Okay, time to fix this -.-

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Arman
Wizard

Re: Okay, time to fix this -.-

Post by Arman » 14 Jul 2017 14:17

mallor wrote:It's not about methods actually, methods are fine. It's about revealing when stealing fails.
My understanding is Cot introduced a fix to this about a week ago. What Nils demonstrated in his log shouldn't happen to invisibility generated through the new magic system. The problem is some older invis items use other code to generate invisibility and bypass the fix. Cot is now doing a bit of a code treasure hunt to find and update the offending code.

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 14 Jul 2017 15:05

Take a look at foul stygion-black sword from kabal then.
Fix that old invis
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Mirandus
Site Admin

Post by Mirandus » 14 Jul 2017 15:58

There a few methods of becoming invisible that hadn't been accounted for.

With so much old code and various means of wizards accomplishing goals, there are bound to be some things missed. We are working on accounting for those.

Dorrien
Adventurer

Post by Dorrien » 14 Jul 2017 18:29

Patience... They Wizards are working on free time for free. On another, but similar note, I would not mind seeing Sparkle turned into some thieving and fighting free peaceful area of commerce for the Donut. No one can steal while in the City Limits, no one can fight and if you get too unruly the guards may remove you from the town... putting you outside the "safe zone" and in time out for 5 minutes or so. This is an entirely unnecessary thing to have but the idea crossed my mind nonetheless.

Sibbedidenn
Adept

Post by Sibbedidenn » 15 Jul 2017 04:04

But if we fix all the "problems", how will anybody ever become all-powerful?

mallor
Rising Hero

Post by mallor » 15 Jul 2017 08:33

Sibbedidenn wrote:But if we fix all the "problems", how will anybody ever become all-powerful?
So you think you need to abuse game mechanics to become all-powerful?

mallor
Rising Hero

Post by mallor » 15 Jul 2017 08:34

Arman wrote:
mallor wrote:It's not about methods actually, methods are fine. It's about revealing when stealing fails.
My understanding is Cot introduced a fix to this about a week ago. What Nils demonstrated in his log shouldn't happen to invisibility generated through the new magic system. The problem is some older invis items use other code to generate invisibility and bypass the fix. Cot is now doing a bit of a code treasure hunt to find and update the offending code.
Understood. Now how about what Gorboth described in earlier post? *whistle innocently*

Arman
Wizard

Post by Arman » 15 Jul 2017 09:46

mallor wrote:
Arman wrote:
Understood. Now how about what Gorboth described in earlier post? *whistle innocently*
I interpreted that as a troll :)

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 15 Jul 2017 10:19

Tbh, if caught, you should automatically grab their arm, makes sense, if someone bigger grabs you... tough shit, dont steal.
Atm its to damn easy to get away with that shit, wich is why the 12 year olds are making thieves so they can run around and grief from their room while momy makes dinner :P

Sibbedidenn
Adept

Post by Sibbedidenn » 15 Jul 2017 11:03

Was I joking, IDK? But I was maybe alluding to the many wizards the game has had over twenty-five years and the multi tiered sheet-cake-like texture it gives to the game at places. And if it is exploiting the game by simply finding a zone where different rules apply, so to speak, I see how that can be exploitive in the overall PvP situation. I find it charming though and have always been one for the icing.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/