Goblins...goblins everywhere!

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Dread
Great Adventurer

Re: Goblins...goblins everywhere!

Post by Dread » 23 Nov 2016 00:14

Arman wrote:I think the diversity of races is also impacted pretty heavily by the guild offerings for players. The vast majority cater to fighter guilds relying on physical stats, and the lack of access to magic guild options... particularly occupational.

Goblins are particularly bad with magic. So when this guild dynamic changes and magic options start expanding, I wonder if we'll be having a similar discussion in the future about the prevalence of elves and gnomes?

I am sure that will happen, by christmas®...

**Almost forgot my trademark, don't wanna get sued.

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 23 Nov 2016 02:36

Dread wrote:I am sure that will happen, by christmas®...

No no no! There is no TM for "by Christmas" the trademark, earned by Xarguul back when he promised the opening of the Immortal domain, is "Before Christmas." Let's get our history correct!

That being said, in this case, the phrase might actually hold. Stay tuned, magic lovers ...

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Arman
Wizard

Post by Arman » 23 Nov 2016 03:25

Kvator wrote:i've typed 'who' f a moment ago:
12 out of 24 players i have remembered (myself included) are either goblin or goblin sub-race (minotaur, orc).

That's nothing unusual - and everyone is probably aware of the issue that around 50% of 'bigger players' (I've noticed that lot's of newcommers are elves :D) is a goblin these days. I believe it is pretty crappy when we have 6 races to choose from. One might guess that something went wrong in term of race balance (that is actually one of the reasons why for example Knights are behind in terms of power - humans and dwarves suck when compared to goblins!).

I can understand some imbalances, when they're backed up by anything reasonable. So I went google! I typed "goblin" and clicked on 'graphics' tab. Here is the result:

https://www.google.pl/search?q=goblin&e ... wQ_AUIBigB

When it comes to stats in genesis they basically take best stuff from dwarves (strength and constitution) with dexterity of a human? How? Why? Who made these green midgets look like dwarf-human hybrid on this mud?

It is ridiculous!

I am aware that nothing will change here - just wanted to went a bit! :D
Just thought i'd flag for census accuracy sake... some orcs are actually sub-elves, not sub-goblins.

Arman
Wizard

Post by Arman » 23 Nov 2016 03:39

Dread wrote:
Arman wrote:I think the diversity of races is also impacted pretty heavily by the guild offerings for players. The vast majority cater to fighter guilds relying on physical stats, and the lack of access to magic guild options... particularly occupational.

Goblins are particularly bad with magic. So when this guild dynamic changes and magic options start expanding, I wonder if we'll be having a similar discussion in the future about the prevalence of elves and gnomes?

I am sure that will happen, by christmas®...

What Gorboth said. Plus something something this time next year obvious magical guild renaissance something something many more options. And someone said something about rangers.

/end poor attempt at being mysterious or sensical

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 23 Nov 2016 04:26

Arman wrote:
Just thought i'd flag for census accuracy sake... some orcs are actually sub-elves, not sub-goblins.
yes and you can turn minotaur from human and dwarf as well....

but that was not the point - the point was ridiculous physical boost that goblins have that is not backed by basically anything....

but if you already pointed it out - yeah, the fact that elves can turn orc and keep elven mentals is another crap (yes orcs were elves once according to mr. Tolkien, but I am not sure if they should keep elven intelligence - according to the same source).... it's quite easy to figure out for which guild's benefit it was made :).....especially when orcs are allowed for the positions of power within this guild that should be like super-human-exlusive....even more than Thanar!..... I wonder if such hotfix can be done for Knights, so I can get goblin stats :)

Arman
Wizard

Post by Arman » 23 Nov 2016 07:18

Kvator wrote:
Arman wrote:

but that was not the point - the point was ridiculous physical boost that goblins have that is not backed by basically anything....

but if you already pointed it out - yeah, the fact that elves can turn orc and keep elven mentals is another crap (yes orcs were elves once according to mr. Tolkien, but I am not sure if they should keep elven intelligence - according to the same source).... it's quite easy to figure out for which guild's benefit it was made :).....especially when orcs are allowed for the positions of power within this guild that should be like super-human-exlusive....even more than Thanar!..... I wonder if such hotfix can be done for Knights, so I can get goblin stats :)
Maybe goblins with human/Solamnian ancestry? Half-humans, much in the same vein as half-elves? It has been dark times in Krynn since the Cataclysm, in particular for those Solamnians bordering on the goblin nations (e.g. Throtyl) to the east. Halfbreed progeny of goblin raiders would be as common as exiles. So not out of the question roleplay-wise.

Although I doubt the purists within the Knightly Order would allow them to progress beyond Knight of the Crown.

An option would need to be built in to the Krynn racial guild, because such a racial option currently doesn't exist (or does it? may have to check that). But I am open to it if the knighthood is, and the admin have no issues with such a modification.

Ody
Hero

Post by Ody » 23 Nov 2016 07:23

Half-goblins, eh? Interesting idea. Not for the Knighthood, but for the game at least.

Jooli
Adept

Post by Jooli » 23 Nov 2016 17:02

Jooli was hobbit forever, until it was time to join other guilds than the neutral ones. The only evil guild to accept hobbits were Khiraa back in the day. So I had to change race. The reason for selecting races are not purely based on a stat equation, but also on available options.

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 23 Nov 2016 20:52

Ody wrote:Half-goblins, eh? Interesting idea. Not for the Knighthood, but for the game at least.
Karkadelt and his story (for those who felt like reading the journals carefully) is an example of this.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 23 Nov 2016 21:36

Jooli wrote:Jooli was hobbit forever, until it was time to join other guilds than the neutral ones. The only evil guild to accept hobbits were Khiraa back in the day. So I had to change race. The reason for selecting races are not purely based on a stat equation, but also on available options.
Well....being aware of the fact that stat-usage in combat was change (basicaly biiiig dex buff) and the fact that hobbits used to be pretty neat (not only in Calias as it is today but in most 'fighter' guild) one can have impression that you have choosen imba race long time ago...then turn into another imba race when the changes were made ;)))
Arman wrote:
Kvator wrote:
Arman wrote:

Maybe goblins with human/Solamnian ancestry? Half-humans, much in the same vein as half-elves? It has been dark times in Krynn since the Cataclysm, in particular for those Solamnians bordering on the goblin nations (e.g. Throtyl) to the east. Halfbreed progeny of goblin raiders would be as common as exiles. So not out of the question roleplay-wise.

Although I doubt the purists within the Knightly Order would allow them to progress beyond Knight of the Crown.

An option would need to be built in to the Krynn racial guild, because such a racial option currently doesn't exist (or does it? may have to check that). But I am open to it if the knighthood is, and the admin have no issues with such a modification.
I have strong feeling that I am being trolled here :D and I do respect that! trololololololo

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/