Bringing back old guilds and the forums rules

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Re: Bringing back old guilds and the forums rules

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 03 Aug 2017 17:43

So when r the vamps re opening. Make some goodie noob the coven leader and see what happens. Not the merc vamps. Real vamps.
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 03 Aug 2017 18:42

Tarax the Terrible wrote:
Cherek wrote:
Who's Theros?
Uhm thought that was the name. I mean the myth sized smith in Solace. Part of Tannis Tika Kits Strums party in the books.

Think he was added same time as foul goblin and
shaman.

Wish all that crew was available for me to kill. Kit included.
I've killed vermie araikas ember etc etc want the set.
Oh, yeah that's probably his name. Dunno when they were added, definitely after my minotaur area I think. But it's all very long ago. No idea who made them, and didn't know they were not killable.:)

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 03 Aug 2017 18:51

Tarax the Terrible wrote:So when r the vamps re opening. Make some goodie noob the coven leader and see what happens. Not the merc vamps. Real vamps.
Well since I left the Admin I am kind of out of the loop. But before I left there were no such plans. Like I mentioned in the post that Nils felt was just a big lie (why on earth would I lie?), I think that to reopen any guild the first thing we need is the right wizard for the job. And I know Gorboth feels the same way. It's not realistic to let just anyone code a guild (it's hard), and a recode and reopening of an old guild requires an even more experienced and skilled wizard. Someone who really gets the guild, knows the history, and has very good programming and storytelling skills. And as usual the time and motivation to make it happen. And those are hard to find!:) Or of course, a team of wizards who together has the required skills, but setting up wizard teams is even harder.

I don't think any old guild is a big fat NO no matter what, not even vampires, but there are lot of things that need to fall into place for something to happen, and it usually all starts with the right person stepping forward and saying they really want to do it.

nils
Titan

Post by nils » 03 Aug 2017 20:27

Excellent comedy, this.
Nil Mortifi Sine Lucre

Dread
Great Adventurer

Post by Dread » 03 Aug 2017 22:59

Tarax the Terrible wrote:I really don't know where the idea of guild x deserves to be apex, and we balance it by charging them more tax comes from.
It is as old as genesis I guess?
Don't look for sense where there is none. Some vague RPS notion from a wizard incoming...
Ckrik wrote: You also have to remember we designed a rock/paper/scissor system to make things interesting. Some guild's specials just don't match up well against another's and perhaps you're seeing that effect.
Tada!

Newsflash, it doesn't make things interesting. It makes sure that anyone truly interested in grinding is in the more powerful guild. How much RPS PVP do you see going on here? None, that's your answer. The notion of some guilds having a MUCH poorer quality of life and being weaker is in its foundation based on fairy dust and unicorn farts.

Dorrien
Adventurer

Post by Dorrien » 03 Aug 2017 23:13

I do have to agree that simply applying a higher tax to "apex" guilds really doesn't seem like a solution.

Guild X has the power to kill nearly anything it pleases but pays a 33% tax for it (arbitrary number), enter Mithas and that tax is negligible in the long run as the "apex" grinding areas are now far safer and accessible.

Guild Y is not apex and pays a 20% tax, 13% less! That is not nothing... but can't seem to manage Terel trolls, let alone MITHAS.

Now I do not know EXACTLY how all the code and math pans out but the 13% loss on mithas xp = 100% TT xp. SO apex guild gets 100% TT xp, better skills, specials and the DYNAMITE card in the RPS equation... while the others get 80% TT xp and really not awesome stuff. And the gap widens...

Flat tax, skill increase and special power. Leave the rest to RP and knowledge.

Free to join guilds pay a higher flat tax than the guilds that require an application process, although this could be abused by corrupt guild leaders letting people in instantly for a lower tax etc but hey, these are just ideas etc. Kind of rambling and losing focus...

Arman
Wizard

Post by Arman » 05 Aug 2017 07:09

The idea that the more tax you pay the better you are at grinding or combat or pvp is wildly wrong, and is a really poor measure of whether a guild is "apex" or not.

Your tax is a combination of skills, combat aid, and extra abilities. Magic users get an extra tax for spells. If your guild is entirely your special attack, like blademasters, then your tax is only going to be your combat aid. If your guild has a heap of skills - in particular ones that are foreign to your class (i.e. Magic skills for a fighter guild or vice versa) - you will have a high tax on your skills. If you are a fighter guild with a guild chat line, or get free food when you log in, you pay tax on that etc etc.

The maximum amount of combat aid a guild can have is capped. Most guild abilities maximise that cap, so really tax variation is usually due to skills (and there is a skills cap, so that variation is limited) and thematic / versatility /cosmetic reasons. Not that mortals would have any idea about how much tax a guild pays... seeing only immortals can access that information *cough cough*.

Dread
Great Adventurer

Post by Dread » 05 Aug 2017 20:01

Arman wrote:The idea that the more tax you pay the better you are at grinding or combat or pvp is wildly wrong, and is a really poor measure of whether a guild is "apex" or not.
Combat ability is a poor measurement... Lol, ok. I am not sure where this term "apex" comes from? Is that the term wizards use to justify some guilds having a much better quality of life? I am sure it's just my ridiculous mortal ignorance, but golly gee whiz there sure seems to be a correlation between tax and combat ability, but I will spare everyone the obvious arguments here. Is "apex" part of this while RPS smoke and mirrors we hear about?
Arman wrote:The maximum amount of combat aid a guild can have is capped. Most guild abilities maximise that cap, so really tax variation is usually due to skills (and there is a skills cap, so that variation is limited) and thematic / versatility /cosmetic reasons. Not that mortals would have any idea about how much tax a guild pays... seeing only immortals can access that information *cough cough*.
How convenient mortals are never allowed proof. *cough cough HACK*

nils
Titan

Post by nils » 05 Aug 2017 20:53

Dread wrote:.. there sure seems to be a correlation between tax and combat ability, but I will spare everyone the obvious arguments here.
I might be a little slow, but could you possibly be speaking about the completely out of order "neutral" layman guild with more combat aid than some occupational guilds, who's absurd game-breaking abilities are completely reliant on taxation to justify said abilities?
Nil Mortifi Sine Lucre

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 05 Aug 2017 20:55

nils wrote:
Dread wrote:.. there sure seems to be a correlation between tax and combat ability, but I will spare everyone the obvious arguments here.
I might be a little slow, but could you possibly be speaking about the completely out of order "neutral" layman guild with more combat aid than some occupational guilds, who's absurd game-breaking abilities are completely reliant on taxation to justify said abilities?

Yepp, sounds like it.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/