Non-flamey Size Discussion

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Amberlee
Myth

Re: Non-flamey Size Discussion

Post by Amberlee » 31 May 2017 08:21

gold bezie wrote:i agree with the part of the four months myth allegation not true for the first chars of people. No new one can do that, and you all know it!!
And for everyone who loves to roleplay ( i admit im not that good with it) it should not be like that... get a new char, ask your friends to
make you big fast, you know how to solve the quests so no problem there.

I mean no problem if someone likes to do that... but is that what this game is really about?

I dont mind wars between guilds, as long as all stays within rp. Too much ive seen it about personal reasons...
Why kill a char of someone because another char of that person did something you think is wrong???
what is the rp of that...

btw i can understand why the wizards dont want to let people down who keeps the game alive for years, they deserve it to be bigger than anyone else, but they should understand that its not that easy for the really young ones who are still playing with their first char.
I have been in the game myself for 20+ years and I couldn't do it myself
Not because I don't possess the knowledge how to, but because I don't have the time or patience for it.
What I am saying is, it can be done.

That means that when you have been in the game for 2 years.. 3 years.
And you are still small. You had another focus.
It's not a better nor a worse focus.
We all play the game for our own reasons.
You do not however go and whine about those who make the effort to get big, becomming big.

Wars happen.
Side A did something side B did not like.
Side B makes demands and side A does not agree to those demands.
War ensues.
People die and some quit genesis.
Side B wins with a crushing victory.
This isn't good for the game at all.
But what is side B going to do when side A who made the transgression whines to everyone about it instead of saying "Ok we surrender.. We agree to the terms.." and ends the war?
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Alisa
Hero

Post by Alisa » 31 May 2017 08:31

Amberlee wrote:
Cerin wrote:
Amberlee wrote:What Dorrien says here.
Is 100% true.

Also.
One commander is expert and one is rising hero.
Only knight with size and experience is Chade whom is rarely any active, and I don't see that changing much forward as they are being hunted.
I mean.. Poke the bear and the bear pokes back.
Well no bear got poked, there was literally a letter saying. "Knights don't pay me enough attention, give me Ody's head or we go to war".
B.S.
Knights raided Nereka and staked every weapon in the ground and taunted the priesthood.
Knights messed up.
And now that the the check they wrote is bouncing, they are too afraid to face the consequences despite being offered help to re-build themselves.(aka recovery)

This isn't the first time this has happened either.

Amberlee, please learn how to timeline. The effect does not come before the cause.
1:Letter saying kill grandmaster and abandon honor, or be killed.
2:Knight retaliation as they see no other option.

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 31 May 2017 10:08

fix pvp! :D

Johnny
Veteran

Post by Johnny » 31 May 2017 19:59

I'm sure this has been said before and this post in probably best suited in another thread but how about a global war system. The guilds in the war, all members, are signed up and anyone else can participate by signing up for it. Players that are in the war and get killed by other warring players lose 0 xp.

Melarec
Rising Hero

Post by Melarec » 31 May 2017 20:38

Johnny wrote:I'm sure this has been said before and this post in probably best suited in another thread but how about a global war system. The guilds in the war, all members, are signed up and anyone else can participate by signing up for it. Players that are in the war and get killed by other warring players lose 0 xp.
Perhaps they should lose no general xp, but lose a bit of guild xp?

Dorrien
Adventurer

Post by Dorrien » 31 May 2017 20:48

This game was never advertised as pick up and run with it!! My first year I could hardly make it out of the Shire. That was FUN, the world was new and I didn't have a magic map to show me where the shop was or a Tutorial Island. We didn't complain like everyone does here now (We didn't have a forum) because there is a steep learning curve. We took notes, talked to knowledgeable players and died.... oh boy did we DIE. We mailed wizards "Wah, who made a quest that kills you if you are *****? Give me my xp back!" and we got the response "No way, that has been that way forever, welcome to that quest. Get back to it." I warn EVERY player I try to recruit that the first few months will be tedious and tiresome. The gamers who enjoy learning and understanding a game rather than being handed max level and nice gear stay, the rest move on to WoW or the like.

Finish the recodes, fix PvP and see where things fall.

Need I remind the complainers that Wizards do this shit for free? If you want myth bad enough to tell OTHERS to make it attainable for you, I think you can re-focus your energy and just go earn it like the rest of us. As Gorboth has shown, the average size is Expert-ish (correct me if info has changed), so go fight an expert, quit trying to kill Xar... it doesn't turn out well.

Like Johnny said, even if it isn't global war, take the xp loss away from dying via player. You lose all your gear and coins and herbs etc but not your size. This seems especially fair for the Knights who thought war with the PoTs was going to be a fruitful endeavor. This way you can't be hunted down to Novice and really after 2 kills what does the hunter have left to take? Your gear is gone and you are obviously easily killable. They will take your loot back to their guild write a letter of humiliation and move on until the next time Neraka is raided by a band of Experts. If we do not tread lightly, people will start complaining that a Mage engulfed them in flames for hunting the Haradrim...

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 31 May 2017 21:19

Neraka so OP.
The longest ever wagon ride for those guys lol. But they have a herald so boooorrrriiing.

Still I'm seriously impressed by the pluck of these Niggets.
Come on goodie characters rally around them! Help them instantly recover size and get back into the fight!!!

And in celebration of their bravery how about the wizards code an npc invasion on the town. Garren has long been scouting the way! So come on wizzies, Give the niggets some temporary means of fast travel to and from the city while the war is on haha
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

Ody
Hero

Post by Ody » 31 May 2017 22:02

Uh.. Hi. I'd like to clarify something. First, this is not a thread about the Knight/PoT war. That is an in game thing you are trying to use to represent my argument about a global system. If you'd like to talk about the war there are PMs and of course the game IC. Second I'm not stupid, we Knights are not stupid, every squire is told "We have enemies you will probably die eventually. We all do." Every single one.

And about the actual topic. My argument has never been "Give me myth for doing nothing!" I don't want myth for nothing. I have the same quest docs and satisfactory knowledge to get to myth if I wanted to really push and work at it. I think hero-titan is a fine level. It's where a lot of the game starts to open up. My argument is not me wanting it for nothing. My argument is make it easier to get to the mid-range levels, not, make the game a grindfest where you can get to myth in a day. And of course, a cap so mortal levels actually mean something.

I've accepted nothing is going to change and maybe you are right and it shouldn't. Fine. This has been dragged out a lot and I'm not going to argue anymore. It is the way it is and it will never change.

Dorrien
Adventurer

Post by Dorrien » 31 May 2017 22:14

Like I said in another post, I have never seen so many people reach the mid levels so quickly. EVER. It is a shame that people who don't know how tough it once was are driving the cause to make it easier. It is MUCH easier. This game requires the players to do things. If you start noticing that your level growth is slowing down, I will share a secret with you, QUEST! I don't care if you get ahold of the oh so illegal walkthroughs or you endure them entirely on your own. But Spending time saying it should be easier rather than being out there grinding is why you are where you are. It applies to real life as well. The grinders are out there working hard, while others complain about the system or taxes or global warming. Life's hard, do it hard.

P.S. I can be QUITE the complainer... At the end of the day though I only blame myself for the things I don't have.

Ody
Hero

Post by Ody » 31 May 2017 22:28

Okay, Dorrien. We disagree, that's fine. We both are entitled to our opinions. Just because it was even tougher before doesn't mean it is a good system now. But like I said, nothing is going to change, I've accepted that and the argument is old at this point.

I have nothing against you, btw. We just disagree and that's okay.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/