View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 17 Oct 2018 21:38

Forum rules


- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.



Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Weekly Special - new day? 

The "Chef's Weekly Special" quest could be moved to a new day. What do you think?
Sunday 16%  16%  [ 5 ]
Monday 9%  9%  [ 3 ]
Tuesday 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Wednesday 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Thursday 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Friday (no change) 25%  25%  [ 8 ]
Saturday 44%  44%  [ 14 ]
Total votes : 32

Weekly Special - new day? 
Author Message
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: 03 Mar 2010 20:51
Posts: 2229
Location: Some old coffin
Flingbang suggested it be moved so that the 24 hour bonus can be more easily enjoyed on a day that works well. I'm not saying I would change it, but I am curious what would be people's ideal day.

G.

_________________
Mmmmmm ... pie ...


25 Oct 2016 18:36
Profile
Adventurer

Joined: 03 Jun 2016 02:23
Posts: 86
Saturday or Sunday I've found are the days where I have the most time to spend on Genesis.

_________________
There are three types of people: those who can count, and those who can't.


25 Oct 2016 20:03
Profile
Myth

Joined: 06 Mar 2012 00:14
Posts: 1660
Imo, just make it once per week and people wouldnt need to worry about the day.


25 Oct 2016 21:37
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: 03 Mar 2010 20:51
Posts: 2229
Location: Some old coffin
Draugor wrote:
Imo, just make it once per week and people wouldnt need to worry about the day.


Not going to do this. As Zestana explained in the other thread on this topic, the intention here was to study the effects of a quest such as this on the population of the playerbase for a 24 hour period.

G.

_________________
Mmmmmm ... pie ...


25 Oct 2016 21:50
Profile
Hero
User avatar

Joined: 18 Apr 2015 03:28
Posts: 385
Location: Vingaard Keep
gorboth wrote:
Draugor wrote:
Imo, just make it once per week and people wouldnt need to worry about the day.


Not going to do this. As Zestana explained in the other thread on this topic, the intention here was to study the effects of a quest such as this on the population of the playerbase for a 24 hour period.

G.


And you don't have enough data to have your answer on the effects by now after the years it's been in the game?

_________________
They denied that wealth could be printed, they denied that lunches were free;
They denied that Wishes were Horses; they denied that a Pig had Wings;
So we worshipped the Gods of of the Market Who promised these beautiful things.


25 Oct 2016 22:35
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: 03 Mar 2010 20:51
Posts: 2229
Location: Some old coffin
It is an ongoing study. The game and its population has changed. I'd like to continue seeing what this sort of quest, as originally designed, does. If we change the day, and the effect changes, that is interesting.

G.

_________________
Mmmmmm ... pie ...


26 Oct 2016 00:13
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: 03 Mar 2010 20:51
Posts: 2229
Location: Some old coffin
Alright. A clear majority would like it on Saturday. I've changed it. Lets run that for a few Armageddon cycles and see how it plays out.

G.

_________________
Mmmmmm ... pie ...


26 Oct 2016 22:06
Profile
Rising Hero
User avatar

Joined: 16 Nov 2014 23:10
Posts: 336
Gorboth!

Remember in your ongoing study about players in the realm, that this event promotes idling. You will get a higher attendance, even from players not playing, because they stay idle somewhere to avoid loosing the effect.

My guess would be that the attendance number would drop slightly if the effect was converted to permanent for 24 hours.(And be more eco friendly, because some people would turn of their computers :lol: )
Code-wise, you do have items ingame that lasts 24 hours, and save, so a change would be easy.


28 Oct 2016 09:22
Profile
Apprentice

Joined: 21 Mar 2011 21:23
Posts: 45
Alisa wrote:
Gorboth!

Remember in your ongoing study about players in the realm, that this event promotes idling. You will get a higher attendance, even from players not playing, because they stay idle somewhere to avoid loosing the effect.

My guess would be that the attendance number would drop slightly if the effect was converted to permanent for 24 hours.(And be more eco friendly, because some people would turn of their computers :lol: )
Code-wise, you do have items ingame that lasts 24 hours, and save, so a change would be easy.


Nice idea.


28 Oct 2016 14:39
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: 03 Mar 2010 20:51
Posts: 2229
Location: Some old coffin
Easy, but not going to happen.

Maybe I like idlers. Huh?

Don't you remember who it was that created the Turkey Petting Event?? ;-)

G.

_________________
Mmmmmm ... pie ...


28 Oct 2016 15:38
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Didrik and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software.