Goblins...goblins everywhere!

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Kvator
Champion

Goblins...goblins everywhere!

Post by Kvator » 22 Nov 2016 21:12

i've typed 'who' f a moment ago:
12 out of 24 players i have remembered (myself included) are either goblin or goblin sub-race (minotaur, orc).

That's nothing unusual - and everyone is probably aware of the issue that around 50% of 'bigger players' (I've noticed that lot's of newcommers are elves :D) is a goblin these days. I believe it is pretty crappy when we have 6 races to choose from. One might guess that something went wrong in term of race balance (that is actually one of the reasons why for example Knights are behind in terms of power - humans and dwarves suck when compared to goblins!).

I can understand some imbalances, when they're backed up by anything reasonable. So I went google! I typed "goblin" and clicked on 'graphics' tab. Here is the result:

https://www.google.pl/search?q=goblin&e ... wQ_AUIBigB

When it comes to stats in genesis they basically take best stuff from dwarves (strength and constitution) with dexterity of a human? How? Why? Who made these green midgets look like dwarf-human hybrid on this mud?

It is ridiculous!

I am aware that nothing will change here - just wanted to went a bit! :D

Irk
Rising Hero

Re: Goblins...goblins everywhere!

Post by Irk » 22 Nov 2016 21:21

I agree, someone created great warrior stats and named it goblin based on nothing :)

Dread
Great Adventurer

Post by Dread » 22 Nov 2016 21:53

Irk wrote:I agree, someone created great warrior stats and named it goblin based on nothing :)
Wait, is it time to have this argument again already? I thought it wasn't for another couple of months at least, have to check my calendar I guess...

** Please note that I agree wholeheartedly. Goblin/BDA everywhere you look! However, just as much progress was made the last time this was brought up as was made in that Mages are OP thread.

nils
Titan

Post by nils » 22 Nov 2016 21:58

Nil Mortifi Sine Lucre

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 22 Nov 2016 22:31

Dread wrote:
Irk wrote:I agree, someone created great warrior stats and named it goblin based on nothing :)
Wait, is it time to have this argument again already? I thought it wasn't for another couple of months at least, have to check my calendar I guess...

** Please note that I agree wholeheartedly. Goblin/BDA everywhere you look! However, just as much progress was made the last time this was brought up as was made in that Mages are OP thread.
Well to clear things - I don't want to start another BDA thread (there was a big one couple days ago on FB) - this one is exclusively for gobbos since they're best (by far*) race to pick when you are:

BDA, RDA, AA, mercenary, gladiator and monk :) (and would be best in Neidars and Knights if allowed!)

* remove 'by far' for glads and knights :)

Dread
Great Adventurer

Post by Dread » 22 Nov 2016 22:40

I don't know anything about the BDA thread, I don't have a FB account. I was talking about the races threads from a while ago on the forums. There was a large extended argument about it. Nothing, however, was ever done. There was some talk of "but goblins cannot do like 10 whole quests!!!" Much the same as the mage thread, where we got to hear about REALLY hard RP and apprenticeships as a balancing factor.

As I said before though, I completely agree with you. I just think we need to make peace with the fact that balance isn't important anymore, and move on. I am sure many disagree.

*** Of course there is hyperbole involved here. The core truths remain the same. ***

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 22 Nov 2016 22:57

Dread wrote: I just think we need to make peace with the fact that balance isn't important anymore, and move on. I am sure many disagree.
and that's why I added the last sentence in the very first post :)

Ody
Hero

Post by Ody » 22 Nov 2016 23:06

"Balance doesn't matter."

Sad but true.

Dread
Great Adventurer

Post by Dread » 22 Nov 2016 23:14

Kvator wrote:
Dread wrote: I just think we need to make peace with the fact that balance isn't important anymore, and move on. I am sure many disagree.
and that's why I added the last sentence in the very first post :)

Bah! That's a cop-out. The only reason to post on a forum is to garner a response!

;)

Arman
Wizard

Post by Arman » 22 Nov 2016 23:58

I think the diversity of races is also impacted pretty heavily by the guild offerings for players. The vast majority cater to fighter guilds relying on physical stats, and the lack of access to magic guild options... particularly occupational.

Goblins are particularly bad with magic. So when this guild dynamic changes and magic options start expanding, I wonder if we'll be having a similar discussion in the future about the prevalence of elves and gnomes?

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/