Non-flamey Size Discussion

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Johnny
Veteran

Re: Non-flamey Size Discussion

Post by Johnny » 31 May 2017 04:10

Cerin wrote:But it all comes back to the same thing, every single time and in every single situation. Size. Its always about size. So what do you do?
Get better equipment

Dorrien
Adventurer

Post by Dorrien » 31 May 2017 04:11

This topic is about making it easier to gain size. That isn't going to solve the problem you just outlined. Simply make more myths. Cap everyone at Supreme or if they are above RIGHT NOW they keep it, thats the way that goes, cant take shit from people who went and got it. But then a cap exists and its easier to get there... ok? Now what...

Sometimes if your entire Army will be slaughtered, you do sacrifice the Grand Master. History shows us that just because you are little doesn't mean you get off the hook. Yeah it sucks but eventually the hunting ends and you carry on. Again, MAKE ME MYTH doesn't fix anything. These NEW players joined a guild with natural enemies. They KNEW this and if they didn't then they were seriously neglectful in their Squireship. While, I understand the agrument of these guys don't know as much and are against crazy odds, but welcome to the ball game....

Cerin
Wanderer

Post by Cerin » 31 May 2017 04:28

Johnny wrote:Woah, how did my name get thrown in here. Yes, I told you it was a bad decision to fight a Myth in a guild I know I basically no NOTHING about. I know the type of player you were plotting to kill and, yeah, I'm not getting involved with that one bit. I know why one of my characters was kicked from a guild when I was helping out a friend. *peer grudgingly Cerin*

Anyways, when I first started playing I used telnet. Nuff said. I learned from other players and, I know this may sound bizarre but, I did some reading and spent COUNTLESS hours in the help files of Zmud/Cmud to LEARN what I know and then shared it with my close friends. When I didn't know something I asked questions from friends not strangers. So when it comes to the scripting and setting up triggers, it took me 14 years to get where I am. I'm not and I'm not even CLOSE to how some others have setup their clients.

Now... growth. Myth is earned not given, I think it should be harder to hit myth. I do agree with Nils though! Rework the brutality system! I also agree with Dorrien, put a cap on how many times you can stack deaths! It's unreal how fast people grow their titles now. 10 link blademaster in a matter of a month or two?!?! Something is broken here... Finish guild recodes!

The game as come a LONG way since I started. I don't remember how I manage to even create a character. The mirrors were quite confusing for my first text-based MMO. Also, there was hardly any newbie areas. It took people, like Ody, that helped me out and taught me the ropes. I just happened to take notes so I didn't have to continually feed off a knowledgeable player. There is something to be said about a player who will still use pencil and paper to makes maps and jot down notes.
Tossed it in since all three of you would talk about it when dragging my first character around. But Uh... you didn't tell me anything? Do you mean the mail you sent Greneth who forwarded the message to his guild members and a few others when trying to collect allies? I'm not him. But how much fun was learning all of that? This isn't college, this isn't a job to secure your future. Its a game so make it fun?
Johnny wrote:Get better equipment
First its you dont want to fight the Myth, then its just get better equipment to fight them? Cmon now.

Dorrien wrote:This topic is about making it easier to gain size. That isn't going to solve the problem you just outlined. Simply make more myths. Cap everyone at Supreme or if they are above RIGHT NOW they keep it, thats the way that goes, cant take shit from people who went and got it. But then a cap exists and its easier to get there... ok? Now what...
Well is this a RPG Game or is this a Chinese grindfest? What direction are we trying to go? You wont find any new player who says getting to myth is fun, none. If it was fun, they would of been there already. So sure we can blame the generation, we can point fingers and call them names, we can tell them to toughen up and we can recall stories about how we were able to do it. Or we can admit the system is flawed, because it is or this complaint wouldnt be 20 years old and find something better.

And you're right my idea wouldnt solve it completely, but its just that. An idea, take it, improve on it, toss it out and come up with something better.
Last edited by Cerin on 31 May 2017 04:42, edited 1 time in total.

Dorrien
Adventurer

Post by Dorrien » 31 May 2017 04:40

You REALLY like sharing information about shit you shouldn't don't you? Bringing people into things that had nothing to do with the topic and openly admitting the only you reason you know is because of things you heard on an ALTERNATE character? You are making enemies quick.

Cerin
Wanderer

Post by Cerin » 31 May 2017 04:43

Dorrien wrote:You REALLY like sharing information about shit you shouldn't don't you? Bringing people into things that had nothing to do with the topic and openly admitting the only you reason you know is because of things you heard on an ALTERNATE character? You are making enemies quick.
When its a bunch of people talking OOC in game I dont think it really matters which character it was on.

Dorrien
Adventurer

Post by Dorrien » 31 May 2017 04:51

I think there are lines you don't cross and you crossed them. This post was about getting bigger easier, I made a post about it, called out a player who isn't you for making said post when his decisions as as guild leader are what got him where he is and if he wants to get bigger go grow... and you aired the dirty laundry out to dry and brought in other people completely unrelated... and shared information that was also completely unrelated and acquired from a completely different character than you are currently under... whats the deal man?

Cerin
Wanderer

Post by Cerin » 31 May 2017 05:02

Dorrien wrote:I think there are lines you don't cross and you crossed them. This post was about getting bigger easier, I made a post about it, called out a player who isn't you for making said post when his decisions as as guild leader are what got him where he is and if he wants to get bigger go grow... and you aired the dirty laundry out to dry and brought in other people completely unrelated... and shared information that was also completely unrelated as well...
Well we can go right back down this path again after agreeing to keep it out of the post if you want. You made a blunt post and I made one back whether it was directed to me to begin with is irrelevant. You insulted me, I insulted back I just hit harder and more personal.

My character got the forwarded mail so really other then a story Greneth tells on discord if you just ask him, info about guilds you were in once upon a time and other odd behaviors cant say which lines were crossed.

Johnny
Veteran

Post by Johnny » 31 May 2017 05:11

Cerin wrote:
Johnny wrote:Get better equipment
First its you dont want to fight the Myth, then its just get better equipment to fight them? Cmon now.
You asked a question and I gave you an answer, this game is geared towards those with bigger stats but you can compensate with better equipment and well chosen equipment for what you plan to do. I never said I didn't want to fight Myths. I don't want to fight THAT myth. The attack could also potentially bring my guild into a war that it doesn't want. I'm not going to volunteer my guild like that.

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 31 May 2017 08:07

Cerin wrote:
Amberlee wrote:What Dorrien says here.
Is 100% true.

Also.
One commander is expert and one is rising hero.
Only knight with size and experience is Chade whom is rarely any active, and I don't see that changing much forward as they are being hunted.
I mean.. Poke the bear and the bear pokes back.
Well no bear got poked, there was literally a letter saying. "Knights don't pay me enough attention, give me Ody's head or we go to war".
B.S.
Knights raided Nereka and staked every weapon in the ground and taunted the priesthood.
Knights messed up.
And now that the the check they wrote is bouncing, they are too afraid to face the consequences despite being offered help to re-build themselves.(aka recovery)

This isn't the first time this has happened either.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 31 May 2017 08:13

Johnny wrote:
Cerin wrote:But it all comes back to the same thing, every single time and in every single situation. Size. Its always about size. So what do you do?
Get better equipment

This is true.
I know of rising heros that fought off champions and heroes that fought off legends.
All because of equipment.
Yeah you don't go around fighting off insanely big players like Fluffy and Morrison when you are a hero, or even a fresh myth.
Not even with the proper equipment.
But think about it.
The difference between those and a fresh myth is like that of a fresh myth and an expert.
You want to be huge?
Go earn it.
Want to stay in place and RP with people while drinking kahve and munching cookies?
Do that.
That is however not earning your size, so don't complain about others who do.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/