Okay, time to fix this -.-

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Draugor
Myth

Re: Okay, time to fix this -.-

Post by Draugor » 18 Aug 2017 06:11

Arman wrote:
mallor wrote:While we're on it, please fix the costumes as well. Somehow I doubt they were introduced for thieves to hide their real identity behind one.
Failed steal and costume is automatically removed.
What is the deal with the costumes? Were they an event thing? I really don't like them in general game play... but that is just my opinion.

For some reason they became permanent and they are facilitating this particular thieving scumsucker (whom seems oddly familiar)

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 18 Aug 2017 06:11

Arman wrote:
mallor wrote:While we're on it, please fix the costumes as well. Somehow I doubt they were introduced for thieves to hide their real identity behind one.
Failed steal and costume is automatically removed.
What is the deal with the costumes? Were they an event thing? I really don't like them in general game play... but that is just my opinion.
The costume shop is part of the museum of events. It's been around for a long time I think? I believe costumes were introduced during Scavenger Hunts, which makes perfect sense since those usually take place during Halloween. Perhaps the costume shop should only be open then to prevent using them to hide identity, or perhaps that IS the idea with it? I don't know, I somehow doubt that was the idea though.

I also seem to remember that at some point you could only get costumes during Shire parties? Perhaps that was before we got events? So long ago, I might have mixed things up though.

mallor
Rising Hero

Post by mallor » 18 Aug 2017 07:33

Costumes are fine for RP purposes, but as lots of other things they are getting abused by one particular dickhead for harassing purposes. Basically I would say as soon as hostile action taken (stealing, attacking, etc) they should be automatically removed. Or maybe even a simpler fix, in combat and stealing messages show true description of the person, not the costume.

Arman
Wizard

Post by Arman » 18 Aug 2017 09:18

I am curious whether the costumes allow a player to bypass some racial checks... like allow some races to get into Minas Tirith or Vingaard Keep?

But I agree with Cherek's suggestion on limiting them to event holidays like halloween.

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 18 Aug 2017 10:37

Arman wrote:I am curious whether the costumes allow a player to bypass some racial checks... like allow some races to get into Minas Tirith or Vingaard Keep?

But I agree with Cherek's suggestion on limiting them to event holidays like halloween.

Ya, it does, limit them. If he's a human and wearing a hobbit costume, I have to kill! hobbit, kill! human wont work

Syrk
Rising Hero

Post by Syrk » 18 Aug 2017 10:43

Arman wrote:I am curious whether the costumes allow a player to bypass some racial checks... like allow some races to get into Minas Tirith or Vingaard Keep?

As a human who is wearing a kender costume you still get "feeling silly" message when wielding hoopak from mithas,
so you can not use it as real kender.
But when you try to wield a weapon with "slay half-fling" imbuement, you get hurt.
So it seems a costume lets you bypass imbuement system policies but not some of the older ones.

mallor
Rising Hero

Post by mallor » 18 Aug 2017 16:26

It's a matter of badly written code, which means I'm 99% sure there are such instances :D

Habiki
Adept

Post by Habiki » 18 Aug 2017 21:33

The hoopak was able to be wielded with a kender costume but Orien figured it out and ratted on you fake kenders!

Johnny
Veteran

Post by Johnny » 19 Aug 2017 05:59

Ha! If only people kept their mouths shut about the costumes. I used to like grabbing an undead one so I could herb Raumdor freely.

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 19 Aug 2017 07:47

Johnny wrote:Ha! If only people kept their mouths shut about the costumes. I used to like grabbing an undead one so I could herb Raumdor freely.

And if people hadn't abused the costumes to such a degree..
That might have happened.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/