[RANT] Rare weapons and their durability

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
mallor
Rising Hero

[RANT] Rare weapons and their durability

Post by mallor » 21 Jul 2017 07:50

I've decided lately to go get myself a good axe and go get me some sweet combat XP.
My choice was MBB, so I went happily to farm it. It took me around 10 dead Gaerhirs to get the axe and then another 10 kills to get nada, so my score is 1/20. Let's presume I was extremely unlucky and actual drop rate is 1/10.

Now it took me around 6 hours and good progress, until the axe was beyond repairs and broke. So, I actually spent more time obtaining it, than putting it to good use. Now my rant is: this is kinda absurd. Weapon decay rate is still on par with old cycle duration of ~1 day, where you would lose the weapon anyway. And especially rare magical weapons need some love in that regard. Right now the effort of obtaining them is not worth the benefit you receive from using one.

Suggestion: give Karkadelt ability to imbue magical weapons with increased durability, faint, pronounced or intense for different price.

gold bezie
Expert

Re: [RANT] Rare weapons and their durability

Post by gold bezie » 21 Jul 2017 09:27

Ive noticed over the years that with every arma the changes to get a special sword or weapon are different. Sometimes its raining EHs and there where times i had no luck a complete arma at all. So with that in mind i dont think it holds what you say :)
I like if special weapons are hard to get. In my opinion there are too many special weapons around and i wouldnt mind if if the game would be made harder, by making it harder to get special weapons.

But that is only me i guess :oops:
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that.

mallor
Rising Hero

Post by mallor » 21 Jul 2017 10:04

Well the rant is not about rarity, it's about rarity vs usability. Rarity is fine, lifespan should be expanded.

Sibbedidenn
Adept

Post by Sibbedidenn » 21 Jul 2017 10:43

I am a mage so I do not use many weapons at all. The most I use is a knife for leftovers (mistform) or some type of staff for cosmetics since I do not train in them. I have found a rare item though, in the orc fortress when I just turned beginner. It was a shield I recall and I sold it undoubtedly to some generous soul for 20 plats who was being nice. It was not very good I later found out. I either have not found anymore or put it in my pack to quick to notice, eh, I am a mage.

I would like to see less broken eq lying around though. That would be nice. #MallorMakesItLast ... eh

Thalric
Rising Hero

Post by Thalric » 21 Jul 2017 10:59

This is where the imbuements come into play.

Get yourself some ironstones, I think it is, and you'll improve the durability of the weapon.

It isn't new that the MBB breaks fast or easily. The same goes for the EH.

Other weapons doesn't dull or break at all.

mallor
Rising Hero

Post by mallor » 21 Jul 2017 11:32

Thalric wrote:This is where the imbuements come into play.

Get yourself some ironstones, I think it is, and you'll improve the durability of the weapon.

It isn't new that the MBB breaks fast or easily. The same goes for the EH.

Other weapons doesn't dull or break at all.
While there are very good clubs and poles that don't dull, axe and sword users are kinda screwed there. I don't see why club user can just grab a sledgehammer, polearm user can grab SoH, which are best weapons of their class and be settled for 13 days, while swords and axes users have to invest their hard earned stones to be able to use the weapon maybe for 2 days.

That's why I suggest the durability imbuement to be available at Karkadelt for plats.

Rincon
Great Adventurer

Post by Rincon » 21 Jul 2017 17:08

Mallor, then join a guild with an unlimited access to best axes in game and where the best ale flows freely... The mighty Neidar Clan.

We hit so rarely due to our crappy dex that MBB will last you for an Arma... or two :D

mallor
Rising Hero

Post by mallor » 21 Jul 2017 17:18

But... but... but I'll have to become a dwarf *puke*

gold bezie
Expert

Post by gold bezie » 21 Jul 2017 17:20

mallor wrote:Well the rant is not about rarity, it's about rarity vs usability. Rarity is fine, lifespan should be expanded.

what i mean sometimes something is rare and the other time the same weapon or armour is not. Then the lifespan is no problem at all
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that.

Rincon
Great Adventurer

Post by Rincon » 21 Jul 2017 17:27

But you can wear an angmarian costume all the time.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/