Non-flamey Size Discussion

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
gorboth
Site Admin

Re: Non-flamey Size Discussion

Post by gorboth » 06 May 2017 20:45

The cap was set higher than you can quest via orbs intentionally. This is to ensure:
  • Daily quests like Market Day and Herb Vendor can remain meaningful.
  • Event rewards can remain meaningful.
The reason a quest exp cap was implemented was to remove the ridiculously high brute-advantage some of our elder players were able to enjoy exclusively. There are players in the game who have almost twice as much qxp as is currently possible to acquire if you start fresh. The cap makes it so their brute advantage is roughly equal to a player who works hard and does all currently available quests. Because of the aforementioned "high bar" of the cap to make room for a bit of qxp growth beyond the available quests, these ancient players do enjoy a slight advantage. But, hey, they are old and probably have to drink prune juice to stay regular. Let them enjoy the few things they still have left in life.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Mumon
Wanderer

Post by Mumon » 06 May 2017 22:34

gorboth wrote:The cap was set higher than you can quest via orbs intentionally. This is to ensure:
  • Daily quests like Market Day and Herb Vendor can remain meaningful.
  • Event rewards can remain meaningful.
The reason a quest exp cap was implemented was to remove the ridiculously high brute-advantage some of our elder players were able to enjoy exclusively. There are players in the game who have almost twice as much qxp as is currently possible to acquire if you start fresh. The cap makes it so their brute advantage is roughly equal to a player who works hard and does all currently available quests. Because of the aforementioned "high bar" of the cap to make room for a bit of qxp growth beyond the available quests, these ancient players do enjoy a slight advantage. But, hey, they are old and probably have to drink prune juice to stay regular. Let them enjoy the few things they still have left in life.

G.
Mmm... prune juice.

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 06 May 2017 23:44

Mumon - I see that you do not yet have an avatar picture for the forum. I'm here to help.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Dorrien
Adventurer

Post by Dorrien » 30 May 2017 23:44

I will start by saying I did NOT read 99% of the posts already posted.

While I am not a true "Golden Age-r", I have been playing this game for over a decade. I have never ONCE on any of my characters hit Myth. Do you see me making bitch-ass posts about it being too hard to get big WAAHHH?! Nope. I know why I have not hit myth, I have not completed all of the quests and Lars and I have a very strong relationship that I will not stand to lose...

There are COUNTLESS more opportunities for growth and making that growth easier in the game today than there were 10 years ago. There once was not a walk-through online for every quest available. There were not even quest orbs. You didn't know what was what from what to what. There also wasn't this death recovery scam on the market either. Stack 10 deaths up and go from ZERO guild XP to "MAX" in a few weeks... and redistribute your stats as desired. Has to be some form of punishment for stacking 3 or more deaths together. Less and less of a death recovery assistance for each death you have accumulated without recovering from prior deaths.

Ody, I say this next paragraph directly to you and your player. Your willingness to RP is commendable. Your desire to be handed Myth and everything else is deplorable. You CHOSE to be Grand Master at negligible size, you KNEW that put a triple target minimum on your back. Your fault, quit crying. Can't lead your armies into war without being taken out like the child you are? Step down. I lost an officer's position once on an Alt because the officers were being targeted and that put me on the chopping block. My General demoted me for my safety... I still appreciate that. You have an expert leading your southern forces... *boggle*. You want to hit Champion? Jump on your damn horse and kill some draconians... Myth is not a level, it is an achievement.

If you know how to and are willing to play this game you can grow at an insane rate. I have witnessed it. You also do not have to be a myth in order to kill a myth... that too I have witnessed. Roleplaying doesn't slow anything down, standing in a Post Office having a conversation does, and pisses off people trying to pen a nice letter to someone in peace and quiet. Speak and grind, grow and converse. The new players coming into this game are SO VERY WELCOME but they bring with them a game-playing ideology that doesn't work here. Shit isn't free here. You don't just get to be max level because that is "fair". Quit mailing the ENTIRE awake list to sign your book, the idea wasn't to get new players to learn how to type "who" and then mail em all. It was designed to get people to meet and interact and develop relationships. These players are entering into a game that has players with DECADES of work put into them. Ody and the like have the audacity to say they have put in equal effort and time?? That is laughable. Kick rocks.

This is a game of free and open direction. You have the ability to do anything you wish with your character. If the mountain that Myth level is is too much for you too climb, oh well. They won't blow Everest in half so that the new batch of climbers can summit the mountain more safely and in less time. That would take away from the challenge that draws those who are WORTHY of the achievement. You don't get things here simply by being around. Its the same idea as real life. You want a MYTHICAL body? Go hit those weights homeboy. Want a MYTHICAL mind? Go read and take them notes! You want a MYTHICAL community around you? Go make those relationships and connections. You don't get all (3) by achieving (1) however. They can meld into one another and assist in acquiring all (3) but if isn't a buy (1) get (3).

Rather than trying to figure out how to appease the Genesis-Millennials, how about we button up those RECODES?! SAY WHAT?!?! Can I get an AMEN?

This post very quickly got away from me but my opinions are what they are. Flamey or not this whole "it is too hard to level up" is bullshit. This game already has every hand-holding safety-net imaginable in place its sick. Magic map?? *sigh* We used to have to make our own and eventually the maps were up in here *taps side of head with right index finger twice*... Shit, I still make my own as I have been unable to break the habit and simply type *exa map*.

If you claim to love this game, learn to play it.

Moderators, feel free to move this to flame section if necessary... I do not think the points made are invalid however.

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 31 May 2017 00:12

What Dorrien says here.
Is 100% true.

Also.
One commander is expert and one is rising hero.
Only knight with size and experience is Chade whom is rarely any active, and I don't see that changing much forward as they are being hunted.
I mean.. Poke the bear and the bear pokes back.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 31 May 2017 00:35

By the way.
Here is food for thought.

You can go from novice to myth in less than 4 months.
Of course you have to be a bit obsessive and have SOME form of help to get you started, but it is possible.
Within a year you can be high on the overall web rankings and be bigger than some of the oldtimers on said rankings.
Again you have to be a bit obsessive.

So playing the game for so many years and not growing past hero and whining about everyone else being so much bigger.
That is to me just surreal.
You choose to make an effort, or you choose to spend your days in sparkle church.
In the end though it is exactly that, a choice.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Cerin
Wanderer

Post by Cerin » 31 May 2017 01:36

Amberlee wrote:What Dorrien says here.
Is 100% true.

Also.
One commander is expert and one is rising hero.
Only knight with size and experience is Chade whom is rarely any active, and I don't see that changing much forward as they are being hunted.
I mean.. Poke the bear and the bear pokes back.
Well no bear got poked, there was literally a letter saying. "Knights don't pay me enough attention, give me Ody's head or we go to war".
Last edited by Cerin on 31 May 2017 04:45, edited 1 time in total.

Dorrien
Adventurer

Post by Dorrien » 31 May 2017 01:42

Last edited by Dorrien on 31 May 2017 04:18, edited 2 times in total.

gold bezie
Expert

Post by gold bezie » 31 May 2017 01:51

i agree with the part of the four months myth allegation not true for the first chars of people. No new one can do that, and you all know it!!
And for everyone who loves to roleplay ( i admit im not that good with it) it should not be like that... get a new char, ask your friends to
make you big fast, you know how to solve the quests so no problem there.

I mean no problem if someone likes to do that... but is that what this game is really about?

I dont mind wars between guilds, as long as all stays within rp. Too much ive seen it about personal reasons...
Why kill a char of someone because another char of that person did something you think is wrong???
what is the rp of that...

btw i can understand why the wizards dont want to let people down who keeps the game alive for years, they deserve it to be bigger than anyone else, but they should understand that its not that easy for the really young ones who are still playing with their first char.
Last edited by gold bezie on 31 May 2017 01:58, edited 1 time in total.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that.

Cerin
Wanderer

Post by Cerin » 31 May 2017 01:51

Last edited by Cerin on 31 May 2017 03:45, edited 2 times in total.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/