Okay, time to fix this -.-

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Dorrien
Adventurer

Re: Okay, time to fix this -.-

Post by Dorrien » 14 Aug 2017 21:18

Put your beloved blue jar in a closed pack?

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 14 Aug 2017 21:26

Dorrien wrote:Put your beloved blue jar in a closed pack?
Cant put containers in eachother right?

Dorrien
Adventurer

Post by Dorrien » 14 Aug 2017 21:28

I am not sure, hence my question mark at the end. I know (IRL) i got bags of bags... some of those bags in the bags have things in said bag.........

I enjoy the qarrabas best. You can (I know ALMOST EVERYONE knows this) give them personalized descriptions that are rather fun and it is itemized well. Based on herbalism skill it will identify for you a well.

mallor
Rising Hero

Post by mallor » 15 Aug 2017 12:18

I don't understand why closing containers is being brought up all the time instead of discussing the real problem. The real problem is invis stealing and your inability to do anything about it. Preventing and keeping yourself safe is one thing, counteting is another, and there are NO(or almost no) counters to invis stealing. You're all are most welcome to stand 24/7 at church and tell newbies to close their containers. But how many newbies do you know, who put their coins in packs and close them? Are you aware of what kind of inconvenience it is, if you don't have RMC purse? On top of that, all RMC commands leave your purse opened, available for thieves to put their little dirty fingers into it. So it's adding more and more cumbersome aliases on every command that operates on containers, and all that because we can't get a simple fix for invis stealing sprees? And the real problem is what? That they don't care if they fail half of the stealing attempts, they just keep spamming mindlessly completely safe.

The fix should be obvious. Failed to steal? Got caught. Got caught by a big player? Got slaughtered. Got slaughtered? Next time think twice, or don't fail.

Raelle
Great Adventurer

Post by Raelle » 15 Aug 2017 16:10

Draugor wrote:
Dorrien wrote:Put your beloved blue jar in a closed pack?
Cant put containers in eachother right?
can't put jar in pack
Amberlee wrote:The qarraba also identifies
so for example, qarraba would show

Code: Select all

+-------------------------------------------------------------+
| ## |                  Item Name                  |   Type   |
|  1 | [asparagus] upright green stalk             |   Herb   |
|  1 | [cladina] coral-like grey lichen            |   Herb   |
but blue herb jar would show

Code: Select all

Herb (Restore)     Description                        Type       Str    Qty  
+------------------+----------------------------------+----------+------+-----+
| asparagus        | upright green stalk              | fatigue  | min  |   1 |

Herb (Enhance)     Description                        Type       Str    Qty  
| cladina          | coral-like grey lichen           | con      | norm |   1 |

edit -- but yeah, what mallor said too

Dorrien
Adventurer

Post by Dorrien » 15 Aug 2017 18:12

Close your shit or lose it. It is that simple people. You're an imbecile if you won't take those steps. 30 seconds of time if you are an incredibly slow typer and your stuff is safe.. WOW! You are making a mountain out of a smoothed out dirt pile... close your shit and move along, clearly bitching here isn't saving your things.

It obviously isn't as simple as just wam bam switch pop and hours of wiz time. You want someone ELSE to do the work that would take them hours when YOU could simply take half a minute to close your shit. The fix is implemented already, it is called closing bags. If you lack the will or know how, how is that a wizards fault..?

This is like driving down a dirt road with the windows rolled down and bitching to the DOT that they need to come out and pave that road because dust got in your car... they will simply say well Ma'ams and Sirs, I suggest you roll up your window next time. Have a nice day!

mallor
Rising Hero

Post by mallor » 15 Aug 2017 22:12

Dorrien wrote:Close your shit or lose it. It is that simple people. You're an imbecile if you won't take those steps. 30 seconds of time if you are an incredibly slow typer and your stuff is safe.. WOW! You are making a mountain out of a smoothed out dirt pile... close your shit and move along, clearly bitching here isn't saving your things.

It obviously isn't as simple as just wam bam switch pop and hours of wiz time. You want someone ELSE to do the work that would take them hours when YOU could simply take half a minute to close your shit. The fix is implemented already, it is called closing bags. If you lack the will or know how, how is that a wizards fault..?

This is like driving down a dirt road with the windows rolled down and bitching to the DOT that they need to come out and pave that road because dust got in your car... they will simply say well Ma'ams and Sirs, I suggest you roll up your window next time. Have a nice day!
Inability to comprehend a simple point seems to be consistent within you.

Luma
Adept

Post by Luma » 16 Aug 2017 08:35

I know, from personal experience trying to steal from an NPC, that if you fail to steal from someone while using the SoHM spell, you will lose your invisibility.

Freya
Beginner

Post by Freya » 16 Aug 2017 18:41

I have to ask, how come some wizard decided to change the steal command?
In the past once you failed stealing it meant you had alot less chance of succeding anytime soon afterward.
Having in a previous life been a max lvl thief back in the day when you had herbs giving you invis to steal with, I can just say that stealing like it is now was never possible in the past. Although back then you could steal worn/wielded items from npcs.

So seems to me some wizard made a change in the code, leading to the issues we are having now. So who made the changes and why?
My guess wizard who recoded kenders might have altered it to upgrade kenders.

Not sure if this have been brough up previously in the thread, it's too long to read through :)

Mirandus
Site Admin

Post by Mirandus » 16 Aug 2017 18:55

I will just say that the wizards who recoded the Kender did nothing to alter the global steal command.

I have not hear of any changes being made to the global steal command for all the time I've been in the wizarding community (about 2 years or so) so unless it was done before that and never posted about, I can't say if any changes have been made.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/