Brainstorming: Dis

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Re: Brainstorming: Dis

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 19 May 2017 22:22

Alisa wrote: -Increasing the gain of guildstat(a disciplined mind learns faster) - I assume the basic xp system can be tweaked to do this, otherwise its a no-no as i dont see anyone rewriting all guilds.
Anything increasing guildstat gain I like.
Fcking brute
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

Cerin
Wanderer

Post by Cerin » 19 May 2017 23:25

Problem is, if its not worth it no one is going to focus on it. Which i think is the ultimate goal, to create new stat builds. If were looking at it from a purely supplemental perspective then it really doesnt matter what it is. If youre wanting to change it so that people take it as a primary focus then it has to be comparable to hitting harder, hitting more, dodging, spellcast power, mana pool or HP/Mana regen.

Thats going to mean a global boost either way you look at it and if it doesnt impact combat in some way, shape or form no one will think twice about taking it over one of the other more useful options.

So the biggest question is are we looking to make this a focus stat or just a nice boost for those who have it naturally and smaller boost for those with a penalty?

Thalric
Rising Hero

Post by Thalric » 19 May 2017 23:50

Further in that equation is if the racial modifiers are going to affect this?

I wouldn't think a dwarf should get any bonus from this, just because they get more dis as a race.
If the dwarf doesn't focus on it with xp, which is the real kicker, no bonus.

So a goblin should be just as likely to gain a bonus, if preferences are moved from physicals to dis.

Cerin
Wanderer

Post by Cerin » 20 May 2017 00:03

Thalric wrote:Further in that equation is if the racial modifiers are going to affect this?

I wouldn't think a dwarf should get any bonus from this, just because they get more dis as a race.
If the dwarf doesn't focus on it with xp, which is the real kicker, no bonus.

So a goblin should be just as likely to gain a bonus, if preferences are moved from physicals to dis.
That would be completely different then any other stat just for the sake of catering to a goblin who is already hands down the BEST fighter race. No others are even comparable without a specialized guild for non goblin races. You should most definitely get a bonus for choosing a race that has a + to a dumpstat.

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 20 May 2017 00:58

Yeah, I don't see your point at all, Thalric.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Ody
Hero

Post by Ody » 20 May 2017 01:13

If the idea is to give discipline a more important function on par with the others then why not make it stack with defense and parry to influence how well you block by a small amount. More disciplined warriors are better at standing their ground and defending themselves than lesser warriors. Don't make it a crazy boost or anything. Just enough so it's noticeable at higher levels.

Sibbedidenn
Adept

Post by Sibbedidenn » 20 May 2017 02:10

I wanna start and say sorry! SORRY! SORRY!!! for reviving an old convo on an even older thread... BUT I love the idea and I know if these following changes were made I would go set dis as my prim focus, if not sec:

1. after you get dis to a certain point, naturally, as you are more disciplined you now have the ability to "super focus" on only one stat at a time if you wish. A feat of much discipline for sure.

2. (this is far reached but) Let's say you have mastered the skill or, even have it somewhat there, imagine with me the following scenario:

You have died
The big bad scary monster killed you
You see Death
As you descend to meet him, you use the momentum and get a disciplined kick off Death's face. You ascend like an eagle through the skies of hades and find yourself back in your own body.
You attack the big bad scary monster

ya da ya da ya da

You are barely alive
The big bad scary monster is dead
You killed him

Now come on, wouldn't that be cool? huh. I think you should only come back with half health. But we all know a disciplined warrior never gives up. Or he knows when to give up depending on how you look at it, haha, not the point. For your consideration and in all modesty I submit these ideas.

-Sib
Last edited by Sibbedidenn on 20 May 2017 22:00, edited 1 time in total.

Ody
Hero

Post by Ody » 20 May 2017 02:22

The Knights have that feature, Sibbedidenn. Heroism does mostly what you described. Brings you back from near death with a stat boost. :)

Mortis

Post by Mortis » 20 May 2017 04:08

Discipline has many functions. It is not a dumpstat for everyone. If you want to add something, how about the ability to remember more names?

The more dis you have, the more lessons in name remembrance you can purchase to expand your memory.

Sibbedidenn
Adept

Post by Sibbedidenn » 20 May 2017 04:41

Oh, thanks, Ody!

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/