View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 15 Dec 2018 10:12

Forum rules


- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.



Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
The Amenities and some conversations save the game. 
Author Message
Beginner
User avatar

Joined: 13 Jun 2016 18:24
Posts: 13
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Hello Genesisers, yep Genesisers,

Some of you don't mind me and some don't like me, but that is ok, cause no one here is winning a popularity contest anyway... I just wanted to praise some aspects of the MUD actually and make it noted a few points for improvement, eloquently... This group should want to be more then the world's high school chess club, thus why have you put it back online and on Chrome Store to reach the masses, why does the website attempt to reach the masses? hmmmm? I am right and you are probably wrong in your logic cause you have been playing Genesis far far longer then me, but I have been playing everything else, far far longer then you, you are looking like the Nerds, among the nerds. Please try and grasp what will make your game succeed, and what will make your game fail, and fail hard, simply cause you are looking like no fun to the sane, non-masochistic society of the world, and if you continue to defend yourself you make yourselves look like the weakest nerds on earth, accept my criticism as constructive and nessecary, and never correct my spelling or grammar.

Pros:
  • Charity Box and Cadet's Racks - After automatically losing my most precious items a few times because of a said Glitch that is NOT armaggadon, a glitch no one cares to fix, thank God there are charity boxes to plunder and racks I can get gear from in the morning because if they're were not, this game would remain with it's horribly low player base.
  • Thank God for some players, offering a stimulating conversation.

Cons and Request for Updates and Bug Fixes:
  • No one wants to play a game rife with glitches, twitches, and bugs... even something like extremely anal syntax, i.e. one word combination being the right answer and multiple word combinations in case-coding not being the solution. The developers and contributors that change this game need to add more and simpler word combos to solve the puzzles in the game, or remain with a miserably low player base. I can imagine the ressurgence of this game coming forth with the idea 'the original players of this realm would like to reach out and try and make new player friends, more people from around the world should be playing Genesis, instead of World of Warcraft, etc... etc...' So not even for a minute assume I haven't already assessed the psychology behind this title even showing anywhere on earth beyond a private sector. (Make a personal note to you the reader, that most recently in the top Role Playing Game on Earth, World of Warcraft, that even it is losing it's popularity, because of a recent swarm of l33t asian players and hackers taking over the servers, so wherever the player is too good at the game, also be weary. No one wants to join battle grounds or do anything reputation based because of all the paid to play hardcore asian's making the whole system no fun... And a big point of RPGs or MMORPGs without being said/written is we all want to feel special somehow, by being at the top of the ladder, or by having the best toys.)
  • Once this elitest female elf sheen in a glowing aura and manacured perfectly asked me why I play if I am going to disrespect their culture...? pfffhhhhttt ... lol.... your culture? seriously? You understand that is mentally ill, correct? to think a MUDer, is like an actual culture, NO, you are just a typist gamer, and so what do you walk into a biker bar dressed all elitest and get mad at a biker for disrespecting your SNOB culture? I'm sorry mi'lady you are in a very bad place, metaphorically speaking of course, don't take it personal now...
    So... that being said, no one likes The Rennisance Festival that much anymore, some poor pirate children from a mean upbringing respect it as their Job, but no one respects it as a festival, sure some kids go to it with their weird parents, but it is a unpopular culture, so think about yourselves in a comedic light ok? don't put a level of seriousness behind yourselves as if you are part of a 'culture' or I may just sick a real 'culture' on ya'll.. lol... Being playful and talk modern english, Elizabethian english gets you a nut punch fool.
  • Fill out the damn maps, and don't excuse it with 'fill out your own maps, it's part of the fun!'... TO WHO? The nut-punched scientist who has a bookcase binder full of Maps he drew out with geometry tools in his dusty study in his house in the woods because maybe in Sweden he to himself thought that was cool? or did the crazy cat lady who hasn't had a man in 10 years but REALLY wants one kept that same folder in her filthy bedroom? Better check yourself before you wreck yourself and get with the times, I am trying to help you recover... As a developer, when there are many developers making fully graphical 3D games now, with fully drawn maps glistening in gold rims, so it's just laziness and needs to be caught up on, fill the maps...
  • Use Visual Stats and Numbers to describe the player's level of experience. Again ancient elizabethian explainations of things not cool to modern culture. Please brush up wherever you are from on Popular Culture, your 30 years behind here developers. No one or really slim pickin's want to play ancient D&D, not even Big Bang Theory boys played D&D, they played WoW, once. Come to America and see something if you have to, dang...
  • FIx broken quests... yes they are broken, why can't I join certain guilds, at all, continue them don't leave things dead and vacant.
  • Reduce boss/quest item refresh times to a max of 10 mins, they are on retard long timers, Eastern-european thinking... again = more frustrated players... frustrated players = abandoned characters? Ya know that? Most players on Earth want to master their games, they don't have the rest of their lives to play and are meaning to become well in REAL life, and of status in REAL LIFE, and not in a fantasy realm...

Really it's that some things need fixing, and are broken. Don't be so mad by my expressiveness in typing here, I may have the best form to express emotions of any human on Earth, but I am telling you this effects everyone who picks up your game and decides to give it a try, if you want to gain player population which it does seem as such, than seriously heed my advice.

Thank you for your time...
Kalvin B.

_________________
To Battle!!!,
Rising Cadet, and loyal fellow,
Kalvin Banesword


30 Jun 2016 01:09
Profile
Beginner
User avatar

Joined: 19 May 2016 06:21
Posts: 18
Kalvin Banesword wrote:
Once this elitest female elf sheen in a glowing aura and manacured perfectly asked me why I play if I am going to disrespect their culture...? pfffhhhhttt ... lol.... your culture? seriously? You understand that is mentally ill, correct? to think a MUDer, is like an actual culture, NO, you are just a typist gamer, and so what do you walk into a biker bar dressed all elitest and get mad at a biker for disrespecting your SNOB culture? I'm sorry mi'lady you are in a very bad place, metaphorically speaking of course, don't take it personal now...
So... that being said, no one likes The Rennisance Festival that much anymore, some poor pirate children from a mean upbringing respect it as their Job, but no one respects it as a festival, sure some kids go to it with their weird parents, but it is a unpopular culture, so think about yourselves in a comedic light ok? don't put a level of seriousness behind yourselves as if you are part of a 'culture' or I may just sick a real 'culture' on ya'll.. lol... Being playful and talk modern english, Elizabethian english gets you a nut punch fool.


Hi there! Me here, your 'elitist female elf.' You know, the girl you took it upon yourself to spank in the post, after she refused to introduce herself to you. You were calling me a goddess until we came at you for laying hands on someone who did not ask for it.

Short and sweet- I remember you getting slightly hostile, and coming at me for getting angry at you, and then I asked you why you joined this community, only to insult it often.
You sure do complain a lot.
Next time, don't touch a girl who does NOT want to be touched and then whip it around like she personally wronged you. Don't throw accusations around and tell people they're mentally ill. The word culture was never even brought up. And then don't hit up ntell with all sorts of insults and slurs.

I'm not addressing the rest of your post because honestly you give me a headache. Anything else to say, honestly, take it to the flames.


30 Jun 2016 03:30
Profile
Beginner
User avatar

Joined: 13 Jun 2016 18:24
Posts: 13
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Quote:
Hi there! Me here, your 'elitist female elf.' You know, the girl you took it upon yourself to spank in the post, after she refused to introduce herself to you. You were calling me a goddess until we came at you for laying hands on someone who did not ask for it.

Short and sweet- I remember you getting slightly hostile, and coming at me for getting angry at you, and then I asked you why you joined this community, only to insult it often. You sure do complain a lot.
Next time, don't touch a girl who does NOT want to be touched and then whip it around like she personally wronged you. Don't throw accusations around and tell people they're mentally ill. The word culture was never even brought up. And then don't hit up ntell with all sorts of insults and slurs.

I'm not addressing the rest of your post because honestly you give me a headache. Anything else to say, honestly, take it to the flames.


Hello, but we talked that through and you were the good conversation, remember the confusion involved there, it wasn't because you refused to introduce yourself, I just type <im> and that's all it takes but that wasn't why, I was under the impression you were someone else who gathers quite often in Sparkle, and you were around someone who knew that someone, who of which would have taken that rather light-heartedly as just testing the <emotes>.

This is what I mean by lighten up though.

_________________
To Battle!!!,
Rising Cadet, and loyal fellow,
Kalvin Banesword


30 Jun 2016 03:53
Profile
Apprentice

Joined: 10 Jun 2016 17:08
Posts: 41
Quote:
First post


• Technical issues, map, broken quests, bugs, ... @ learn code, Ascii arts, ... > Wizing > FIY ? Well we lacks of Wizards for sure, unfortunately they are not lazy but too busy so it is hopeless to hope they will less lazy and give us some more of their lifetime.
Orien loves bugs, you just dont know how to make fun out of them.

• Everything is support for Roleplaying. Spanks lady, guild not allow you to join, numeric extinction, even respawn rate ... is support for Roleplaying. Well Roleplayer not sit behind the screen and type type type, as how you always done I think ? They LIVE the character, yes like a kid IMAGINE they are super heroes and pirates are saving the universe in a Galaxy far far away and swing air blade around the rooms - THAT is Roleplaying and its fun, you dont agree ? Well you should watch Lords of the Rings, The Secret Life of Walter Mitty, Night at the Museum, ... and put yourself in the main character, if you unable to understand why we loves it then there is another topic to help.

There is nothing wrong about the game in general on this side of perspective, but on your side is hell wrong, so try to understand it like us and enjoy it ? I dont think we HAVE and NEED to do anything if the whole world doing it, if something change is because we want it. Why on Earth everyone identify themself " I'm belong to this culture " and uncontent about other peoples different with them, you can simply join their culture and ENJOY it like them too ? Ego problem ? I want to play MY GAME ? Anyway despite everything you still stay here and complain while others should have quit the game, that is impressive !!

_________________
Image

Orien are cute (Cool too) kender, if ya disagree with Orien, Orien agree with ya, Orien loves all ^bounce^


30 Jun 2016 07:59
Profile
Myth

Joined: 06 Mar 2012 00:14
Posts: 1679
Kalvin Banesword wrote:
Hello Genesisers, yep Genesisers,

Some of you don't mind me and some don't like me, but that is ok, cause no one here is winning a popularity contest anyway... I just wanted to praise some aspects of the MUD actually and make it noted a few points for improvement, eloquently... This group should want to be more then the world's high school chess club, thus why have you put it back online and on Chrome Store to reach the masses, why does the website attempt to reach the masses? hmmmm? I am right and you are probably wrong in your logic cause you have been playing Genesis far far longer then me, but I have been playing everything else, far far longer then you, you are looking like the Nerds, among the nerds. Please try and grasp what will make your game succeed, and what will make your game fail, and fail hard, simply cause you are looking like no fun to the sane, non-masochistic society of the world, and if you continue to defend yourself you make yourselves look like the weakest nerds on earth, accept my criticism as constructive and nessecary, and never correct my spelling or grammar.

Pros:
  • Charity Box and Cadet's Racks - After automatically losing my most precious items a few times because of a said Glitch that is NOT armaggadon, a glitch no one cares to fix, thank God there are charity boxes to plunder and racks I can get gear from in the morning because if they're were not, this game would remain with it's horribly low player base.
  • Thank God for some players, offering a stimulating conversation.

Cons and Request for Updates and Bug Fixes:
  • No one wants to play a game rife with glitches, twitches, and bugs... even something like extremely anal syntax, i.e. one word combination being the right answer and multiple word combinations in case-coding not being the solution. The developers and contributors that change this game need to add more and simpler word combos to solve the puzzles in the game, or remain with a miserably low player base. I can imagine the ressurgence of this game coming forth with the idea 'the original players of this realm would like to reach out and try and make new player friends, more people from around the world should be playing Genesis, instead of World of Warcraft, etc... etc...' So not even for a minute assume I haven't already assessed the psychology behind this title even showing anywhere on earth beyond a private sector. (Make a personal note to you the reader, that most recently in the top Role Playing Game on Earth, World of Warcraft, that even it is losing it's popularity, because of a recent swarm of l33t asian players and hackers taking over the servers, so wherever the player is too good at the game, also be weary. No one wants to join battle grounds or do anything reputation based because of all the paid to play hardcore asian's making the whole system no fun... And a big point of RPGs or MMORPGs without being said/written is we all want to feel special somehow, by being at the top of the ladder, or by having the best toys.)
  • Once this elitest female elf sheen in a glowing aura and manacured perfectly asked me why I play if I am going to disrespect their culture...? pfffhhhhttt ... lol.... your culture? seriously? You understand that is mentally ill, correct? to think a MUDer, is like an actual culture, NO, you are just a typist gamer, and so what do you walk into a biker bar dressed all elitest and get mad at a biker for disrespecting your SNOB culture? I'm sorry mi'lady you are in a very bad place, metaphorically speaking of course, don't take it personal now...
    So... that being said, no one likes The Rennisance Festival that much anymore, some poor pirate children from a mean upbringing respect it as their Job, but no one respects it as a festival, sure some kids go to it with their weird parents, but it is a unpopular culture, so think about yourselves in a comedic light ok? don't put a level of seriousness behind yourselves as if you are part of a 'culture' or I may just sick a real 'culture' on ya'll.. lol... Being playful and talk modern english, Elizabethian english gets you a nut punch fool.
  • Fill out the damn maps, and don't excuse it with 'fill out your own maps, it's part of the fun!'... TO WHO? The nut-punched scientist who has a bookcase binder full of Maps he drew out with geometry tools in his dusty study in his house in the woods because maybe in Sweden he to himself thought that was cool? or did the crazy cat lady who hasn't had a man in 10 years but REALLY wants one kept that same folder in her filthy bedroom? Better check yourself before you wreck yourself and get with the times, I am trying to help you recover... As a developer, when there are many developers making fully graphical 3D games now, with fully drawn maps glistening in gold rims, so it's just laziness and needs to be caught up on, fill the maps...
  • Use Visual Stats and Numbers to describe the player's level of experience. Again ancient elizabethian explainations of things not cool to modern culture. Please brush up wherever you are from on Popular Culture, your 30 years behind here developers. No one or really slim pickin's want to play ancient D&D, not even Big Bang Theory boys played D&D, they played WoW, once. Come to America and see something if you have to, dang...
  • FIx broken quests... yes they are broken, why can't I join certain guilds, at all, continue them don't leave things dead and vacant.
  • Reduce boss/quest item refresh times to a max of 10 mins, they are on retard long timers, Eastern-european thinking... again = more frustrated players... frustrated players = abandoned characters? Ya know that? Most players on Earth want to master their games, they don't have the rest of their lives to play and are meaning to become well in REAL life, and of status in REAL LIFE, and not in a fantasy realm...

Really it's that some things need fixing, and are broken. Don't be so mad by my expressiveness in typing here, I may have the best form to express emotions of any human on Earth, but I am telling you this effects everyone who picks up your game and decides to give it a try, if you want to gain player population which it does seem as such, than seriously heed my advice.

Thank you for your time...
Kalvin B.


The glitch that makes you loose gear... would this be "quitting"? Cause if so... its not a glitch, rack it, hide it, do whatever with your gear, only saving stuff last through logging out as intended

OFc noone does, but guess what, we have a limited volounteer workforce of wizards, so it takes times and if noone reports it it wont get done at all as they dont run around looking for them. They are way to busy with other things, but if they recieve a report, the are usually going to fix in the very second they have time.

Text-MUDS are a different culture :P You havent noticed we're not stressed with finishing everything in 2 seconds as in the no-brain needed graphic games?
I'm not even sure what you're doing here tbh, all you do is act like a douche :) Thats my job.

Again, limited wizard workforce. The maps are not prio 1, guild recodes are.

Noone gives a shit about whats cool -.- The english used is to give a certain feel to the game so people can get away from the retard web-english "Lol! W00t R u doen!?" etc should eat people a bullet to the head. Visual stats destroy all any any feel to the game, you might want to explore WoW, wich seems to be your arena.

Again, limited wizard workforce. Report whats broken, they will usually notify you if they are not working as intended and has been fixed, or if they are working and you're just messing up.

This is not a game you "master" so to speak. If a mob aint there, you run along and find something else and come back to check on that particular mob later, quests relevant mobs I do agree on tho, shold be a shorter timer unless they hold a powerfull item, they should be limited.

Honestly? Catering to people who NEED numbers and/or quests that are piss easy to solve (make them optional already?) Might need to check another game out as the stats as is should be as they are. DO you run around in RL saying "I have 50 str, I've grown fast!"? :P Like a fucking putz? ROleplaying is acting like a character would if you where it. You play a role.


I will say this again as you seem to have a major problem understanding.

VOLOUNTEER WIZARD WORKFORCE. LIMITED WORKFORCE. Running around acting like a complete prick, calling them lazy and giving them orders is what a complete retard would do, so grats, how about you skitter off and play Hello kitty adventure island or something, they probably have numbers and fulls maps etc etc


Last edited by Draugor on 30 Jun 2016 14:31, edited 1 time in total.



30 Jun 2016 09:52
Profile
Adept

Joined: 27 Jan 2016 18:42
Posts: 127
thank you for using time to play the game and for give us feedback. feedback of new player is gift

_________________
Somebody send this to me when I start:

Genesis Start Guide


30 Jun 2016 11:48
Profile WWW
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: 04 Mar 2010 04:36
Posts: 2691
Of course we want as many people as possible to enjoy playing it, and we do know there are a lot of things that could be improved and tweaked, but we're not a company with paid developers. We're just normal people making a game together, for fun.

Anyway, by calling us lazy you're calling yourself lazy too actually.:) As a player you're part of the Genesis community now, and in the end it's just as much YOUR responsibility to improve the game as it is mine. You want more maps? Instead of calling everyone else lazy, why don't you do it? That's how the current maps were done. Someone decided to simply volunteer and do it. It's not hard, all you need is notepad. If you want to make maps for us, you can contact me in-game and I'll show you how it's done.

As for glitches and bugs, have you notified wizards about them in game? We can't fix anything if we do not know it. I am definitely not aware of any bugs causing you to lose equipment and no other player has mentioned this at all. Anyway, IF there are major bugs and issues, or for that matter weird quest syntaxes (which I agree sometimes), there are two ways to get it fixed. 1. Become a wizard and do it yourself. <help wizapp>. 2. Describe the problem, and a potential solution, in as much detail as possible, and contact a wizard and offer to assist in any way possible to fix it, and hope someone has time to do it. The more you can offer to help, the better.


30 Jun 2016 11:59
Profile
Myth

Joined: 06 Mar 2012 00:14
Posts: 1679
Sykil wrote:
thank you for using time to play the game and for give us feedback. feedback of new player is gift



I'd agree if he'd refrain from bitching on wizards for beeing lazy when they dont devote 100% of their FREE TIME to fix what he wants done when they have ALOT more pressing matters that they are attending. He might want to report what he wants and tell them when and where, he's basically demanding wizards scour the 5000000000+ or so files gen is made up of just to fix syntaxes.

Numbers instead of statdescriptions is something I'm quite certain no wizard wants in the game, I sure as hell dont, neither do most of the players as far I have heard.


30 Jun 2016 14:29
Profile
Wanderer
User avatar

Joined: 03 Mar 2016 14:51
Posts: 69
Location: Felwinter's Peak
Look at the banner at the top of the page. Look what it says. 'Don't feed the trolls.' He obviously doesn't give a damn, and is just trying to get a reaction out of people.

_________________
We have some bad hombres in Vingaard Keep.


30 Jun 2016 15:01
Profile
Myth

Joined: 06 Mar 2012 00:14
Posts: 1679
Taro wrote:
Look at the banner at the top of the page. Look what it says. 'Don't feed the trolls.' He obviously doesn't give a damn, and is just trying to get a reaction out of people.


He more feels like one of those wow kiddies that hasnt been taught any sense of manner (and look whos saying it O_O) "Yo"


30 Jun 2016 16:42
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software.