How deep is Genesis?

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Gadersd
Novice

How deep is Genesis?

Post by Gadersd » 07 Feb 2017 22:09

I was originally interested in Avalon, but switched to Genesis after learning of Avalon's pay to win aspect. The depth of Avalon attracted me to the game: the player run governments, farming crops, buying houses, and leading armies. Does Genesis have these features, or at least something similar? I have only played Genesis for a few days, but have yet to see anything beyond grinding and questing.
Last edited by Gadersd on 08 Feb 2017 01:46, edited 1 time in total.

Drazson
Titan

Re: How deep is Genesis?

Post by Drazson » 07 Feb 2017 23:14

No housing, no running the state, no running the state's armies.

There are occupational guilds in the game that you become part of only 1, usually through some RP and apprenticeship so it actually counts for something that you are a member, both to you and others in the guild. The guilds may fight with eachother (good vs bad for example) and have player made alliances and pacts (that can be broken) but it is all player run. (So I can be alliance leader of X and I may scribe alliance pact with Y or but my player may kill a player from Y and we get to be in trouble and probably have the player punished, even kicked and never accepted again).

I know it's not what you asked for but it's how it works more or less for Genesis. I am not very experienced though so I would wait for another's answer as well.

Emmiline Calaith
Adventurer

Post by Emmiline Calaith » 08 Feb 2017 04:04

Quite frankly I've found that the depth of the game is not fully apparent until you start deliberately looking for secrets, and until you join a guild or guilds that have a rich lore themselves. Many guilds have sections of their library that only members and/or trainees can access, and so on. But it also depends on the player itself. If you're someone who enjoys roleplay and is dedicated to using the lore around you, it can become quite deep. The secrets are always pretty interesting as well.

Hope this helps!
There are three types of people: those who can count, and those who can't.

Gadersd
Novice

Post by Gadersd » 08 Feb 2017 21:27

Thanks for the replies. It seems that Genesis isn't quite for me. I suppose I will continue my search.

Emmiline Calaith
Adventurer

Post by Emmiline Calaith » 09 Feb 2017 00:33

Gadersd wrote:Thanks for the replies. It seems that Genesis isn't quite for me. I suppose I will continue my search.
Sorry to hear that. Good luck with your search, though. Hope you find what you're looking for. (:
There are three types of people: those who can count, and those who can't.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/