Bottchecks

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Draugor
Myth

Re: Bottchecks

Post by Draugor » 19 Nov 2017 17:59

Amberlee wrote:Pasha calling other people botters.
That's kinda the pot calling the kettle black.

Well you see, panic of getting caught tends to do that, I mean if he didnt bot it wouldnt be a problem would it? I didnt mention names in my first post, just flat out accusing me of shit he does, wich I find funny since I've been calling for instadeletions for bots :P

mallor
Rising Hero

Post by mallor » 19 Nov 2017 21:25

So, re-railing the thread.

How are you planning to implement this? All modern browser games, which always swarm with bots, have improved captchas with imagery. And even those are getting cracked quite easily with time. Anything text based Gen can implement, starting with math questions, ending with ASCII graphics, can easily be scripted.

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 19 Nov 2017 22:54

mallor wrote:So, re-railing the thread.

How are you planning to implement this? All modern browser games, which always swarm with bots, have improved captchas with imagery. And even those are getting cracked quite easily with time. Anything text based Gen can implement, starting with math questions, ending with ASCII graphics, can easily be scripted.
They have one that spells out numbers in ASCII graphics wich you need to reply to with the correct number

mallor
Rising Hero

Post by mallor » 19 Nov 2017 23:27

Draugor wrote:
mallor wrote:So, re-railing the thread.

They have one that spells out numbers in ASCII graphics wich you need to reply to with the correct number
Ohh number/letter recognition, neural networks, computer science third year project back in 98 :D I'm telling ya there are scripts to recognize numbers/letters on images, ascii is piece a cake! :D

Darken Rahl
Apprentice

Post by Darken Rahl » 20 Nov 2017 14:27

Just kill the bots then ?

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 20 Nov 2017 14:31

Darken Rahl wrote:Just kill the bots then ?
Well, problem is that boths such as in this case are to goddamn big since they have been allowed to do it for to long :P And not that seldom have tons of triggers and paths to autorun em to safety, sure its illegal, but I kinda doubt the punishment will be effective :P

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 21 Nov 2017 01:30

I actually built a much more sophisticated ascii-based captcha a year or so ago. We never implemented it, though. I suppose we could ...

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 23 Nov 2017 02:26

Draugor wrote:
Well, problem is that boths such as in this case are to goddamn big since they have been allowed to do it for to long :P And not that seldom have tons of triggers and paths to autorun em to safety, sure its illegal, but I kinda doubt the punishment will be effective :P
Oh I think removing all the combat XP without recovery is quite effective. For a huge myth, even losing half their combat XP without recovery is a BIG punishment. So, botting is a risk, because if you do get caught you'll most likely lose years of XP, both legal XP and illegal XP.

mallor
Rising Hero

Post by mallor » 23 Nov 2017 12:15

Cherek wrote:
Draugor wrote:
Oh I think removing all the combat XP without recovery is quite effective. For a huge myth, even losing half their combat XP without recovery is a BIG punishment. So, botting is a risk, because if you do get caught you'll most likely lose years of XP, both legal XP and illegal XP.
Irk is back and he's still bigger than any average fresh myth out there.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 23 Nov 2017 15:02

Mallor: Yes, as per the rules, for being caught a second time half of his combat XP was removed, without recovery. If he like you say still is bigger than some fresh myths even after losing HALF of his combat XP, then image how big he was _before_ he lost it, and how much he lost. Irk lost years of grinding, ask him if you don't believe me.

If you dont think losing half your combat XP without recovery is hard, I'll be happy to demonstrate it for you. Just let me know and we can measure how long it takes for you to get back to your old size.:)

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/