NPC conversation spam

Discuss general game topics or anything else that doesn't fit in the other forums
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Poultry
Apprentice

NPC conversation spam

Post by Poultry » 26 Mar 2018 18:45

I'd like to see a global change where non-quest NPCs' conversations don't show up in the conversation pane. It's a lot of spam.

Draugor
Myth

Re: NPC conversation spam

Post by Draugor » 26 Mar 2018 19:17

Poultry wrote:I'd like to see a global change where non-quest NPCs' conversations don't show up in the conversation pane. It's a lot of spam.

IMo aye, an option for this would be nice, especially if doing the tower of arms with the lame-ass dialogues there.

Shanoga
Wizard

Post by Shanoga » 26 Mar 2018 21:39

There is another thread that touches on this here:

https://www.genesismud.org/forums/viewt ... n&start=40

In the end, there is a command you can send to turn off npc comms:

Code: Select all

https://www.genesismud.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3533&hilit=conversation&start=40

Zugzug
Veteran

Post by Zugzug » 26 Mar 2018 23:10

This sounds like a fantastic option to add to .... options menu :)

Also - for any wizards who are listening - it appears that sybarus guild-talk and the rangers guild-talk are captured in gmcp, while all of krynn guilds are not (knights, dragonarmies, priests ot takhisis). It would be nice to be able to see guild-talk in chatboxes :)

Drazson
Titan

Post by Drazson » 27 Mar 2018 02:42

I almost fell for it and logged in to check whether we had guild talk in the communication window. Nice try.

Zugzug
Veteran

Post by Zugzug » 27 Mar 2018 11:19

Drazson wrote:I almost fell for it and logged in to check whether we had guild talk in the communication window. Nice try.
I saw a couple rangers talking to each on the pier a couple days ago and it got captured by my gmcp chatbox, I asked them if it were guildspeak and they confirmed. It isn't true?

Berwyn
Veteran

Post by Berwyn » 30 Mar 2018 04:51

Names.

b.
Evil to him who evil thinks.

Drazson
Titan

Post by Drazson » 30 Mar 2018 15:22

Zugzug wrote:
Drazson wrote:I almost fell for it and logged in to check whether we had guild talk in the communication window. Nice try.
I saw a couple rangers talking to each on the pier a couple days ago and it got captured by my gmcp chatbox, I asked them if it were guildspeak and they confirmed. It isn't true?

I don't see anything in client.

Arman
Wizard

Post by Arman » 31 Mar 2018 04:46

It does actually exist.

I tried converting the DAs and knights guild chat a year or so ago to integrate in to the client communications window. It wasn't as straight forward a change as I thought it would be (i.e. I couldn't get it to work). So it is something parked... and considering the effort i'll need to put into it, it isn't a high priority to fix either.

Drazson
Titan

Post by Drazson » 31 Mar 2018 07:02

Arman wrote:So it is something parked... and considering the effort i'll need to put into it, it isn't a high priority to fix either.
Gotcha. It makes a world of a difference between such and update and silence, thanks a lot :)

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/