Okay, time to fix this -.-

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Amberlee
Myth

Re: Okay, time to fix this -.-

Post by Amberlee » 02 Jul 2017 13:32

A few more counters actually.
But that's irrelevant.
Invis in itself isn't bad.
Invis paired with stealing is very bad
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Titan

Post by Avatar » 02 Jul 2017 13:42

Invis should be cancelled upon a failed attempt at stealing.

After an attempt at stealing, no matter if it is failed or successful, there should be a cooldown before the thief can try again.
Angmar! ANGMAR!! ANGMAR!!!
Pulp Znuga! PULP!!!!

mallor
Rising Hero

Post by mallor » 02 Jul 2017 15:38

Amberlee wrote: Invis in itself isn't bad.
No it's actually ridiculous. It means you can avoid being hunted for as long as you like.

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 02 Jul 2017 15:40

mallor wrote:
No it's actually ridiculous. It means you can avoid being hunted for as long as you like.

It wouldnt be a problem if t here where some means to counter it, wich there isnt atm aside from a VERY rare item since the necro spell is broken

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 02 Jul 2017 15:58

2 items actually
And sohm spell

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 02 Jul 2017 16:14

mallor wrote:

Ok think about this for a moment.
You can avoid being hunted, sure.
And be completely unable to do anything but stand there.
Because as soon as you do anything but walk around and talk to people(like combat) you pop out of invis.
So you can choose to do nothing at all, or you can choose to walk visible and do things.
Personally I rarely use the invisibility because it lacks any real purpose compared to other spells.

Now you can cry out about it being ridiculous or you can dislodge your mindset from 20 years ago and think about what the donut is now.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 02 Jul 2017 16:15

Avatar wrote:Invis should be cancelled upon a failed attempt at stealing.

After an attempt at stealing, no matter if it is failed or successful, there should be a cooldown before the thief can try again.

This would solve everything really.

mallor
Rising Hero

Post by mallor » 02 Jul 2017 19:23

Amberlee wrote: Ok think about this for a moment.
You can avoid being hunted, sure.
And be completely unable to do anything but stand there.
Because as soon as you do anything but walk around and talk to people(like combat) you pop out of invis.
So you can choose to do nothing at all, or you can choose to walk visible and do things.
Personally I rarely use the invisibility because it lacks any real purpose compared to other spells.
You can run around and loot every corpse I kill.
You can follow me, and steal my loot.
You can follow me, wait til I wimpy and finish me off with a spell.
You can quest.
You can be an arrogant turd.

All of the above with no concequences whatsoever, because nobody knows who you are.
Amberlee wrote: Now you can cry out about it being ridiculous or you can dislodge your mindset from 20 years ago and think about what the donut is now.
Just as you can dislodge your mindset of "whatever we have now is perfect".

gold bezie
Expert

Post by gold bezie » 02 Jul 2017 22:44

I personally believe that there should be something against the invisibility, like a good and rare herb or something. Right now there is nothing... and that seems to me like a balance problem.

About the stealing: yes you can protect yourself by putting everything in closed containers that you can wear. But its very annoying. I mean a few days ago when i was in sparkle someone stole my silver coins ( i dont carry much since i lost all my herbs), and i cannot even try to kill this person... just because his invisibility.

Ive said this before and i will repeat it over and over: this invisibility spell makes the Rangers even weaker than they where.
With the new guilds and the other ones recoded, their mana system, their spells.... everything the rangers had (except for their ability to heal someone else, is gone...

So a new and rare herb what makes you see invisible persons (even morgul mages) and finally a recode for the rangers.
I would say shut down ME for a few months, since the whole area is badly coded (just look at the storytellersclub) and fix the whole area :)
would definitely make the game a lot better
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that.

Mim
Rising Hero

Post by Mim » 02 Jul 2017 23:18

gold bezie wrote: I would say shut down ME for a few months, since the whole area is badly coded
Oh. This is a new one I never heard before.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/