Domain Ignorance

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Kitriana
Champion

Domain Ignorance

Post by Kitriana » 19 Jun 2016 23:58

Question goes out to everyone ..

If you have someone who has a casual play style and doesn't spend the time to learn the rules and expectations of a domain because they don't have the time to invest. But just come to Genesis to hang out with their friends ... Do you think they should be held to a different standard in respect to someone who plays the game a lot and would have time to figure those things out? IE -- do you think they deserve lighter punishments .. or more reprieves - especially if it is a first time offense? Or .. do you think the same rules apply to all. If you break the rules .. you deal with the consequences and OOC reasons don't matter.

thoughts .. opinions .. ?
If something I wrote sounds confusing ... assume you misunderstood it.

Gronkas
Beginner

Re: Domain Ignorance

Post by Gronkas » 20 Jun 2016 00:47

In my opinion that would pretty much depend on what the offense is. Without more details it is kind of hard to tell. Are we talking about somebody giving guild secrets away on <ntell> or somebody talking ooc when they should be ic?
In any case I would alway opt for a more lenient approach first since none of us are holy. Ok, wait. Actually ...

Ody
Hero

Post by Ody » 20 Jun 2016 01:21

A rule breaker is a rule breaker. You shouldn't have to bend your rp just because someone doesn't know.

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 05 May 2017 23:33

I bet I know what this is about.

I will lay 2 to 1 odds in Sybarun coins that someone killed the Overseer in caves and became enemy of SU.
Which is a retarded way to end up on the most advanced of any enemy system. I mean if a SU walked by at the time fine, but automatic is dumb imo.
From that day on the enemy system changes how that realm treats you and other stuff when u visit but will leave that to ppl to find out.

I did it. Entirely ignorant I was doing anything that might be deemed wrong by a bunch of haughty falchion is my birthright unionites.

Only way off is communication with the guild.
Dying doesn't sort it.. Found that out when a friend led me into Jadestone Doll's room. She doesn't like SU enemies.
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

Alisa
Hero

Post by Alisa » 12 May 2017 19:39

Tarax the Terrible wrote:I bet I know what this is about.

Which is a retarded way to end up on the most advanced of any enemy system. I mean if a SU walked by at the time fine, but automatic is dumb imo.
From that day on the enemy system changes how that realm treats you and other stuff when u visit but will leave that to ppl to find out.
While it makes for harder gameplay, its immersion value is good. Personally, i would think this effect should be spread... I always disliked that npc's just go about their buisness while you are slaughthering their kids next to them, and forgot who you are if you leave the room once.

Of course, it makes the game harder for those roaming more carelessly. Or slaughthering the donut :-)

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/