Non-flamey Size Discussion

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
gorboth
Site Admin

Re: Non-flamey Size Discussion

Post by gorboth » 06 Jun 2017 18:50

Thalric wrote:Can someone moderate this, or move parts of it to the flame section?
I think we have a deviation from the original course...

Yes, I was away this weekend and finally got back to read this thread. I have cleaned up the thread and nominated Dorrien and Cerin for inclusion as contestants in ABC's next season of The Bachelorette.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Shanoga
Wizard

Post by Shanoga » 06 Jun 2017 22:26

Tarax the Terrible wrote:I think the goal of speeding up growth of newer players but not devaluing the top levels was best expressed in the idea for caps for brutality for lower levels.
But this idea didn't do so well in the voting, so maybe not that many people care?
As someone who has played off and on (more off then on) for about 15 years, I want to put in my 2 cents on this part of the issue. I have created several new characters because I love to RP but always seem to hit a point (usually around expert/rising hero?) where I am way too small for the players who are on all the time and have outgrown the people I started with. The growth is good at the beginning, but once getting skills maxed and stats have slowed down...it doesn't feel like there is a ton to do. Sorry, that was a little off-topic.

When it comes to size, it would be great to help newer players level, but I really don't think it takes that long. My current character just hit adventurer after 45 hours, some of which was idle time (it hasn't felt NEARLY that long). The seasonal events are a great way to do things with more experienced players. I don't want to just pile work on wizards, but some sort of game/event within the game that would support players of multiple sizes is key. Maybe this exists and I don't know what it is. But I keep coming back to Genesis time and time again because I want to role-play and try new guilds and new character styles, but not do it alone. I have plenty of things I can do alone, but I want to do this socially and I feel like size is one of the biggest limiters of social interaction to a certain point.

I hope this wasn't just rambling and that it made some semblance of sense. I love you all!

Dorrien
Adventurer

Post by Dorrien » 07 Jun 2017 04:01

Gorboth, ONLY if Cerin and I get to share a room. I think if I play my cards right he will do just about anything I request ;)

Shanoga, agreed. There is a middle tier plateau but it just takes some effort and collaboration to push through. I am totally okay with a brute cap at like brutal for new players. OR maybe they complete the Tutorial Island they can choose to forfeit some perks (I have not idea which ones) in order to INSTANTLY become e vanilla titan human. Can Race change from there. Just an idea.

Kitriana
Champion

Post by Kitriana » 13 Jun 2017 23:19

Just was doing my check of the google chrome webclient reviews... This is pretty scathing. I don't know if some of you really realize just how much of an impact your hard stances have on new players. But I hope this is a wake up call.
Attachments
review.PNG
review.PNG (33.49 KiB) Viewed 2992 times
If something I wrote sounds confusing ... assume you misunderstood it.

Etanukar
Adept

Post by Etanukar » 13 Jun 2017 23:38

Genesis does not come with "IDKFA"
Get over it

Kitriana
Champion

Post by Kitriana » 13 Jun 2017 23:46

Who said I was suggesting there be a "IDKFA" --- this attitude of new players are lazy is really getting old.
If something I wrote sounds confusing ... assume you misunderstood it.

Melarec
Rising Hero

Post by Melarec » 14 Jun 2017 00:00

There's only two or three other reviews that are below five stars..
This i just one guy that had a particularly unpleasant experience.

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 14 Jun 2017 00:07

and that's not necessarily a true newbie either :D

Ody
Hero

Post by Ody » 14 Jun 2017 00:16

No, Melaric this is just one guy pissed off enough about it to write a review. Imagine how many didn't bother and just moved on? The review is scathing, yes, and I don't think his concerns should be ignored because it's just one.

Cerin
Wanderer

Post by Cerin » 14 Jun 2017 01:05

Etanukar wrote:Genesis does not come with "IDKFA"
Get over it
"The community is extremely toxic towards new players in this aspect too. If you even mention how unfair it is they basically lynch you, call the younger generation lazy etc etc."

Pretty sure that point was just proven. :lol:

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/