More sticky combat?

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
nils
Titan

More sticky combat?

Post by nils » 20 Jun 2017 19:14

gorboth wrote:Yeah - we need to make combat a bit more sticky with things like caltrops, in my opinion.

G.
Brainstorm, go!

Edit: Changed subject to reflect thread's purpose
Last edited by nils on 20 Jun 2017 21:27, edited 1 time in total.
Nil Mortifi Sine Lucre

Melarec
Rising Hero

Re: Que ideas?

Post by Melarec » 20 Jun 2017 19:49

Oops, guess this would go here..
Melarec wrote:Thing about caltrops.. It's not caltrops, it's caltrop. Just one.
OF COURSE THEY'RE JUST GOING TO WALK RIGHT OVER IT; IT'S A SINGLE PIECE OF TWO INCH METAL.

The idea behind real caltrops is that a couple dozen of them are thrown out and the area becomes completely impassible for normal people.
If the person being blocked had ninja-like agility, they could vault over or dance their way through the spikes.
Then, the people that threw them out would be blocked.

But one single caltrop, even if expertly placed, is not going to be very effective.

Make it so a bag of them are spilled out at a time.
That would make them far more effective as well as more realistic.

mallor
Rising Hero

Post by mallor » 20 Jun 2017 20:50

Well, first off, block for everyone is not a bad idea, if implemented properly.

- Blocking only people who are present in the room right now is silly. Really. If I move to block the exit with my fat goblin ass, does it matter if the passer is currently in room or not? My ass is fat, it's blocking. PERIOD.
- Block should have cooldown, big one. Should not be spammable definitely.
- Stats should matter. Expert shouldn't be able to break the block of myth++ all that easily. Breaking block should be an ability. With cooldown as well, small one, but still with cooldown. Yes that means 4 myth++ will be able to trap and kill expert with 100% chance in room with 4 exits. But guess what, they are demigods and he's a noobie, get real. If noobie has pissed of a demigod and is not careful with rooms with 1 exit, he'll die, PERIOD.
- In PvP directions should not be spammable, small delay should be introduced. This ay clicky happy people will not be able to click and run entire domain in few seconds.

"But Mallor...", you would say, "... this will means people will die a lot, especially newbies".

Well, yes, people will die more. But let's not forget Genesis is not WoW, the community is indefinitely more mature and responsible. Unlike in WoW people don't kill each other because they can. You need to really piss off big player to make him attack you, if you're a newbie. Not to mention all the myth++ oldies are not 40+ (old farts we are :( )

Also, well, death recovery. It makes death 10 times less painful than it used to be. The famous death of Kithkanan has set him back 3-4 month of progress, today he would recover in matter of one week.

I strongly believe PvP needs a boost. Genesis is more of a happy bot farm nowdays, where people run around with triggers getting fatter and fatter and noobies can afford stealing from myth++ and get away with it.

Thalric
Rising Hero

Re: More sticky combat?

Post by Thalric » 20 Jun 2017 23:54

I don't think stats should matter. Skills should matter.

Myths already have all the cards on their hands when it comes to PvP. This would just make a team of myth who are hunting for someone, to be basically always succesful in their hunt. It shouldn't be like that.

If anything, goblins should have a serious disadvantage because they are so small. Along with all the other small races.
That would make more sense. Even a goblin with huge muscles wouldn't be as wide as a normal human.

Mim
Rising Hero

Post by Mim » 21 Jun 2017 00:06

mallor wrote:But let's not forget Genesis is not WoW, the community is indefinitely more mature and responsible. Unlike in WoW people don't kill each other because they can.
Hehe.

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 21 Jun 2017 02:22

Seen others muds with a <flee> command required and a time delay to leave combat.
You also lose exp, less than the kill amount when it was PVE.

Tried pvp there, got rekt
I think that is probably a bit over the top for Gen.

What we are all used to is managing fatigue.
But if fleeing increased fatigue greatly.
And if sneaking cost more fatigue than moving.

Of course, that would make steeds a lot more powerful.
Unless they were changed to a cosmetic thing and the player stat was all that governed fatigue.

What is cool is that caltrops come from the open pvp area.
But all having to go and search there is a bit much if they suddenly became the muds answer to mass crowd control
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 21 Jun 2017 02:24

mallor wrote:Well, first off, block for everyone is not a bad idea, if implemented properly.

- Blocking only people who are present in the room right now is silly. Really. If I move to block the exit with my fat goblin ass, does it matter if the passer is currently in room or not? My ass is fat, it's blocking. PERIOD.
- Block should have cooldown, big one. Should not be spammable definitely.
- Stats should matter. Expert shouldn't be able to break the block of myth++ all that easily. Breaking block should be an ability. With cooldown as well, small one, but still with cooldown. Yes that means 4 myth++ will be able to trap and kill expert with 100% chance in room with 4 exits. But guess what, they are demigods and he's a noobie, get real. If noobie has pissed of a demigod and is not careful with rooms with 1 exit, he'll die, PERIOD.
- In PvP directions should not be spammable, small delay should be introduced. This ay clicky happy people will not be able to click and run entire domain in few seconds.

"But Mallor...", you would say, "... this will means people will die a lot, especially newbies".

Well, yes, people will die more. But let's not forget Genesis is not WoW, the community is indefinitely more mature and responsible. Unlike in WoW people don't kill each other because they can. You need to really piss off big player to make him attack you, if you're a newbie. Not to mention all the myth++ oldies are not 40+ (old farts we are :( )

Also, well, death recovery. It makes death 10 times less painful than it used to be. The famous death of Kithkanan has set him back 3-4 month of progress, today he would recover in matter of one week.

I strongly believe PvP needs a boost. Genesis is more of a happy bot farm nowdays, where people run around with triggers getting fatter and fatter and noobies can afford stealing from myth++ and get away with it.
Problem with block and clicker as u call it is the activation time.
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

mallor
Rising Hero

Post by mallor » 21 Jun 2017 06:59

Thalric wrote: Myths already have all the cards on their hands when it comes to PvP. This would just make a team of myth who are hunting for someone, to be basically always succesful in their hunt. It shouldn't be like that.
Why do you think team of myths would hunt anyone as if they got no better things to do. Besides, as I already said, if someone "small" went as far as pissing off someone who's supposed to be a demigod, he'll die. *shrug* Genesis was always all about that. If the state of affairs is that anyone can steal from myth or badmouth him and get away with it, we'll end up being a text branch of WoW.

Alisa
Hero

Post by Alisa » 21 Jun 2017 08:42

mallor..

recovery in a week....
you need to press off people before they kill you.....

two very untrue statements.

mallor
Rising Hero

Post by mallor » 21 Jun 2017 10:02

Alisa wrote: recovery in a week....
*point Nils*
Alisa wrote: you need to press off people before they kill you.....
I said myths, not people.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/