Weekly Special - new day?

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.

The "Chef's Weekly Special" quest could be moved to a new day. What do you think?

Sunday
15%
Monday
9%
Tuesday
No votes
Wednesday
3%
Thursday
3%
Friday (no change)
24%
Saturday
45%

Total votes: 33

gorboth
Site Admin

Weekly Special - new day?

Post by gorboth » 25 Oct 2016 18:36

Flingbang suggested it be moved so that the 24 hour bonus can be more easily enjoyed on a day that works well. I'm not saying I would change it, but I am curious what would be people's ideal day.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Emmiline Calaith
Adventurer

Re: Weekly Special - new day?

Post by Emmiline Calaith » 25 Oct 2016 20:03

Saturday or Sunday I've found are the days where I have the most time to spend on Genesis.
There are three types of people: those who can count, and those who can't.

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 25 Oct 2016 21:37

Imo, just make it once per week and people wouldnt need to worry about the day.

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 25 Oct 2016 21:50

Draugor wrote:Imo, just make it once per week and people wouldnt need to worry about the day.
Not going to do this. As Zestana explained in the other thread on this topic, the intention here was to study the effects of a quest such as this on the population of the playerbase for a 24 hour period.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Ody
Hero

Post by Ody » 25 Oct 2016 22:35

gorboth wrote:
Draugor wrote:Imo, just make it once per week and people wouldnt need to worry about the day.
Not going to do this. As Zestana explained in the other thread on this topic, the intention here was to study the effects of a quest such as this on the population of the playerbase for a 24 hour period.

G.
And you don't have enough data to have your answer on the effects by now after the years it's been in the game?

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 26 Oct 2016 00:13

It is an ongoing study. The game and its population has changed. I'd like to continue seeing what this sort of quest, as originally designed, does. If we change the day, and the effect changes, that is interesting.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 26 Oct 2016 22:06

Alright. A clear majority would like it on Saturday. I've changed it. Lets run that for a few Armageddon cycles and see how it plays out.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Alisa
Hero

Post by Alisa » 28 Oct 2016 09:22

Gorboth!

Remember in your ongoing study about players in the realm, that this event promotes idling. You will get a higher attendance, even from players not playing, because they stay idle somewhere to avoid loosing the effect.

My guess would be that the attendance number would drop slightly if the effect was converted to permanent for 24 hours.(And be more eco friendly, because some people would turn of their computers :lol: )
Code-wise, you do have items ingame that lasts 24 hours, and save, so a change would be easy.

Pasha
Apprentice

Post by Pasha » 28 Oct 2016 14:39

Alisa wrote:Gorboth!

Remember in your ongoing study about players in the realm, that this event promotes idling. You will get a higher attendance, even from players not playing, because they stay idle somewhere to avoid loosing the effect.

My guess would be that the attendance number would drop slightly if the effect was converted to permanent for 24 hours.(And be more eco friendly, because some people would turn of their computers :lol: )
Code-wise, you do have items ingame that lasts 24 hours, and save, so a change would be easy.
Nice idea.

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 28 Oct 2016 15:38

Easy, but not going to happen.

Maybe I like idlers. Huh?

Don't you remember who it was that created the Turkey Petting Event?? ;-)

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/