Lockers.

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Draugor
Myth

Lockers.

Post by Draugor » 07 Feb 2018 19:31

So, why cant we have rentable lockers for cash? THe longer you rent it, the more it costs, kinda like at airports, trainstation etc.

The reason is that in guilds such as mercs, where we have #!""¤"%! tards that take entire racks and sell em off, doesent really want me drop anything in there, something like 50 plats per 24/hour in rent, if you dont claim within the time, its another 50 to get your shit out. With this influx in people and considering that alot of people make expensive imbuements, why would I drop that in a communal rack where some dumbass most likelly picks it up and disenchants it?

Make the lockers able to take one backpack of standard size, thats around a full set and an item or two more if you make it use the smaller packs, OR just make a number limit on items, like 10 or something. Should have been implemented before, we had something like it in the old awesome mercs that everyone loves.

I'll specify, I mean this for MERCS, aka the guild plagued by looters and probably glads aswell.
Last edited by Draugor on 08 Feb 2018 18:26, edited 1 time in total.

sylphan
Veteran

Re: Lockers.

Post by sylphan » 07 Feb 2018 20:57

Word

Toferth
Wanderer

Post by Toferth » 08 Feb 2018 01:26

Join guild that treats stuff with respect? ;)

sylphan
Veteran

Post by sylphan » 08 Feb 2018 02:06

Toferth wrote:Join guild that treats stuff with respect? ;)
What a smug reply! Wow! How unconstructive!
Even in guilds that treat their EQ well, a very good item, esp. if imbued, is unlikely to be in the racks very much. So you slave to get a sweet item and then basically never get to use it. This issue isn't limited to mercs.

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 08 Feb 2018 08:19

Toferth wrote:Join guild that treats stuff with respect? ;)

The very second atleast one other guild has the option to choose skills like mercs, sure :P Lockers have been needed for many many years due to racklooting *****.

Greneth
Wizard

Post by Greneth » 08 Feb 2018 14:56

Rack looting is probably one of the most cancerous things in this game, people are already weirded out by the fact that unlike most MUDs their EQ just doesn't save on them. Which is fine, we do things differently. But then to explain to people that they have to put it in a communal rack that people come and steal from 100% of the time and they most likely won't see their things anymore is a bit tough. It's more than just mercs which have this issue and the argument has always been that we don't want people hoarding items with their own personal racks.

Far as I'm concerned when you give any Head Tinkerer, Council Member, Enclave, High Officer, Old Clubs that no one else can join anymore or whatever position you wish to call it their own rooms that no one else can enter you are already giving them a private drop room. Racials, Occupational, Laymans and Clubs... all have some version of it. So the question I've always had is why is it acceptable for them to have a private drop room but the rest of the game has to suffer from this kind of stuff?

Code: Select all

The head tinkers room contains only functional furniture. You spot a desk, cluttered with papers except for the top left corner where a golden bell stands, a wooden stool and a red letterbox next to it and a drawing board.
On the south wall you see a pinboard displaying several posters.
There is one obvious exit: east.
A sparkling red gem, two black bandanas, two long thin onyx wands, two shiny wands, two plate armours of Solamnus, two flaming-red pelts, a pair of snake-skin gloves, a tempered spear, a long narrow knife, a black-gem ring, a pentacled silver ingot, a papyrus scroll, an intricately woven silvery thorns, a complex medicine stick, a broken golden bracelet, a dark grimoire, a herb jar (open), four ghastly green stones, an ancient mithril chainmail and a midnight-black orb.
A distinguished beige-skinned male gnome.
Perfectly good example of me catching someone who has been stealing from SoHM racks and tossing things in his own private room that only he has access to using Palantir. Now if I'm gonna get in trouble for idling with a blue dragonscale, other crap items and my own imbuement all that I personally obtained and there's about 5 billion of them in the game I fail to see how the above example and council rooms are acceptable.

Even getting some guilds to obtain a rack log is like pulling teeth. We punish thieves to the extent that they are worthless because people can't close a pack and get stolen from but when the same is done to racks it's like "Well that's just part of the game!".

The old Mercs had a wonderful system with the Warlords that not only promoted interaction but gave people their own racks for their own little groups. If you wanted more space you needed more followers. I would say the Pelargir clubs would be a perfect example of where such a feature could be brought back, promote roleplay and interaction while giving people a small place to hold items with a like minded group of people.
Last edited by Greneth on 08 Feb 2018 15:06, edited 1 time in total.

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 08 Feb 2018 15:02

And the admins intense desire to not listen to players and actually consider doing stuff that would be good for the game, ie lockers for a set of gear when in shitguilds like the mercenaries that is filled with thieving little assholes is almost as cancerous. And no, "someone might wanna use it" is idiotic, I dont make imbued gear for random newbies to take and sell in a goddamn shop, or even to break and use or stick in their own stashes.

But hey, fuck it, people have been calling for this for years, and just like allways, its not likelly to happen cause of some idiotic notion that people would like to share in guilds like mercs, when we have people like Biff who just straight up grabs shit from the rack and sells in the sparkle shop

sylphan
Veteran

Post by sylphan » 08 Feb 2018 16:11

Yes, to Greneth and Draugor. How many times have I put a nice item in the racks and never seen it again, through an entire arma cycle?
This happens even in guilds with really good reputations for rack culture.
It is demoralizing.
Wizards, please consider.
Players, if you agree, make your voices heard.

Drazson
Titan

Post by Drazson » 08 Feb 2018 16:27

You enter a guild where you answer to nobody, just walk up and join. It's supposed to be ugly. It's illogical RP-wise to lose your stuff though. Making people pay will hurt newbies, not worth it. <mmark> items to make them unsellable in shops since it's identified as guild equipment? In due time (soon, most probably) people will understand it's not worth it to rackloot and just.. wont. Worth a try anyway. The marking could be done by a guild NPC but if there isn't one probably give the option for the player to do it themselves. OR have an option to personally mark the item to restrict its use to yourself only (for the case of imbued), still having the option to keep it vaguely marked to allow guild donations.

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 08 Feb 2018 16:34

Drazson wrote:You enter a guild where you answer to nobody, just walk up and join. It's supposed to be ugly. It's illogical RP-wise to lose your stuff though. Making people pay will hurt newbies, not worth it. <mmark> items to make them unsellable in shops since it's identified as guild equipment? In due time (soon, most probably) people will understand it's not worth it to rackloot and just.. wont. Worth a try anyway. The marking could be done by a guild NPC but if there isn't one probably give the option for the player to do it themselves. OR have an option to personally mark the item to restrict its use to yourself only (for the case of imbued), still having the option to keep it vaguely marked to allow guild donations.

Mmark wont do shit since it still enables them to just grab it and stash for themselves, I wouldnt be against racking shit in mercs, if MY shit was safe and secure. THe excess, sure, but make it automark in the rack since marking eveyr goddamn item takes way to much time and is annoying as hell.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/