Goblins...goblins everywhere!

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Arman
Wizard

Re: Goblins...goblins everywhere!

Post by Arman » 24 Nov 2016 00:10

Arman wrote:
Kvator wrote:
Arman wrote:
Just thought i'd flag for census accuracy sake... some orcs are actually sub-elves, not sub-goblins.
yes and you can turn minotaur from human and dwarf as well....

but that was not the point - the point was ridiculous physical boost that goblins have that is not backed by basically anything....

but if you already pointed it out - yeah, the fact that elves can turn orc and keep elven mentals is another crap (yes orcs were elves once according to mr. Tolkien, but I am not sure if they should keep elven intelligence - according to the same source).... it's quite easy to figure out for which guild's benefit it was made :).....especially when orcs are allowed for the positions of power within this guild that should be like super-human-exlusive....even more than Thanar!..... I wonder if such hotfix can be done for Knights, so I can get goblin stats :)
Maybe goblins with human/Solamnian ancestry? Half-humans, much in the same vein as half-elves? It has been dark times in Krynn since the Cataclysm, in particular for those Solamnians bordering on the goblin nations (e.g. Throtyl) to the east. Halfbreed progeny of goblin raiders would be as common as exiles. So not out of the question roleplay-wise.

Although I doubt the purists within the Knightly Order would allow them to progress beyond Knight of the Crown.

An option would need to be built in to the Krynn racial guild, because such a racial option currently doesn't exist (or does it? may have to check that). But I am open to it if the knighthood is, and the admin have no issues with such a modification.
I have strong feeling that I am being trolled here :D and I do respect that! trololololololo[/quote]

No troll, serious offer.

While humans are the typical race of Solamnian knights, there are allowances for other races in the lore. The guild's current racial restrictions are a bit ad hoc (dwarves and half-elves can join for example) yet elves can't... ironic, as in the books the knight's greatest general of the War of the Lance was a female elf.

And the guild isn't strictly purist roleplay wise with other aspects of the game such as their layman options - which I think is fine - otherwise the knight's deep distrust for magic would exclude them from guilds such as the Elementals.

Ody
Hero

Post by Ody » 24 Nov 2016 04:03

I don't see any harm in opening it up to elves. They suck at fighting but rp wise I could accept it. Not goblin anything though.

kirsach
Wanderer

Post by kirsach » 24 Nov 2016 09:36

And what about Minotaurs? Why they are treat as other version of goblins since they can have also human and dwarf soul?

Dread
Great Adventurer

Post by Dread » 24 Nov 2016 09:40

Ody wrote:I don't see any harm in opening it up to elves. They suck at fighting but rp wise I could accept it. Not goblin anything though.
Tsk tsk. Your bigotry is clearly a personal decision. It certainly doesn't reflect history.

Alisa
Hero

Post by Alisa » 24 Nov 2016 15:43

Dread wrote:
Ody wrote:I don't see any harm in opening it up to elves. They suck at fighting but rp wise I could accept it. Not goblin anything though.
Tsk tsk. Your bigotry is clearly a personal decision. It certainly doesn't reflect history.
Knigths from this timeline in the books were certainly a huge bunch of bigots, with strict beliefs that only they were right and all others were wrong. They were basically nobles, acting with a background. And religion isnt there either.

Some stand out, but they were either the heroes of the tale, or top brass.

Mersereau
Champion

Post by Mersereau » 24 Nov 2016 18:25

Ody wrote:Half-goblins, eh? Interesting idea. Not for the Knighthood, but for the game at least.
I'm sure Aaron would have been down for this.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die."
-Mel Brooks

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 24 Nov 2016 19:31

Mersereau wrote:
Ody wrote:Half-goblins, eh? Interesting idea. Not for the Knighthood, but for the game at least.
I'm sure Aaron would have been down for this.
Hee hee! Ah, memories. I lived in a dorm next to Jeremiah, Liege of Krynn at that time, and he would spit fire whenever I brought Aaron up to him.

Sort of how I felt when Chmee was allowed to be one of the Nine Nazgul as a goblin.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Kas
Legend

Post by Kas » 25 Nov 2016 14:13

Orcs/goblins in MM is an old concept. It dates back to 1996-7, with possible Chmee being the first one wearing the robe.
Might and Glory flaming for changing dawn, ancient power revealed of an iron crown, clear and cold and shining so far and bright, crush the world in one clash of your binding light.

Gû kîbum kelkum-ishi, burzum-ishi. Akha - gûm-ishi ashi gurum!

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 25 Nov 2016 17:07

Kas wrote:Orcs/goblins in MM is an old concept. It dates back to 1996-7, with possible Chmee being the first one wearing the robe.
Chmee was indeed the first. My own history with that fact is something that nearly cost me my Genesis career because I hated it so much. Heh.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Rincon
Great Adventurer

Post by Rincon » 26 Nov 2016 00:24

Back to topic please (you too granddad :P). I'd like to hear wizards' opinion on racial stat modifiers. Do you think they are balanced? Especially the fact that goblins don't have any drawbacks in combat stats.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/