Non-flamey Size Discussion

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Dorrien
Adventurer

Re: Non-flamey Size Discussion

Post by Dorrien » 31 May 2017 22:57

Ody, I don't hate or even dislike you, I am just flamey. It is a fault of mine. Offer up a solid better solution then but you have a large player base who put in the work that once there, do not think it was overly difficult. I have probably said EVERYTHING the people I call complainers have said before. Does that make me a hypocrite? I don't think so, I think I have grown and learned that with a game like this you get to choose what you want to do and MOST people respect that. "Nah, I don't enjoy PvP can you not keep killing me?" They usually agree, but don't dare go attacking them later. The older generation is of a mindset it seems that size doesn't matter. We all know that it is essential for certain things but the game requires NOTHING of the player. You are not forced to be big to enjoy this game. There are players MUCH older than even I who are Great Adventurer. I have never heard them say getting big is too hard. They put their focus elsewhere.

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 01 Jun 2017 02:21

To be honest.
A hard cap on size is a bad idea.
It would quite simply chase away WAY too many old players as they would have nothing to gain anymore.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Ody
Hero

Post by Ody » 01 Jun 2017 02:38

Amberlee wrote:To be honest.
It would quite simply chase away WAY too many old players as they would have nothing to gain anymore.

Cerin mentioned giving them something else to grind for instead of stats. Though he didn't give any specific ideas. I think a hard cap is fine if you give them something else to do. But let's be honest. Any change would chase away at least somebody.

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 01 Jun 2017 15:29

Ody wrote:
Amberlee wrote:To be honest.

Cerin mentioned giving them something else to grind for instead of stats. Though he didn't give any specific ideas. I think a hard cap is fine if you give them something else to do. But let's be honest. Any change would chase away at least somebody.

Of course you think that's a good idea.
But I can assure you, it's not.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Zedex
Beginner

Post by Zedex » 01 Jun 2017 18:00

Amberlee wrote: It would quite simply chase away WAY too many old players as they would have nothing to gain anymore.
And what is wrong with that? As long there is steady influx of new players it really doesn't matter and in a way can be beneficial to the game.

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 01 Jun 2017 18:31

Because some players have made this place actually be a game for many years?

Zedex
Beginner

Post by Zedex » 01 Jun 2017 18:49

Amberlee wrote:Because some players have made this place actually be a game for many years?
I absolutely agree with you. Without them this game wouldn't survive years of stagnation. But as they become minority there is less and less reason for game cater to them.

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 01 Jun 2017 19:00

No they are still here and active as they always were.

Johnny
Veteran

Post by Johnny » 02 Jun 2017 07:36

I just don't see the point of creating a hard cap. It just sounds like smaller players want an even playing field. A hard cap only hurts older players.

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 02 Jun 2017 09:34

Even if you put a hard cap of supreme ++ or whatever.
Yes you could hit it on one or to stats
But to hit it on all stats would take a hella long time, even for current super myth. No?
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/