :)

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 30 Apr 2017 14:22

I think the issue effects a lot of the old and new, there are a lot of old players who hit a wall around titan, some just persevered.

Ydred has great points. It u are a maxed qexp player things are soo much easier.
Every kill is more rewarding. Every death much less painful.
If u are combat exp heavy your loosing a percentage on death is a lot more painful.

Good steps have already been taken..
The quest exp cap fixed the biggest injustice where old cheaters could have more qexp helping them than anyone starting today could ever get.
And yes all those who were way over today's cap cheated.

The quest orbs were the starting point of making current quests actually doable for all.
Can a new player today even imagine how frustrating it was to go explore looking for obscure quests not even knowing where to start lol

I think if we keep going and make the qexp cap realistically reachable for all it will help a lot.
Given how much many people got pissed off with quests some idea that allows u to bypass quests and get chunks of quest exp might be worth considering. Like a challenging but repeatable team quest. qexp for conquering a Krynn war area. that sort of thing
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 01 May 2017 00:37

You're turning into a Necromancer, Tarax - bringing old dead threads back to life!

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 01 May 2017 03:09

Before coming back (again) I was trawling the forums a bit to see what was up. Threads like this one caught my eye.

The size difference thing has been around for ever.

I first returned to the game and created Tarax around mid 2000's. (Just before the first people were popping myth, whenever that was help me out with the date lol) And some I knew were bragging about their ultra low brutality and how they could get there easily.

But when I reached Titan I was happy enough and could join in team fights and took my foot off the gas on questing. But there were not the same resources then as now it was a LOT more frustrating.

Over time I have grown were I am happy with my size already & knowledge alliances and equipment are more important than size anyway when it comes to fights. The first vampire slain in pvp was by a rising hero if I recall. The myth squad quit when another heroish sized player kicked their ass.
If I was a new player I would be crying show me your secrets not show me myth.

But I think if older players heard that qexp cap was reachable without much painful syntax searching and wild goose chase quests more than a few would give it a go.

They might even share some secrets if they do ;)

Etanukar
Adept

Post by Etanukar » 06 May 2017 00:01

Not sure the cap is reachable with the orbs, or under the current system. I have witnessed completed list of the orbs and that pretty message is no where to be seen. Since [the top room in the tower] has quests listed, does that throw the numbers off? What about newbie isle vs not? Even something this simple is unjustifiably complex.

Cerin
Wanderer

Post by Cerin » 06 May 2017 00:23

Etanukar wrote:Not sure the cap is reachable with the orbs, or under the current system. I have witnessed completed list of the orbs and that pretty message is no where to be seen. Since [the top room in the tower] has quests listed, does that throw the numbers off? What about newbie isle vs not? Even something this simple is unjustifiably complex.
There are hidden quests as well such as Gurus and the weekly ones in Sparkle.

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 06 May 2017 02:52

No quest should be hidden, that is what the orbs are for. The recent case of kabal beggar was an oversight, hopefully not many others were missed.
I didn't think guru quests were meant to give much exp, just a system to set a tick box as having done it.

Cap should have been set as reachable with the quest pool. Cus it a bloody big ask to do them all.
As much as we are trying to improve the situation there a lot of quests that take several attempts to get right given luck and timing even if you know what you are doing. There are also quests not doable because of your choices you have commited to for race alignment etc.

Weekly search around and look for this is nice to have. (I am assuming that is what they are, I looked at one and have ignored it since cus have other bigger quests to do)
Something more substantial and not a go fetch would be welcome.

"If you make it they will come." :D

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 06 May 2017 15:38

Cerin wrote:
Etanukar wrote:Not sure the cap is reachable with the orbs, or under the current system. I have witnessed completed list of the orbs and that pretty message is no where to be seen. Since [the top room in the tower] has quests listed, does that throw the numbers off? What about newbie isle vs not? Even something this simple is unjustifiably complex.
There are hidden quests as well such as Gurus and the weekly ones in Sparkle.
Quests should not be hidden. Guru quests only show up after they are completed, which make sense, since they can only be done if you're in the guild. But other than that, quests should be visible. There was one missing in Kalad, like Tarax said, which I fixed some months ago, and I know the Fireball quests in Calia does not show up until after they are completed (which should be fixed), but other than that, all should be visible.

Have you reported these hidden quests so we can fix it?

As for the cap, as some of you maybe remember from when it was introduced the cap is mainly there to stop those who have really old quest XP, or have quest XP they should not have, from getting too much of an advantage. It's not supposed to be reachable by "normal" players. So no, finishing all quests does not make you reach the cap, and a bunch of extra XP from Wednesday quests and events wont either. There is no player in the game who has reached the cap normally. The only ones who have reached it either got QXP from a lot of ancient now closed quests, or are characters created during the "XP multiplier" abuse. The number of active characters who has either is VERY low.

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 06 May 2017 16:08

That is a little disheartening.
"Oh yeah there is a cap, but you can't reach it."
It doesn't sound inviting to someone just joining the game does it?
Or the people with really old chars who arent in the qexp rich club.

But on the plus side if we get something meaningful that can get all players really heading towards the cap and be an alternative to having to do every quest.. Then nearly ever currently active player has something to gain.

Don't get me wrong I can see why cap was set high, so those above it didnt just get pissed off and quit.. But like Cherek just said, they are now days a v small portion of the active players. Is it time to look again and think what will be best for the game? I hope we at least make a convincing arguement and have given the admin food for thought.

Btw like I explained above, I dont count this char I play as really old. If when I first came back to gen if I had got my initial char restored instead of starting fresh I am sure cap would have been easily reachable, but I didn't like its name. heh

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/