All things come to an end

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Titan

All things come to an end

Post by Avatar » 09 Nov 2017 21:14

And my stay in Genesis is one of them.

I will make it crystal clear. This post is NOT a whine post, as I am not leaving because I am unhappy with anything, or anyone.

My time has simply come.

I logged into the game for the first time, in august 1991 and have been blessed with 26 incredible years. More hours in the game, than I dare even count. And god, what hours. The memories I've made will stay with me forever. These last few years, I have shared a lot of them with anyone that wanted to listen to them. Nothing will ever come close to matching what Genesis have offered me over the years.

I met my wife in Genesis, and our toons have the longest registered marriage in the game.

Subject: Marriage date.
Date : Sat Dec 31 13:44:22 2005

Greetings,

The Genesis date is Fri May 17 22:22:21 1996, so the 17th of March is exactly
two months short of your tenth anniversary in these realms.

Congratulations to you.

Mercade

Together, we have 2 perfect children. Children that would never have been, were it not for this game.

The friendships I have made, both inside the game, and outside it, I will cherish for as long as my addled mind manages it.

I had set a goal for myself, that I would retire from adventuring once Avatar reached the level of Myth. When that happened I could not get myself to do so, as I had so many plans for my beloved Angmar guild, and I wanted to stick around to realize as many as possible, in order to bring the guild back to life.

One thing I did not take into account though, was the fact that I seemingly had lost touch with the game, and what people want these days. Meaning, I ended up pissing more than a few people off, whenever I managed to convince one of the fantastic wizards surrounding the guild (Thank you Varian, Nerull and Finwe!!!), to change or implement something to the guild.

People would yell and scream at me, and some would even leave the guild. That was quite the opposite result I had hoped for, when I started working for changes for the guild. Yesterday I realized that I am hurting the guild more than I am helping it, by trying to push through so many changes. A guild I have ALWAYS been a member of, when it has been open to us players.

I have sent my resignation as Lord Templar to the Priesthood, so that another may take the mantle, and I am awaiting a chance to pass leadership of the Angmar Army to the next in line. Once I have wrapped things up, Avatar shall pass into slumber for the last time. Take very good care of my beloved Kabal :)

I bid you all, friend and foe, a fond farewell. You have all enriched my many years in the game, and for that, I thank you. I really do.
Angmar! ANGMAR!! ANGMAR!!!
Pulp Znuga! PULP!!!!

Draugor
Myth

Re: All things come to an end

Post by Draugor » 09 Nov 2017 22:00

Unless you come there and stop me, I'mma defecate in every holy item the Tanar has.

Gonna miss you, you old goat.

gold bezie
Expert

Post by gold bezie » 10 Nov 2017 02:16

Man this saddens me, i mean we are no friends and we have hardly talked in the game. Also in completely opposite guilds no change to team up or get along. Both in a very badly coded area with no change of getting the changes we want, still thinking roleplay is more powerful than hopping from one populair guild to another.
I think you did some amazing things in the realms.
I have laughed so much on the things you ve put on fb. You are one of those rare people who can bind people together.

Maybe you will still read it, i hope so, but even if you think it is enough after all these years, i do still hope you will pop in now and then.
Be well!
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that.

finwe
Wizard

Post by finwe » 10 Nov 2017 04:04

This saddens me, Avatar, to see you go. But I promise, I will make those changes we talked abt to the guild.

Finwe
Heh, I forgot I'm not writing a mail. :)

OgreToyBoy
Champion

Post by OgreToyBoy » 10 Nov 2017 13:39

You got to Myth so essentially you 'won' :)

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 10 Nov 2017 15:52

Have fun in the tutorial with your new char Avatar! Because you don't mean you're quitting Genesis?!?! Just Avatar, right? Nobody quits Genesis.

Titan

Post by Avatar » 10 Nov 2017 16:09

gold bezie wrote:Man this saddens me, i mean we are no friends and we have hardly talked in the game. Also in completely opposite guilds no change to team up or get along. Both in a very badly coded area with no change of getting the changes we want, still thinking roleplay is more powerful than hopping from one populair guild to another.
I think you did some amazing things in the realms.
I have laughed so much on the things you ve put on fb. You are one of those rare people who can bind people together.

Maybe you will still read it, i hope so, but even if you think it is enough after all these years, i do still hope you will pop in now and then.
Be well!
Wow, what a nice post. Your words humble and touch me. Thank you :)

@Finwe

Thank you for storming onto the stage, all fired up and full of ideas and will. Angmar really will prosper with you at the 'helm' above. I have no doubt about it :)

@OgreToyBoy

I just figured I HAD to have SOMETHING to show for 26 years of playing, so Myth was a requirement. At least ;)

@Cherek

Won't happen. Avatar was who I was. I am walking into the sunset, as soon as Ghorphys awakens in the game, so I can hand her the Captaincy ;)
Angmar! ANGMAR!! ANGMAR!!!
Pulp Znuga! PULP!!!!

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 10 Nov 2017 19:06

Won't happen. Avatar was who I was. I am walking into the sunset
Okay okay, do it, like a true ranger/knight weakling :P *Tease*

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 11 Nov 2017 00:44

Cheers you old fart.
Been good having you around as a friend, enemy and sometimes both :)
Stay in touch!
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 11 Nov 2017 12:53

( ... visual metaphor for your departure. The Avatar ascends but the clutches of Genesis reach after!)

Godspeed you, Avatar!

I promise not to tease you too much when you come back. We'll just pretend this never happened!

;-)

G.

p.s. I break promises.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/